Re: Why are Italo represses (bootlegs)so expensive?

Scarface wrote:

Kristal - Love & Magic is on my wantlist for quite a while

Ha that record made it maybe at very first on my wantlist.
The Dub Version is just so great, but i resigned the fact that i will never own it long time ago..

Due to your post i know now that there is a repress.
I think i will pass on this repress too.

Nowadays every fuc**** record gets repressed/bootlegged , or the best tracks land on an ultra cosmic compilation.
Either by some UK assholes, by some "Private records" assholes or some other assholes.

What´s up with all these guys ??

Yeah , sure they do it for the love of the music.. lol and not for money...

Like Mr "private records" asshole, who bought the Intergalactic Orchetstra Lp for 500-600 Euro, and made an "official repress" of it( from the record) Isn´t that called bootleging ???
Now he still tries to sale the original for 399 Euro.

So much records got fucked up the last years, that it´s unbelievable...

No stupid bootlegged repress fresh from the pressing plant,can replace the smell and the feelings i have when i hold a 35 year old record in my hands.

And because many people don´t give a fuck about that fact, and just want to have that shit on vinyl, so they can be super cool dudes and play that ultra rare super dupa cosmic tracks, makes the greedy assholes keep up going repressing all the records which can be sold to the wannabe elite..

Pffff how i hate that shit...

depress the repress

I feel some Col. Norbert vibes coming

"A Real Music Hater"

I remembered this old thread and how I felt disgusted by that guy who owns Obscure Identities:
http://minimalwave.com/forums/viewthread/2424/

something went wrong somewhere if you guys are smelling your music

good point, I wonder what the next step is then.

"A Real Music Hater"

smelling a youtube clip?

32 (edited by scott_neon 2012-03-15 01:57:27)

I just got the Kristal and it has a SIAE hologram sticker on it with the perforations so it can't be tampered with.  Seems very unlikely someone would replicate these to sell 250 records.....

And it sounds great to me.

Maybe I'm a wannabe elitist?  wink

scott_neon wrote:

And it sounds great to me.

but that doesn't matter. how does it smell?

Mr. Satellite wrote:

What´s up with all these guys ??

Like Mr "private records" asshole, who bought the Intergalactic Orchetstra Lp for 500-600 Euro, and made an "official repress" of it( from the record) Isn´t that called bootleging ???
Now he still tries to sale the original for 399 Euro.

Pffff how i hate that shit...

i think you are completly wrong with this mr private guy, just my thoughts

Vlam Aan

Yeah I think the Private guy is doing some good projects and I think he's in touch with the artists for sure. It seems he reissues the records out of passion for the music.

Also, I understand it's nice to find a mint copy of a rare old record for a good price, but it's still great to get a good quality official repress of a scarce/expensive record too, for example Clone Classic Cuts - "Clio - Eyes". For me I want to be able to play these records.

I think it reaches a new level of elitism and fetishism when you can only enjoy a record that's 35 years old. On the repress  the music is still 35 years old, so if this is in someway deemed inferior, it is purely predicated on the physical object and not the musical content. A strange attitude towards music, in my mind.

scott_neon wrote:

I think it reaches a new level of elitism and fetishism when you can only enjoy a record that's 35 years old. On the repress  the music is still 35 years old, so if this is in someway deemed inferior, it is purely predicated on the physical object and not the musical content. A strange attitude towards music, in my mind.

sums it all up pretty well

it doesn't have the same smell tho and this topic/investigation shows that the smell is the most important thing.

"A Real Music Hater"

Pretty sure these represses (Ryvon, etc) are legit and somehow also connected with Iventi/I.D. Limited.
Just marketing to a different audience.
I would never consider paying such crazy prices for originals of Kristal or Ryvon, so for 25 each (and some discount after haggling) I'm happy to buy a decent looking and sounding reissue.

38 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2012-03-15 13:20:56)

true but it's still a scam to say "hey, the original costs +500 euro so 20 or 25 euro is a great price" while any other new 12" costs between 8 and 11 euro. The original Transparent Illusion LP goes up too 600 EUR on ebay so this means that Anna Logue should ask 50 EUR for the repress because, "hey, the original costs 600 EUR". That's just plain hipster and speculator nonsense and it has nothing to do with "love for the music" anymore, it's just an ordinary rip off. I wonder what the artists themselves think about all that bullshit.

"A Real Music Hater"

It seems like the people who repressed Ryvon DJ, Polo Est, Krystal etc. are still searching themselves how to market these "reissues". I mean Ryvon DJ, Nord Est, Brian Dalmini were pressed for a "limited 500 pcs." and initially sold for 20euro a piece. Turns out they can't sell them all 500 for for 20euro so now the price is set to 15euro a piece.
Amount af Kristal-represses is now 250, again for 20euro.
What to think about that? Ofcourse it's normal that products (records) get sold with some discount after a while. On the other hand it feels like milking out the costumers who come first to sell the records for 50-100% more than the normal price of a 12".

"Are you loving?"

speculator wrote:

...and shipping and taxes and distromarkup and store mark up....

You know for example the new Legowelt ep on Signals...

http://signalsmmx.bigcartel.com/product … pectrum-ep

Buy for £6...which in my opinion is the correct price for non-import 12"

The stores in the uk like Juno/Phonica  have marked this up to as much as £9-10, that's stupid..

In Rubadub for the price of the Danza Meccanica Vol2 selling for £21..?? I think the records shops are taking the piss, and im not wearing it...NO SALE.

Let's get Dumb

and another overpriced bootleg/repress: http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=547807

30 euro, what a joke

"A Real Music Hater"

You  can buy the Bagarre boot from Juno for £9.99...........

Or for 12,59 € from decks.de

Hey, it now seems there is a reissue of Regina - Mira Me been released, can't see anywhere that sells it yet tho, except some guy on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REGINA-MIRA-M … 500wt_1022

I really like the song, although quite aggressive vocal! and hopefully get one of these sometime

45 (edited by scott_neon 2012-09-30 08:58:58)

edit, double post

46 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2012-09-30 09:39:29)

only 70$, bargain!
He can keep his repress over there in Mexico, next to his mint sombrero's.

"A Real Music Hater"

Mint sombreros!  lol  big_smile  haha I'm sure there will be cheaper copies after a while, I would think it has come from Italy, as with the rest of these reissues.

The "new" approach. Try how much people you can fool for 70$. If that doesn't work anymore: lower the price to 60$ etc. etc.

"Are you loving?"

It really is the dark side of Italo business, I contacted the guy who made all the Ryvon etc represses and he told me he made the Regina reissue, but it is now sold out and will never be repressed.......... but he will kindly sell me his personal copy for 50 euros, plus shipping............LOL

Sold out? 500 copies? In about 3 weeks? Right...

"A Real Music Hater"