Topic: (Semi-O.T.) pressing plant

I've been looking at www.Flight13-duplication.com to get my next releases pressed, they do very small runs at ok prices apparently. But I haven't found any customer feedback. Has anyone here worked with them, what's their rep like?

Thanks

Rvk

Re: (Semi-O.T.) pressing plant

Not sure what quantity you have in mind. From around 200 up I highly recommend to check out Record Industry , their service level is tough to match! Price is about the same as Flight13 at these quantities. Happy customer for 5 releases so far.

Thanks.

There's several reasons why flight13 looks appealing: at low quantities, the price includes pressing on 180gr and 4-colour labels.

Also they claim the following: "We are only using classic record cuts! No DMM! The quality of DMM is too bad! DMM was only developed because of economical reasons. The sound is much worse than classic cuts!"

I have no clue whether this is true or just a bunch of horseshit, though.

AFAIK DMM vs classic cutting depends on the material being cut...

that statement alone tells me they have no idea what they are talking about. depending on the material, DMM can be far superior to normal 'classic' laquers. at record industry, a few months back we did some testing on 7" singles and on some material DMM was so much better it even surprised the engineer there.