Topic: The Walking Dead

Thought we could start a new discussion on Walking Dead here instead of flooding the movies/tv show thread.

Did anybody see that latest episode? S02E04? That last part sent shivers through me.

I have to say I was a bit skeptical about the series (as Im not a huge zombie fan like many others here) but the show is definitely growin on me as it progresses.

Re: The Walking Dead

I liked the very first episode a lot, but what really appalled me were the love intrigues. There were just too much, spoiling all the zombie-fun. It seemed to me like it was written for women too...

it's a weird one. First season was pretty damn impressive and they got the balance between the drama and the zombie action spot on I thought. I read some of the comics before and always liked the fact they added something new to the mythos without alienating the zombie freaks (you know, the people who will yell at you when you say 28 Days Later was your favorite zombie flick, even though they are not zombies. I've done this, I felt bad after, I don't do it anymore)

anyway, first episode of season 2 was really tense and well made. I'm not sure about the slowness of what has happened since. The revelation at the end of last weeks episode could have been done earlier moving the plot onwards. I wonder if it's got a little confused. The trend of these long running series is maybe to live up to The Wire?

I don't want The Wire again, I want fucking Zombie Apocalypse. Sort it the fuck out. wink (Haven't seen last night's episode yet though)

Discontinues wrote:

..... but what really appalled me were the love intrigues. There were just too much, spoiling all the zombie-fun. It seemed to me like it was written for women too...

Bingo, the first series has been council tv over here. I really didn't think much of it, some good FX or whatever ...jez there was some episodes with zero zombie action at all. Fuck 'developing characters' get on with apocalypse.

Let's get Dumb

too many gratuitous moments like the love making, smashing zombie heads, abundantly killing your zombie husband (i guess ex now,) and the use of the word "nigger," and cholos turned good guys.  read the comics man - this shit is made for lazy americans with no imagination

i didn't even know this was a comic. i'll agree there is definitely too much love story involved here and that asian dude can't act for shit. i am interested in what that angry dude with all the guns is going to do next

then I realised there was no episode last night.

haha yeah i think it's on tonight or tomorrow night

Wikipedia says February hmm

February? You're telling me that was the last ep of the season??? weakkk

No, that was the mid-season finale. Anyways, first season was great, but the second... like watching a soap opera.

damn u guys the show is sooooo weak compared to the comic book.. u guys gotta believe me.. show has been really pussified

Dade_Elderon wrote:

damn u guys the show is sooooo weak compared to the comic book.. u guys gotta believe me.. show has been really pussified

you re right tv show sucks

i thought the second season ended well after a non eventful start and middle

A video game is on it's way...

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.