Topic: records you miss..

Something's wrong today. I miss a record! I saw it two months ago when I found another great record. That's why I was not interested although this record surely attracted my attention. Back then I did not know anything about the record but it was covered so nicely. Now I know that I will most likely never have the opportunity to get this record again. Wasted! I am such a dumbass that I miss a record  big_smile

Any other robots/robettes miss a record that got lost or destroyed or sth?

http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-150-2195376-1269175671.jpeg

Tuō Men Xiōng Hǎopéngyou..

Re: records you miss..

not that i know, but i do know some greek seller promised to sell me this album a few months ago, cause he found a few
and now he's lost, i mean the seller not the record

Vlam Aan

3 (edited by Scarface 2011-06-23 22:14:24)

"Blessed are the forgetful for they get the better even of their blunders."

"Are you loving?"

4 (edited by dolcevita 2011-06-24 09:48:16)

Great record indeed. i want it too.

once i checked a 2nd hand store and saw the 1st BATHORY LP with yellow goat sleeve for 10 Euros.
At home i found out that this one is sooooo expensive.
next day i went to the shop again and the record was gone
neutral

http://www.popsike.com/BATHORY-selftitl … 15059.html

i hate soccer

5 (edited by hysteric 2011-06-25 04:32:49)

dolcevita wrote:

Great record indeed. i want it too.

once i checked a 2nd hand store and saw the 1st BATHORY LP with yellow goat sleeve for 10 Euros.
At home i found out that this one is sooooo expensive.
next day i went to the shop again and the record was gone
neutral

http://www.popsike.com/BATHORY-selftitl … 15059.html

wow, I would be kicking myself for that too  yikes

But it's hard to shop as an "investor" all the time, unless you always have the internet open on your phone (and where is the fun in that?)

edit: btw it's much more often the case that I paid expensive prices in the past for records you can get for peanuts now.
would you believe I once paid $100 for this http://www.discogs.com/Drax-Drax-One/release/1669698

Missing that record seemed to be like missing an ex-girlfriend,, that was a strange feeling to me. Usually I just enjoy the music. No matter if I own a record or not. Obviously this was a substitutional feeling. Just need to enjoy the girls more.. Hope so!(o)

Tuō Men Xiōng Hǎopéngyou..

I lost all my Drexciya records in divorce. Also lost two of my favorite disco records:
Maurice McGee - Do I Do
Valaree - I Love To Love

>:(   >:(    >:(

Gabe wrote:

I lost all my Drexciya records in divorce. Also lost two of my favorite disco records:
Maurice McGee - Do I Do
Valaree - I Love To Love

>:(   >:(    >:(

Auch. Hopefully the Clone Drexciya reissues can soften that pain.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

a 'friend' used a lot of my records in the past but I found out he sold some and a lot of others never returned... ofcourse mostly rare stuff..  mad

TB or not TB

@ Freek - what a scumbag! Burning at the stake is too good for them!!

Freek wrote:

a 'friend' used a lot of my records in the past but I found out he sold some and a lot of others never returned... ofcourse mostly rare stuff..  mad

What an asshole. You know, you could file a complaint for stuff like that.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

scott_neon wrote:

@ Freek - what a scumbag! Burning at the stake is too good for them!!

Klart wrote:

What an asshole. You know, you could file a complaint for stuff like that.

I try not being frustrated anymore because 'its just records'  hmm  but what bothers me the most is the shadow that drops over the good times we've had.. I learned that you cant expect that everything has happy endings, such things don't solve itself and trust in 'friends' has its limits.. Filing a official complaint is a bridge too far for me, shit happens and I just have to go over it I guess smile I assume it didn't happened on purpose or was to screw me over but I guess its more a case of some kind of dumb nonchalance..

TB or not TB