Topic: lcd-tv any recommendations?

looking for a good 40

Re: lcd-tv any recommendations?

Buy a plasma. And an 808! (It is the robots forum after all.

Well, there

it depends what you will do with it honestly..

i am the kind of person who is content with the shittiest electronics, but if you are an electronics snob you should check avsforum

i enjoy plasmas for gaming. lcds just cant hang with the intensity.

the samsungs are getting good reviews

Sony had a promotion here with free PS3 with Brava. 100 hz model is very nice, I can recommend.

Notes: Special Sequence Mixed For Dancing

i have a samsung, great picture quality but the menus are sluggish at best

8 (edited by coae 2009-11-23 18:19:42)

no electronics snob, but nice to get the best tv in the price class. will play some xbox 360 but regular tv watching is more important. it's a damn science geting to know the tec specs.. boring.. hate it!.. 100 hz important (the higher the better and more expencive) or the tv wont hang with te fast motions. high contrast ratio also good.

been around to a couple electronic stores and so far the samsung serie 6 looks pretty good.
good contrast and color, the black is actually black.

(the samsung LE40B651 have got good review and a decent price but apparently is not for sale in scandinavia (where i live), it can only be brought here by import and then samsung wont help if it gets broken. all the samsung series 6 tvs are basically the same except for the design and contacts. So have to to pay 200 euro more for basically the same tv but with a diffrent last nummer in the name... smart).

will check the sonys haven

I ordered this one last weekend: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL40W5500/

Had a good deal on that one and I'm hoping to pick it up today...

I decided to go for this one instead of the Samsung B650, because i don't like the LCD screen lottery going on with Samsung.. basically there are three manufacturers making the screens for Samsung LCD TV's and from what i've read at least one of them produces screens of less quality (resulting in more bleed/clouding) ..

However both the Sony and Samsung are highly recommended at various (pro) review sites (the ones that go and produce metrics, graphs and other stuff while testing their tv's).

Heil CBS