1 (edited by cimabot 2008-11-01 11:00:57)

Topic: Should I sell...

Hi all,

before listing on ebay I would let the robots know that I will have stuff up for sale from my studio...

I haven't made my mind up 100% in terms of prices, but I thought that some feedback/offers on that front could lead to finding the right sell price, which I would like to be fair but not a loss on my side smile

Upon request I will send/post pictures and details for each of the items.

On sale will be:

ROLAND JX-8P + PG-800 PROGRAMMER

Re: Should I sell...

Why would you want a Korg Delta? You can better go for a Lambda or even a Poly 800

I didn't like the prophet 600 at all.

4 (edited by cimabot 2008-10-29 17:48:25)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Why would you want a Korg Delta? You can better go for a Lambda or even a Poly 800

uhmmm... I like the layout of the synth very much, rather simple and immediate, and I also like the idea of doubling up the strings+synth sections. Some audio samples have convinced me I could do with a Delta...

edit: I have never considered a Lmbda, but will try and find some audio samples and document myself a bit more...

SSM v3 wrote:

I didn't like the prophet 600 at all.

again, the layout is simple and I loved the sound and versatility when I had a chance to try one briefly, I would love a Prophet 5 but fear that it would simply be too expensive...

All in all, I am trying to get my hands on gear that will boost my productivity and replace some synths I haven't been doing much with, you know how it is, no matter how much I spent on understanding the synthesis model and capabilities on some of them, still we don't get on so much...:(

c'mon boys the market's open smile

oh kay... how much for the Oberheim Stretch DX?

mekonin wrote:

oh kay... how much for the Oberheim Stretch DX?

email sent to you smile

cimabot wrote:

... but not a loss on my side smile

You'll lose for sure, there's No ecaping that.
You paid a certain amount of money when you bought the stuff, and you'll NEVER ever receive that same amount back.
The only way to avoid a certain loss is to keep the synths and compose as much music on it as you can.

remember: what You sell will be gone.

Ciao!

The world is Fluffy!

Yes!!!! I'm on new medication!

phaeax is fun lol   and he's right!

i want your PG-800

11 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-11-01 04:25:22)

cimabot wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

uhmmm... I like the layout of the synth very much, rather simple and immediate, and I also like the idea of doubling up the strings+synth

Those mp3 snipps sound nice indeed

I just saw two on ebay one for 500$ and one for 800$ Thats crazy...it always was a synth in the 100$ - 200$ league...but maybe times are changing and the kids pay crazy money for cheapo's nowadays...

the jx-3p with pg-200 is going for so cheap, you're much better off keeping it imo..

13 (edited by cimabot 2008-11-01 11:34:13)

PHAEAX wrote:

You'll lose for sure, there's No ecaping that.
You paid a certain amount of money when you bought the stuff, and you'll NEVER ever receive that same amount back.
The only way to avoid a certain loss is to keep the synths and compose as much music on it as you can.

remember: what You sell will be gone.

Ciao!

You see, I am not sure about that. I see synths going for much more than they have been paid for all the time. That's not to say it's fair, but it's just what it is. The stuff I have listed is stuff i didn't pay big money for, and I am confident I can sell it at least for as much as I paid for it, which is what I'd like to achieve.
Somebody pointed out to me that is really good to sell stuff you don't use for a fair price, get the gear to change hands and maybe make somebody's day smile You might call it good karma big_smile
Obviously I would love to keep everything, but money and space are running short and sometimes one's got to let go of something...

Squadra Smackos wrote:
cimabot wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

uhmmm... I like the layout of the synth very much, rather simple and immediate, and I also like the idea of doubling up the strings+synth

Those mp3 snipps sound nice indeed

I just saw two on ebay one for 500$ and one for 800$ Thats crazy...it always was a synth in the 100$ - 200$ league...but maybe times are changing and the kids pay crazy money for cheapo's nowadays...

I know, those mp3s sound nice!
Yep, seen the 2 on ebay and can't get anywhere near them, too expensive. I can patiently wait for something cheaper to come up...although it's not looking good, ppl are going crazy with the prices sad

edit: I have seen one for 535 pounds (865$) from Japan and another one for close to 500 pounds which doesn't seem to be there any longer... is the 500$ one in the states or... can't seem to find it. That traslated into pounds would prob. make it an option if shipping doesn't go too high...

edit: I take it we are talking about the same mp3 snippets here: http://homepage.mac.com/synth_seal/html/ds_delta.html

added some prices in the original post

cimabot wrote:

Can You convert that in Euro's?
I don't have that 'strange' currency lying around.
I like do buissiness in Euro's or $$$$.

Please?

cimabot wrote:

I see synths going for much more than they have been paid for all the time.

Yes, True, for Sure!
But their names are not Jx3P but 303, 808 or 909 wink

The world is Fluffy!

Yes!!!! I'm on new medication!

I really would not pay those crazy prices for the Delta though, for 250$ you can have a Poly six which is "superior" on many fronts (and chord memory etc. nice phaser etc.etc.etc.)

Wow thosae are crazy prices for the delta, I would not pay more than 300$ CAD for that.  The strings are good but a a bit grungy so maybe not as versatile, but the filter is very nice!
You know I see Solinas going for 800$ sometimes, might as well get that in this price range.

PHAEAX wrote:
cimabot wrote:

Can You convert that in Euro's?
I don't have that 'strange' currency lying around.
I like do buissiness in Euro's or $$$$.

Please?

cimabot wrote:

I see synths going for much more than they have been paid for all the time.

Yes, True, for Sure!
But their names are not Jx3P but 303, 808 or 909 wink

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Squadra Smackos wrote:

I really would not pay those crazy prices for the Delta though, for 250$ you can have a Poly six which is "superior" on many fronts (and chord memory etc. nice phaser etc.etc.etc.)

I already have a Polysix, probably my favourite synth out of all the ones I have. I am looking for a non-roland poly to add "that" missing layer.... for not too much money. But maybe I should just save up and get the right one even if expensive and forget about it...

I have a korg delta I am thinking about getting rid of. How do you feel about an international exchange?

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Where in the world could someone get a poly six for $250?

Honey Peters wrote:

I have a korg delta I am thinking about getting rid of. How do you feel about an international exchange?

certainly interested. what did you have in mind?

Honey Peters wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

Where in the world could someone get a poly six for $250?

In Europe?

i have broken Polysix - means battery leak destroyed the circuits.
it needs new circuits, and i gave up looking for it.
i want to sell it as spare parts. how much should i ask for it?

I bought my broken one for $175 US. You could probably get more for yours as I'm sure they are hard to find in your area.  The parts shouldn't be that hard to find. Try the yahoo user group for the polysix, they talk about buying parts all the time.