Re: Some fightin words from Detroit Luv forum

rude66 wrote:

if you set up the place and pay the bills, you make the rules. its sooooo simple. and its also sooo easy to think you own the place as a contributor and start miouwing when things change that you don't like.

word x2

just been on the detroit luv site, jesus too much dancing avatars and flashing shit going on. bent my head!! and though i only checked it for a bit, like many other forums i detected a little attitude from some. thank god for the cbs and now robot for robots!

also this ego bullshit about ferenc, which has also been mentioned in a few other posts topics/post here is crazy. i dont know him personally but have met him a few times and i thought he was a really nice guy. having opinions and making the rules for something you created does not make you egotistical!

Ferenc was never about the forum, most certainly because of piteous bullshit like this. He was all 100% about the stream and people who cant recognize just don't know shit. Saying you joined "the CBS" when you in reality joined the forum is ignorant. You joined the CBS when you tuned into the stream, nothing else.

i donated tracks to the database, i contributed to discussions. yet, all contributions were met with no thanks and a sense of elitism that grew and grew until it became what it was in the last couple years: a contrived, grotesque version of its past self, all for the sole purpose of stroking Ferenc's ego.

Who is the one who wants his ego stroked here?.. The guy cries for not getting THANKS for 'contributing to discussions'? Laughable. And sending in some mp3s? Sweet jesus. What a sad little man.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

auton love wrote:

i dont know him personally but have met him a few times and i thought he was a really nice guy. having opinions and making the rules for something you created does not make you egotistical!

i've known him for over 15 years now and while not always the easiest person to deal with, he's one of the most straight, no nonsense people i know. and knowing what shit he had to go through running hotmix and all the labels, i'm amazed he's even still doing anything for anyone. there's someone with a true dedication to music. if 1% of all that crap happened to any of the crybabies here or on those other forums, they'd be running crying back to their mommy. believe me...

29 (edited by Stinki 2008-07-31 02:40:04)

i don't know what world you live in but there's a lot more difficult shit that happens to people than running a website, a distrib company, or a label. superior attitude like that is uncalled for and unfounded. there are loads of people on the forum with true dedications to music, who have been through all sorts of hard shit. it seemed like there used to be a lot more, there was a healthy community with loads of mutual respect, and that's when CBS was at it's best both in the forum and on the stream.

to act as if the forum and the stream are distinct entities is silly, they fed each other. half the programming was eventually being done by forum members, so i don't know how you assert it's all about the stream. the forum was proof that the stream had affected people and that shit (feedback) is important, whether f gets fed up with the inevitable bullshit there or not.

the cbs was a legendary achievement for internet radio. for me, it's not possible to tear that down, so let people react how they want. people say stupid and mean shit when they get emotional so read deeper than the surface if that's possible for you. many, if not all of us here have gotten heated and been dicks over some stupid shit, have gotten carried away about one thing or another. it was surprising coming from prussell as i've been in the same online spots as him since long before cbs (1996 or so) and he has always been thoughtful and intelligent, and he was probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the cbs. the "whatever" at the beginning of his tirade is a put-on. he was obviously upset and that's how he dealt with it. let it go, don't be so quick to judge, etc etc. the cbs wasn't perfect, and nobody on the forum was either, f included.

There was something about the the CBS which made it stand out from other electronic music forums. The CBS wasn't just a handfull of people giving a lot of attitude. The CBS really had content and dedicated intelligent people came together from all over the world.

There will always be people who want to run things, own things and who can't have it any other way. I think that is one of the biggest problems with in humanity. So far we robots have faired pretty well I think despite all the drama.

It's really lame to blame the CBS for not being open to all kinds of music (bad and good) cos supporting good music was what it was all about.

<Pete> His life was programmed from the very start.
<MacGyver> He never had a chance.

It was about supporting F's conception of good music  -- and he has great taste, but it shut the doors on some people, myself included. hhehe doh poor suckworx

Doorseems pretty open to me, especially considering the database was reset in late 07. You dont think the "shutting door" you are talking about might be partly a result from having insane amount of tracks to listen to day in and day out? What is you mean anyway? I think CBS was better than ever towards the end. There was good stuff from almost all electronic genres but still you where spared shit like dubstep or other crap like that.

Stinki wrote:

to act as if the forum and the stream are distinct entities is silly, they fed each other. half the programming was eventually being done by forum members, so i don't know how you assert it's all about the stream.

I said 'Ferenc was never about the forum', nothing else. How do assess that? Well, maybe cos he said so a number of times. Im sure he liked and had good use of the forum plenty of times but that does not change anything.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

yeah i don't get that either.. it was pretty accessible considering you could submit tracks, jingles, and make your own shows/specials.  weren't you even there once to play live?  how was the door shut on you?

there's always something funny too read........................its my ..... and i do what i want hahahahahahaha

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what ever!!!

big_smile

yoU...............................................................................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BMX wrote:

Doorseems pretty open to me, especially considering the database was reset in late 07. You dont think the "shutting door" you are talking about might be partly a result from having insane amount of tracks to listen to day in and day out? What is you mean anyway? I think CBS was better than ever towards the end. There was good stuff from almost all electronic genres but still you where spared shit like dubstep or other crap like that.

dude you know as well as i do that he never played my stuff, you know this. i frequently offered my crap to him, in the same email with other new down low related stuff and other things. everything i gave him made the air -- everything. except my own stuff. over the course of many years i got the message and eventually was pleased to see he liked some of my stuff enough to play it. sheesh, this ain't brain surgery. this is besides the fact that i heard froma little bird that he said he thought my stuff sounded crappy. i cant disagree, but it would have been nice to have been played, shitty producers need love too

BMX wrote:

I said 'Ferenc was never about the forum', nothing else. How do assess that? Well, maybe cos he said so a number of times. Im sure he liked and had good use of the forum plenty of times but that does not change anything.

I know what you said and I know what he says. It's BS. He mined the forum for ideas about the stream/programming and for contributors to the stream, and for fuck's sake the top100 and megamix contests were the biggest events of the year and depend wholly on the forum. I would wager that most people actually paying for the CBS were on the forum. I know how seriously he took the forum but that hardly makes it irrelevant to the functioning of CBS. It's ludicrous to call Prussell's complaints about the forum irrelevant. Overboard, yeah.

As i recall you had plays before too, maybe not a shitload but plays for sure.

Stinki wrote:

It's ludicrous to call Prussell's complaints about the forum irrelevant.

What complaints are they anyway? You seem to see some hidden meaning, I only see bitter ramblings from somebody who does not understand the reality of running something like CBS.

edit: ps. i have no idea what this "attack on Interdimensional Transmissions" are about but it sounds incredibly blown out of proportions. I mean if i got some death-threats from "robots" id be laughing my ass off.

The whole thing is blown out of proportion really.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

i know where you live BMX, be warned

keep hackney crap

You see?

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

dont think Prusell opinions on CBS are that important really. Everythings fine. Ferencs gonna come with something new. This forum's cool.

And Stinkworx is awesome.

burp

Nah, of course not..

And Stinkworx IS awesome <3

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I http://www.cbs.nu/forum/img/smilies/heart.png Vera L. big_smile big_smile big_smile http://www.cbs.nu/forum/img/smilies/thumbsup.gif http://www.cbs.nu/forum/img/smilies/thumbsup.gif

thumbsdown.gif

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

fuck you hater

It does seem that everyone on the forum got weirder and more sensitive in the last couple years though...

It's like everyone popped a spirng or something. It's why I was avoiding the forum for a while.

T.E.L. wrote:

Thought this was a pretty entertaining read, it's from our old friend Prussell, responding to the news of the end of CBS.
Shit, I never knew an internetz forum, about music of all things, could create such hostility. Remember, these are NOT my views, just stumbled accross it on that Detroit Luv forum. Ironically, he is the one who told me about CBS back in the day.

Hope your robot exoskeleton is reinforced. (will elefant skin help a robot?)

Now don't go on a tirade on Detroit Luv. Don't make me regret posting this. I just thought it was interesting to read an opposite view of things.

"whatever.

i joined the CBS in 2004, after lurking since its inception.  i donated tracks to the database, i contributed to discussions.
yet, all contributions were met with no thanks and a sense of elitism that grew and grew until it became what it was in the last couple years: a contrived, grotesque version of its past self, all for the sole purpose of stroking Ferenc's ego.  i stopped frequenting the board after it was announced that most areas would be unavailable to view unless you donated heavily (it was already in place that you must donate to list items for sale), and also after he announced that he would not tolerate any opinions that were not parallel to his own (he constantly threatened to ban).  this is true; i believe one of his phrases was "free speech does not apply here...this is my domain" or something along those lines.

perhaps i was just being idealistic, but i thought that forum existed for discussing music, good or bad.  yet there were times when i spoke out against what i thought were over-hyped or cheesy tracks, only to have Ferenc or his worshipers step in....he deleted threads about music or artists he didn't like, even if he was able to speak freely (and negatively) about them.  of course, at the end there were very few of the 'old heads' on there, and instead was overrun by bandwagon-jumping noobs who were more than happy to hang on his gospel every word, defending the worst music and seemingly either too afraid or brainwashed to form their own opinions.

the final straw for me personally was when he mobilized an attack on Interdimensional Transmissions...not once, but twice.  both times he made outrageous claims filled with flat-out lies and slanderous remarks (even though he knows IT has full documentation to corroborate their side of it), including thinly-veiled encouragements of violence and threats against BMG & Erika.  of course it was no surprise BMG had a mailbox full of death threats from CBS "robots" the next morning.  mind you, both times this did not end until they called Ferenc directly to ask him WTF was his deal, at which point he would back down and post on the CBS that "problem was resolved, no need to threaten anymore because "it worked". 

as an addendum, i also tried to bring him to Detroit on 2 different occasions, only to have him cancel each time because he would read V for Vendetta again and decide that the US was a totalitarian fascist regime and refused to interact with any American (according to his agent). 

don't be sad for the CBS going away, be sad for what it became...."

does the author knows his writings are posted here, because he's entitled to his own opinion and where and where not to post it i guess...

as an addendum, i also tried to bring him to Detroit on 2 different occasions, only to have him cancel each time because he would read V for Vendetta again and decide that the US was a totalitarian fascist regime and refused to interact with any American (according to his agent).

smile

TB or not TB

I don't know what RDJX's real reason is for not/playing certain things, but hey, if someone's in charge and there is some 'screening' involved then what can you do? This is Stinki's way of dealing with the situation, let it be and let's move on. Still plenty of work to do for those that want to help.

Dirtieblonde: 'Everyone' is very specific. I have always been cold and rational. wink

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

BMX wrote:

As i recall you had plays before too, maybe not a shitload but plays for sure.

So If I have any plays it negates my point I guess, sheesh! It wasn't supposed to be about me anyways, but about being open to criticisms of the CBS instead of pretending it was all sunshine and lollipops for everyone and the music we love. There was scenesterism in and on the CBS. It is hard to avoid and that's reality.

BMX wrote:

What complaints are they anyway? You seem to see some hidden meaning, I only see bitter ramblings from somebody who does not understand the reality of running something like CBS.

They were bitter ramblings. He happened to say some true stuff. There is no need to go into it. Moderators or those who actually worked on the CBS are unable to see the forest for the trees, that's the way it goes. I have a friend who was banned over some nonsense, and I was pretty recently told to fuck off and get a life for complaining one too many times about the new Party listing format....kinda understandable, but Dirtieblonde is right. There was a competitive, hostile edge to a lot of topics that rarely existed in the past.

BMX wrote:

edit: ps. i have no idea what this "attack on Interdimensional Transmissions" are about but it sounds incredibly blown out of proportions. I mean if i got some death-threats from "robots" id be laughing my ass off.

I know about it, and I'm way on F's side on that one.

Everybody here loved the CBS, and so did Prussell, for a long time anyways...

@ Communicator...not sure what you mean. I am merely trying to keep people from getting into some sort of "fuck the haters, CBS was a perfect musical utopia" mentality. How are we going to move forward if we dont improve on the past? How are we going to rebuild a community and listener base as healthy as the CBS' was if we have all this hostile, fuck everybody else attitude?

Then I think we agree. Those that can and want to help rebuild will do so and the ones that 'hate' will keep doing so. You can only do so much to try and change perspectives, if it doesn't sink in, carry on.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

"I think CBS was better than ever towards the end"

i think the opposite, too much mediocrity in the form of labels affiliated with the forum

I just have one observation about this all...

Extremists are just that, extreme... the truth is probably somewhere in the middle... meaning, between what prussell said and how things really were/are, there probably lies the truth.  What we all think about that is our own business... unless we post that on some forum. smile

That said, extreme characterizations in support (or against) really just kind of continue the polarization... taking BMX for example, saying things like I-F was "100% about this" or "Never about that..." is flat wrong.  I can give forum based and personal examples to support that, but I prefer not to and instead just say... consider your words carefully, that is if you are interested in discussing matters of importance (?) as intelligent human beings... or wait, you're robots... never mind... carry on! wink

xo
-tp