Topic: Linda Law-"All the Night" pressing question

So, I was lucky enough to dig up a copy of Linda Law "All the Night" on Carrere/F1 this last weekend for pretty much nothing.

Upon putting it on I was only familar with the version on Rub and Tug's "Campfire" 2lp comp. on Eskimo.

So it seems like the OG is way way faster than this version that RnT released on the comp.

I'm assuming it's a pitched down edit that they put on the comp.

When i got home i pitched the OG down to -8 and played the RnT version at normal speed and the OG was still faster than their version.

Or is there another version aside from these two that exists or did I basically answer my own question?

Re: Linda Law-"All the Night" pressing question

yep.

guess it is played at 33 +8 or something..

isn't it already a fast record?

so why the speed up

have that too with some electro compilation i bought years ago
project future  is on it and it's also faster then the og

no respect for the original.. bah

Vlam Aan

nah, on the RnT comp. they slow it down, not speed it up.
although, i kinda like it slowed down a bit, but not that much.

Same thing (slowing down) happened with for example with Peter Jacques Band - Fly With The Wind on the record Savas Pascadalis -Galactic Gigolo There Fly With The Wind is slowed down drasticly to like 105 BPM (original = like 130 BPM). O.k. one can expect that these tracks are getting a the rework-treatment but still, if you first hear the slow version, and later the original (fast) version: that's some major difference.

"Are you loving?"

yea it's just weird to release something like that.
i wonder what Linda Law has to say, heheheh?

8 (edited by Scarface 2008-07-28 22:26:53)

It would be the most decent to note that the original is slowed down/speeded up (edited) version of the original. But hey, decency is mostly hard to come by in the musicbi$$$$$$$$$.

Edit: one can also say it's a natural thing in music to take eachothers music and make own versions of it. Let's call it "creativity". wink

"Are you loving?"

thats the miracle of ableton tongue tongue
screw edits, might as well just play an mp3 or cd of the og...