Topic: "CBS in the Guardian" thread

Hey, in "The last 60 minutes" I found the upcoming post by mushaden:

mushaden wrote:

I was scared of this happening after the "CBS in the guardian" thread.

Thanks for making life a little more bearable for the past years DJX.  I understand that this time it's for real; all the more respect.  I hope that your radio dreams come true some day.  I'll be waiting for the next launch...

Any informations on this thread? Apparentely I missed this discussion on cbs.nu ...

Re: "CBS in the Guardian" thread

Basically, it was a thread mentioning an article in the guardian that covered CBS..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/musi … 65,00.html

Bias replied with the current amount of listeners to the stream, being 43 at the time. (Too bad it wasn't 42)

Rdjx said that he didn't check the amount of listeners any longer cause if he did he felt like pulling the plug..

That was it, basically.

At most it had a minor impact, this was a decision based on a long thought process.

edit; yeah.. it was really only a matter of time at any rate.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Thanks a lot THE GUARDIAN sad

And the banners with the dark clouds gave me a bad feeling about it...

Hmm. Perhaps it's no coincidence that once it makes the Guardian, the CBS disappears. That seems like a Ferenc thing to do.

I too don't think it really had that much of an effect... Remember the 2007 shut down ? RDJX diagnostic was already established back then. I think we can be grateful for the extra year...

so when does the protest to shut down THE GUARDIAN starts?

A Musica....A Musica Na Capoeira Eu Axe....A musica Na Capoeira Eu Todo

Starborough wrote:

Bias replied with the current amount of listeners to the stream, being 43 at the time. (Too bad it wasn't 42)

Rdjx said that he didn't check the amount of listeners any longer cause if he did he felt like pulling the plug..

It's friggin' SUMMER! Who's sitting online indoors when sun is shining and you're on holidays?!

Tradition is kindling of the fire, not worship of the ashes.

people like us don't go outside

outdoor speakers

skin cancer

13 (edited by Vomatron 2008-07-08 15:37:03)

Yeah, i agree it isnt exactly the season to determine listerners/popularity level...but like said it had ben cooking for a while. I can understand when the criteria is ever to expand, and it isnt happening, that the energy put it isnt determined to be worth it.

That guardian article does not make sense to me btw...why do these people have to write like that? Seems like they just wanted to cover up with vague, random facts for not knowing whats goin on. And why mention peter visti...even the most appreciated edit makers got slagged off at cbs...so why bring in some danish guy that noone knows? Maybe they meant flemming but just got things screwed up?

Edit: well, granted, the article was not specifically about the cbs but still...

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

14 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 15:39:32)

I mentioned him. Didn't follow that thread after that did i make the cup fall over or what?

Youre the one who wrote the article?

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

16 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 16:38:23)

no i'm not that stupid but i was stupid enough to get funny about how edits can be the coolest thing (which the reporter was saying)...

edit: anyway as BMX said i don't think djx would close cbs beacuase of just one bad topic let alone one bad post. he had his own reasons with all my respect. meantime i will continue to donate as usual until i get further info what will happen with all this.

How can you relate the article with the end of the CBS?

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

will this be the beginnings of some conspiracy as to why cbs really shut down?

Jonathan wrote:

will this be the beginnings of some conspiracy as to why cbs really shut down?

looks liek it eh?

what conspiracy?

the cia didn't like that "train didn't come in" topic. we were getting too close...

anyone else sick and tired of Bias's inherent negativity and bleak aspect on the world? everytime i read a cbs post, he's always there bringin the whole place down to the point where i didn't want to contribute. maybe i missed the point, all i read from the above is Bias's name and the closeure of the cbs.

you'd miss him when he wouldn't be there.. admit it.. big_smile

yep, i like bias and his sarcasm, by the way who the hell is the real bias? whats he look like?

"positive mutation!"

25 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-08 19:28:05)

@HAL, stop trying to find someone to blame already. cbs just didn't work, now we need to take care of the legacy and there's lot of steam going in the streaming thread who knows what it will bring. there are a lot of positive threads up. smile