Topic: make an sp12 modern?

ok.. i have an sp12 turbo. i love it. i like the sound and the workflow.. everything.. i want to upgrade.. i want something that sounds like it, 8 outs, and has a similar workflow (no menu diving)..
so.. i dont want an sp1200 cause i dont want to mess with discs.. i had an mpc2000xl but i couldnt get into it.. the workflow just didnt happen.. and i couldnt ever save anything correctly so i could find it again.. and zip discs?
then i had an mpc1000..  it was better. but 4 outs and the pads seemed weird and the jjos was better.. but i still could work fast enough or figure out how to save anything correctly..
also had the korg esx1.. but i dont know.. i couldnt stand to look at it for some reason. and it also seemed limiting somehow.. but it was ok.

so i guess what i am asking is, is there a mod for the sp12 that gives it more memory? like putting an external harddrive on it? or some kind of flash reader so i dont have to mess with sysex dumps.. i just want to be able to save and load songs without all this oldschool technology. or if there isnt one for the sp12 maybe for the sp1200?

i have also thought about the mpc 60.. but i want modern day memory options.

ideally, i want an sp12 with a big hard drive in it and more patterns? does that exist?

Re: make an sp12 modern?

get the esx1 again and paint it black.. how it is limiting is beyond me, i think its the most creative sampler/groovebox there is

.. only problem is that its sort of noisy but i bet the sp12 is noisy too

edit: mayebe this thing: http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack .. i dont trust it tho, for some reason i never liked anything electron made

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Yo spec !
Keep an eye on this thread:  http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron … -here.html

Oef, i want one of those for my a2000

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

i want one for a roland s-330 and another for an ensoniq mirage

yeah boyeee

hmm.. interesting.. i also read that it might not make too much of a difference in functionality because the sp5 os can only use the 5 secs somehow. i wonder if that is true and if this soundcard thing will effect that..
i guess it makes sense because when you ad "turbo" to your sp then you are adding more ram.
but the card reader thing makes an sp1200 more interesting.
goddang electribe..

I've never used one, but what about the ASR-X? It's the only all in one thing not mentioned above that i could think of. They're meant to be pretty crunchy. Other than that i would recommend giving MPC1000 another whirl. The trick is to save your songs as projects which take an image of all settings at the point where you saved it. They also have 6 outs technically...

never used an asr-x either but i've heard the sequencer is horrendous

i had an asr x too.. i dunno.. couldnt get into it. maybe i should try the mpc1000 again