Re: Should I buy...

roland alpha juno 2 for 300e?

nope way 2 much i think
it is a great synth with an awsome filter
but i think its worth about 150/200 if the PG is not included

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

if the pg is not included al editing should be done with one button the alpha dail and there really is no fun in that
now if the pg is included its a complete different story and you have fully hands on controlleble synth

a yamaha an-200 WITHOUT the plg200 chip
for 85 euro?
dont haveany hands on sequencers now

I have this thing. I did not use it as sequencer yet but i think its not very good for it.
It only has 16 steps per part and only 4 parts. A cheap Electribe ER-1 has 64 steps per part.

YAS wrote:

Yeah

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

computerdisco wrote:

But in your part of the world synths are expensive no?

it depends, yes and no. some things i got much cheaper abroad and in some cases prices are more or less the same. on the secondhand market it also depends. in this case the guy selling alpha juno tends to have higher prices then average, still all the stuff he sells is in mint condition.

@PG: no this alpha does not come with pg

ProjectGenocide wrote:

a yamaha an-200 WITHOUT the plg200 chip
for 85 euro?
dont haveany hands on sequencers now

without the plg you only can prog 4 tracks/sounds of lame sounding pcm drums (no kits but indidiual sounds)
And the sequencer isnt that funny at all ......

But at 85 you cant expect much, but getter get a TR626 then for sequencing

YAS wrote:

maybe for a 100 or so more a JP8000?
Then you got the controls and sliders on the machine itself, and that is also a nice synth.

I wasnt that fond on the sound of the MKS/Alpha Juno's, but thats taste afterall. Especially the 6 stage envelopes are a hassle imo, iI rather use ARs or ADRs or so

I would advise to spend that kind of money on a DX7 then, thats also spartan in editing (although there are external editors just like there are for the alpha Juno) But that has a much more wide range in sound and is better sounding imo, but I love digital synths tongue

1,010 (edited by ProjectGenocide 2009-11-12 18:30:59)

lol thnks for the advice one the an somethimes i get things in my mind and have to buy good you guys talk it out again
probably gonna look for a nice sequencer in stead of the an 200

and any way my last month i got a  big add on my gear list :sherman filterbank (iloveitloveitloveitloveit) digidrumrack (everybody should get one! great fun and it works inspiaring) an sx500 (first actual poly synth anybody has an nice editor for it? or device panel?) and saterday going to take a look and probably buy the hill multimix 16/2

A guy is selling a Electro Harmonix vocoder at

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Seems expensive, you can find them on eBay for around 400$ I think.  I got mine for 200$ but it was a little beat up.

I don't think it compares favorably to the Roland, it's more lofi, but it still sounds good!

What would be a correct price for a Jupiter 6
What are the pros & cons..??
there's one just over  1000

i think that is a normal price, cheaper than ebay for sure.

olivier8 wrote:

What would be a correct price for a Jupiter 6
What are the pros & cons..??
there's one just over  1000

The price of that Jupe 4 was bananas. Like double last year's price.

I saw a Jupiter-4 go for the equivalent of 2500$ us in uk pouunds about 2 years ago.

A jupiter 6 is ok but its a bit of a boring synth soundwise, it certainly does the job in the studio but it ain't that adventerous.

The Roland Super JX10 imo sounds way warmer and deeper (which you can get with the programmer for way less). But the Jupiter 6 has got an arpeggiator and nicer colours...i dunno

is 250 eur too much for roland srv-330?

i kind of got used to paying little money for shitty effects boxes, maybe it is time for something serious?

A Akai MPK25 ?
I like the looks and the build quality seems nice.
The pads are not MPC standard, though, but they do the job.

What would be a better solution for a compact midikeyboard?

Netrom wrote:

A Akai MPK25 ?
I like the looks and the build quality seems nice.
The pads are not MPC standard, though, but they do the job.

What would be a better solution for a compact midikeyboard?

Remember that the MPK pads needs wearing before they respond like they should.
Also no Sysex or NRPN support (althgough it is documented it doenst work)

Those are the downsides, the good thing is, it got an onboard arp that is very flexible and good and the sliders/pots are very sturdy...and the keys play good

the hill mixer didnt made it missed the appointment still have an option on that the other option i now have is a soundcraft spirit rackpack 150 euro is it a good deal?

I have a rac Pac, I don't know much about mixers but I can tell you the routing is pretty convenient and rarely seen in this small format.
the price seems fair if it's in good condition, mine was cheaper but a bit beat up.

the seller said hes in good condition no cracking or noise goin to check ik out to morrow will bring my evolver or my kpr

mekonin wrote:

is 250 eur too much for roland srv-330?

i kind of got used to paying little money for shitty effects boxes, maybe it is time for something serious?

or Yamaha REV-5 for same price?

Pages Previous 1 39 40 41 42 43 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply