Topic: calling on all good americans

i am looking for someone to forward a package from the US, sounds a little sketchy... let me explain

UPS shipping costs are $109 to my address whereas within the 48 it's gonna be somewhere in the $10 range.
the contents of the package

i will not see your generosity go unrewarded.

pm me if you are willing to help.

(established board members preferred)

Re: calling on all good americans

i don't see why i wouldn't be able to help you out with this.. send me an e-mail

This way you can probably avoid the VAT issue as well

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

@cloud: thanks, i'll be in touch

@bmx: yes, perfect time of year for such shenanigans

i had this problem ttoo, luckily my father in law in the US does this for me sometimes. recently i wanted to buy a power supply, the thing was 10 dollar, and ups shipping would cost 150$! take it to the post office, they'll do it for 40, but a lot of businsses don't use that..

and yeah, remark it as a gift, set a low value and it'll go throuigh customs without you having to pay..

seeing as it's components and not an assembled product i'm hoping there won't be any charges so i'm going to check that tomorrow with the customs people

and DSI have since told me their online calculator is misbehaving. they can send UPS for $40 which is more realistic
that calculator error might be a common thing so it's not a bad idea to check directly with the seller

well, my power supply weighs 4kg, so in my case it was the correct amount.. i did check with the seller.. big_smile

of course you did rude, my advice was to everyone else : P

operation cloud9 is a go