Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Endfest wrote:

A Boss PSA-230P Adaptor for my TB 303.

does it sound any different?

A Boss PSA-230P Adaptor for my SH 101. The hum has gone away, finally!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 1208wt_960

Road trip coming soon!

Stalker wrote:

A Boss PSA-230P Adaptor for my SH 101. The hum has gone away, finally!

Hmm.... Maybe I should try that.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

1,855 (edited by plikestechno 2009-11-18 01:02:42)

TONY COPS wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 1208wt_960

Road trip coming soon!

AWESOME! Whata price for one so nice! You won't be disappointed my friend.

I got a WMD Geiger Counter pedal in the mail today for $180 with free shipping. It's a first edition too. It says KEY IN as opposed to CV IN on later models. but it does the same thing.

And I won this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … K:MEWAX:IT

A pretty good deal I think as it comes with the whole vocoder system. I've been wanting to start a Eurorack for effects for awhile. Shipping was real good on it too.

Any particular eurorack filter, effects, modules that are really good? I've been thinking of those Malekko Wiard things, I've been thinking of buying a zeroscillator but I would have to sell my 202 first for sure. Or save forever. Or sell a lot of records.

My mind is swimming in Eurorack madness. I am probably doomed for the rest of my life. At least the Chilean modular is a semi-closed system but I think I am in trouble now.

excellent score!

wow tony that is the real deal hope it keeps running for a while heard some nasty stuff about the old yamaha cs serie synths but you probably are aware of that as much as i am

Great score!

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

I can always take it apart and at least double my money!

1,859 (edited by plikestechno 2009-11-18 03:00:58)

teknob wrote:
Endfest wrote:

You should always use Boss/Roland adaptors for Boss/Roland stuff. That said, I use batteries for anything I can including my 202 and 101.

As far as the CS60 goes it's like a lot of synths and Yamaha's of that period. If everything is working now it will work forever, if its not it will be a pain to get it working again. Doesn't seem that you have much to worry about.

Whoa nice work Tony!

My tech has two Cs-80s and he knows his stuff, so I'm pretty confident it'll get the service it needs, if it does need it.

That's IF the seller writes back!

plikestechno wrote:
teknob wrote:
Endfest wrote:

You should always use Boss/Roland adaptors for Boss/Roland stuff. That said, I use batteries for anything I can including my 202 and 101.

mmm, sounds like a pretty good solution avoiding groundloops and noise.. I assume you use rechargeable batteries?

TB or not TB

Plikes uses Tar sands batteries of course.

Congrats on the Doepfer case, seems like a really good deal!

teknob wrote:
Endfest wrote:

Nope. Did some research - I'm a complete dummy when it comes to stuff like this - , but this one is absolutely safe to put into your 303, some inside people told me. My 303 is heavy used one, it's not fragile, but it looks like I have too handle it with extra, extra care or something, except the knobs wink

Oh yeah, if all goes well, pickin' up a Korg DW 8000 tonight in Rijswijk ..... oh noo, there goes the money for the Record Fair ... but I heard such crazy sounds out of that machine .. deep, round and spacy kind of ambientish sounds, excellent for those heavy needed chill out sessions after hard work I guess wink

Sogar die gr

1,865 (edited by meschi 2009-11-18 14:22:13)

going to pick it up tonight!

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/IMAGES/roland_tr707_main.jpg

next up, I need to get myself a decent synth. Im thinking R3

Endfest wrote:
teknob wrote:
Endfest wrote:

Nope. Did some research - I'm a complete dummy when it comes to stuff like this - , but this one is absolutely safe to put into your 303, some inside people told me. My 303 is heavy used one, it's not fragile, but it looks like I have too handle it with extra, extra care or something, except the knobs wink

Oh yeah, if all goes well, pickin' up a Korg DW 8000 tonight in Rijswijk ..... oh noo, there goes the money for the Record Fair ... but I heard such crazy sounds out of that machine .. deep, round and spacy kind of ambientish sounds, excellent for those heavy needed chill out sessions after hard work I guess wink

yeah, my tb303 is parttly warped. from using the wrong adapter, so the previous owner told me.

Roland Alpha Juno 2 for 200 EUR. Not a bargain, but it's ok.
I needed something affordable analog good for basses and i hope it will do the job.

Jomox MBase01 for sub-basses. Little bit more than 100 EUR.

raoul wrote:

yeah, my tb303 is parttly warped. from using the wrong adapter, so the previous owner told me.

I don't know guys. I've been feeding my smaller boxes (202, 707, PG300, K4, KMS30, BOSS half-rack effects, Pedals, etc etc) out of all sorts of 9v and 12v adapters for years, and nothing bad ever happened. I've only had the 303 a little while tho. Is the 303 somehow extra sensitive? Or is this possibly one of those urban myths?

Ok my mfb synth lite II is now fully working after some confusions, and it's damn neat sounding for being such a tiny plastic box!!!

Sweet!

The CS-60 seller wrote back!  Looks like I'll meet him in Toronto next monday!

Any robots from Toronto? Unicity?

I'm thinking I might stay there a day or two and check out the city, any tips would be appreciated!

I'm in Winnipeg.  Sorry I can't help you out, but good to hear that the seller got back to you.

I'm getting good vibes from the sale. I think the CS-60 will work great. Considering it has everything for it I think it has been very well taken care of over the years. So jealous. Hell, I'd pay $1000 for a nice conditioned CS-50 if one came up locally. But a 60? That's awesome.

Too bad you're not in Chicago: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/1462940713.html

teknob wrote:
raoul wrote:

I don't know guys. I've been feeding my smaller boxes (202, 707, PG300, K4, KMS30, BOSS half-rack effects, Pedals, etc etc) out of all sorts of 9v and 12v adapters for years, and nothing bad ever happened. I've only had the 303 a little while tho. Is the 303 somehow extra sensitive? Or is this possibly one of those urban myths?

largely urban myth. as long as the voltage and amperage match, it shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. only thing is those cheap things may be of less qwuality, so ground hum is more likely to happen.. never had the problems myself though..

1,875 (edited by plikestechno 2009-11-19 01:48:07)

rude66 wrote:

only thing is those cheap things may be of less qwuality, so ground hum is more likely to happen.. never had the problems myself though..

Which is what most people buy if they don't have the original adaptor. Spend an extra coupla bucks and get a good one. Ground hum and noise obviously also depend on how your instruments/studio/computer/monitors are arranged.