Topic: Chicago ???

Wondering who from this board if from here.  I'm in Humboldt Park, work at KStarke, do a couple nights here and there.... What's up???

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

Re: Chicago ???

plz come in sleek & commie

Huh?

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

those are the chicagobots on this forum...

5 (edited by Communicator 2009-11-19 11:09:49)

LOL How did you find this forum Walsh? I am a native Chicagoan born and bred since 1978. Fellow Robots here call me Commie, Comm, Commu, etc.

There are a few others but they might be in sleep modus. wink

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Well, I used to check out the CBS forum awhile back...spend way too much time online "digging"....

I have a couple nights in town (Italo/Euro-disco/sound libraries...so called "cosmic" stuff for lack of better words).  I work at KStarke (it''s just me and him right now) and sell online myself.  Apparently, its all about the vinyl right now.

I was born in the country south of here, grew up in Indianapolis & lived a hand full of places before coming to Chicago about three years ago.

There's probably a good chance we've met, no?

I think comm was born in El salvador as well

Hi Walsh! I am from Chicago but live in LA now. I will be in Chicago visiting from Dec 20-29. I will definitely be making a stop at the record store. Tell Kevin I said hi.

We should try to play some tunes together while I am there.

Glad you found the forum!

cebteq wrote:

I think comm was born in El salvador as well

when he says country south of here, I think he means in rural IL.

Wait, where's beau? I thought he posted here?

Wasn't there someone with Milk in his name from Chicago that posted here too?

11 (edited by Communicator 2009-11-19 23:23:01)

Walsh: All about vinyl now, huh? Who would have thought? wink

I live on the southwest side in Little Village. My parents are from Mexico and that's why Cebteq was just being Cebteq, I'm pretty sure he knew what you meant (country south of here), he just likes wordplay.

Dirtie: You mean Honey Peters? I know he's also in the city (or was). And Basscakes but you can't find him much outside of the Hardware section of this forum.

And Sleek, well, he may just be lurking on here and finishing up his album. Right, Sleek?

i'm from the CHi, been to KStarke quite a few times too smile
Used to be on the cbs board, havent been on here in awhile though...

kstarke is a nice shop.

honey peters lives in chi.

Communicator wrote:

Walsh: All about vinyl now, huh? Who would have thought? wink

I live on the southwest side in Little Village. My parents are from Mexico and that's why Cebteq was just being Cebteq, I'm pretty sure he knew what you meant (country south of here), he just likes wordplay.

Actually, we've met before.  I'm friends with Ross Kelly & I think we all went to the Smart Bar for something a while back.

dirtieblonde wrote:

Wait, where's beau? I thought he posted here?

I see Beau all the time.  I don't know if he looks at this site much anymore... He's still making good music and playing records every so often.

dirtieblonde wrote:

Hi Walsh! I am from Chicago but live in LA now. I will be in Chicago visiting from Dec 20-29. I will definitely be making a stop at the record store. Tell Kevin I said hi.

Of course we've met a hand full of times at the store and whatnot...I've been lurking on this site since it started, but it's quite rare for me to make an appearance on any forum!  I'd be down for playing together if anything comes up those days, but right now I don't have anything planned for that week.  I'm sure I'll see you at the store either way!

Walsh wrote:

Actually, we've met before.  I'm friends with Ross Kelly & I think we all went to the Smart Bar for something a while back.

I didn't meet you as "Walsh" did I? What's your real name? I have gone out with Ross on two occasions that he's had another friend with him, beside his girl.

Confirmed with Ross who you are. Yeah, good meeting you that time and talking bout records and Theo's Ugly Edits and edits in general. smile

dirtieblonde wrote:

Lance Milk, he dj's about the town and throws some parties under bridges during the summer.

I used to go to Kstarke a bunch when I would just visit Chicago, but have not walked in ever since I moved here for economic reasons. Although I've just heard some of Kevin's own tracks and been wanting to stop in and say hello.

You should talk Kevin into having more parties. Maybe a robot themed one?