Topic: Novation Launchpad

Just got mine ! I quite like it.

I am happy also that I graduated to the Live Launchpad edition from Live Lite which only allowed 4 scenes (for minimal techno probably).

I like that you can assign any knob to a row of buttons in user 2 mode, for steppy progressions.

Anyone else using it?

Re: Novation Launchpad

I just jammed on the barebones of a new track. It feels good. With latency in abelton under 8ms, it feels responsive. Definitely handy as is.

Build quality seems good. Only thing I noticed is that the amber hue is not uniform (but it could be a trick of the light) but that doesn't affect my operation of the unit ... the button-action is like marmite in the sense that they are an acquired taste ... if you hit them straight on they are kinda sticky (apparently to help durability) ... if you don't they bank the side and in some cases trigger better. This 'banking' or sideways action helps if you're running your finger across a whole row or column as you would or keyboard for jazzy effect ... in the case of the launchpad this useful to emulate a slider or knob.

What is nice is that this is really 'surface' that is open-ended and can be played without looking at the screen.

I am trying to find a balance with the clip quantize, with certain things quantized others not, to keep things from being too straight. I think that all quantized is bad and boring but my sense of rhythm is not good enough for no quantize.