Re: Stop with that Steve Jobs madness!

does it really take a genius to know that when  mp3s were big people would need an mp3 player, or that eventually computers would be the size of a phone or that you can make a smart phone bigger and call it an ipad?  maybe he HELPED come up with windows-based computing but i cant feel sorry for a billionare who made his money off of peoples stupidity

27 (edited by jacderida 2011-10-07 20:10:12)

MANASYt wrote:

I've never used an Apple product...who cares...my phone costs me 15 euro  big_smile ...doesnt even have color haha, dont have to charge it for like 10 days, call & sms...thats what a phone is for, right? Why do I need another mini laptop in my pocket to stare at the whole fucking day if I stare at this mofo here at home? What does an Iphone do these days - wash the fucking dishes? And do we get Iphone 6 or 7 or whatever after this dude has died? For fucks sake, candles...I could use an English-Chinese dictionary though, 1 useful thing, so I might upgrade to a phone with colors hahaha

one thing that it's really cool for is having a camera. I know that you can say "well, just buy a camera then", but I only really use it for doing stupid things like posting pictures on facebook, so it's really convenient to just have the camera on the phone rather than carrying one around separately.

It's also REALLY handy when you need to navigate around in foreign places. I went to Hamburg for work recently and I was able to find my hotel just by putting the address into google maps, and because the phone has GPS, it can get your current location and give you directions to where you need to go. Done the same thing also from getting from my hotel to the location where the training was held. Not essential, I know, but it can be extremely useful.

There are also apps that you can use to send yourself little reminders and things like that, and other sorts of productivity boosters.

edit - and more obviously, you can have an mp3 player as part of the phone too smile

28 (edited by cebteq 2011-10-07 20:31:03)

My phone does the same thing (and better) you just paid 6 times more so that it says apple

who said I had an iPhone? smile

Hey man I'm only human lol

31 (edited by neudphoto 2011-10-07 21:48:39)

miravalles wrote:

What I find really weird and a sign of the times is that a store is turned in a pilgrimage site, where people go to mourn the death of it's owner, holding their iPads displaying a candle on its screen. And I'm sure while they are there, crying and mourning, they are also buying.

Well, again, it's a sign of the times. There's nothing we can do about it.

May his soul rest in peace.

so true...
i work right next to an Apple store and there's a huge wall of yellow post-it notes with people are having their little digital candle light vigils.. then there's a stack of apples below with bites taken out...

32 (edited by cloud9 2011-10-07 23:29:28)

neudphoto wrote:

so true...
i work right next to an Apple store and there's a huge wall of yellow post-it notes with people are having their little digital candle light vigils.. then there's a stack of apples below with bites taken out...

lol wat tha fuck are these people for reals?

i hope some homeless peoples figure out wats goin down at the stores and get themselves some apples

copypaste from asymco.com that says it quite nicely:

Steve Jobs didn’t

Steve Jobs did not create products. He created an organization that predictably and reliably created emotionally resonant products.
Steve Jobs did not make movies. He made a company that predictably and reliably made blockbusters (Pixar).
Steve Jobs did not wrest market share from competitors. He created new markets that attracted and sustained competitors.
Steve Jobs did not design anything. He gave others the freedom to think about what jobs products are hired to do.
Steve Jobs did not re-engineer processes. He brought engineering processes to works of creativity and the creative process to engineering.
Steve Jobs did not develop new management theories. He showed by example that innovation can be managed.
Steve Jobs was not a visionary. He put the dots together and saw where they led.
Steve Jobs was not a futurist. He just built the future one piece at a time.
Steve Jobs did not distort reality. He spoke what he believed would become reality at a time when those beliefs seemed far fetched.
Steve Jobs was not charismatic. He spoke from the heart compelling others to follow him.
Steve Jobs was not a gifted orator. He spoke plainly.
Steve Jobs was not a magician. He practiced, a lot.
He had taste.
He was curious.
He was patient.
He was foolish.
He was hungry.

These things many others can do. Maybe you can.

one thing I thought was pretty cool about him was that he attributed his experience with LSD as one of the top 3 most important things that he ever done in his life... smile

Saw this online...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299349_10150357674885854_585375853_8342568_752517544_n.jpg

R.I.P. - STEVE JOBS. One dies, Millions Cry. Millions die, No-one Cries.

We remember your Memory:

• A 'Genius' whose Global Empire was literally built on the back of Underage Chinese Slave Labour working in horrific conditions. Some were driven to SUICIDE.

• Your fearsome Legal & Private Security Team that ANNIHILATED smaller prey.

• Oligarchal Power/Bilderberger Elitist Ruthlessly Striving for Global Domination

• Wielding Power Over Government, Media with fellow Global Plutocrats

• Censorship, Authoritarianism, bullying, humiliating, manipulation, intimidation & fear of Staff

• The HUNDREDS OF 1000's of people that SUFFERED due to your relentless pursuit of GREATNESS, Love of GREED and POWER.

• Not 1 cent did you ever DONATE to Charity.

Did you leave your $7 BILLION to any of the underage Chinese workers whom you ruthlessly exploited driving some to suicide?

Finally, does your £7 BILLION keep you warm at night?

R.I.P.

Signed: Your Exploited & Indentured Slave Labour

I have heard about the workers' conditions etc...but if all this is true...its fucked.
As Im in China and everyones is going bananas over Apple here, there goes next lesson topic.

what are those claims based on? the part about the chinese workers getting shafted is probably true but that's the chinese subcontractors being greedy. they probably broke all of the agreed rules about worker conditions in their contract with apple. the same has happened with many companies.

Steve Jobs was a genius marketer that convinced the hipsters and (now) the general public that he was one of them. The guy was right-wing to the bone. When apple made it big, he never gave a dime to charity. Paid himself $1 to minimise his taxes. Jumped organ transplant queues. Exploited the hell out of a whole lot of Chinese. Bullied the shit out of his workers. Screwed over his best buddy and business partner. Denied paternity of his kid. Even parked repeatedly in the goddamn handicapped spot at work.

The most fascinating thing about him is how he got the liberal, creative types on his side throughout all of this with some shiny toys and a branding-strategy.

His last months were like a manifestation of his products:

Just kept getting thinner and thinner.

this month's cover of 'The New Yorker':
http://i.imgur.com/iZs7k.jpg

40 (edited by Tottieheid 2011-10-22 11:49:33)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … tion-apple

Absolutely brilliant, spot-on article on why and how Jobs didn't change the world.

EDIT: It's quite long, but stick with it  wink

My costume for last night's Halloween party:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/_Black_Acrylic/DSCF2731.jpg

haha amazing!

cuties don't exert