Topic: Costa Rica

I have recently moved to San José. Any robots there? Sights? Clubs?

2 (edited by noctambulo 2011-04-30 11:25:27)

Re: Costa Rica

down know many things about san jose but i can give my 2 cents about other shits.

you gotta absolutely visit tortuguero, its a bit complicated to get there but it's worth it, great unspoiled channels inside the jungle on the northwest carribean part of the country. fuckin cool to get a kayak & drive it among the crocodiles, monkeys, turtles etc.watchout on the beach, the sea is pretty dangerous right there, killer waves.

a right spot for surfing is playa dominical on the pacific coast, town is ridiculous,juste a giant & awesome beach with perfect sunsets. go once to the national park of manuel antonio because it's superb but otherwise run away of the area alike jaco etc ,it's full of stupid mass-tourism & prices tend to inflate a lot.

extreme southeast is very pleasant too, places like puerto viejo de talamanca, manzanillo & cahuita with dozens of pristine unspoiled desert beaches & coral reefs 50 meters to the beach.

to climb volcanoes, you have the cerro chirripo, the arenal even if touristy & you can't miss the national park of monteverde & the rainy cloud forest there, the irazu volcano, the poas volcano etc.

if you wanna have a piece of action in the jungle & difficult hike you gotta go to the peninsula de osa,in the southwest of the country, wildest jungle part of the country.

well what's more ? 'las ticas" are really welcoming so have fun smile pura vida

Re: Costa Rica

Thanks for the input noctambulo, Cahuita and Arenal were outstanding, and I have many more jungleweekends ahead. I guess that if I can't find some sweaty hot disco action here, I will have to introduce it myself..