Topic: Goa

i fly there christmas day, staying in a place called pallolim?
got three weeks to enjoy
any tips dolce?

keep hackney crap

Re: Goa

check out the juice bar in Chapora, near the crossroad with the tree. Funny characters and the best juice in the world you will find there. Go to Arambol, nice place, check out the banyon tree and in the nearby jungle and the people who inhabit it. Vagator/Anjuna = party, Arambol/Mandrem is more quitet with live music. Gokarna is also pretty, just accros the state border not far from Palolem.

Enjoy the sunsets!

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

Goa is a tropical paradise that lies on the west coast of India bathed by the warm waters of the Arabian sea. It is unique in many ways but mostly due to its history and geography that have left an indelible mark on its people for generations.....

ruselrones wrote:

Goa is a tropical paradise that lies on the west coast of India bathed by the warm waters of the Arabian sea. It is unique in many ways but mostly due to its history and geography that have left an indelible mark on its people for generations.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvqoccCkSMA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REd0-btJIgI[/youtube]

6 (edited by dolcevita 2009-12-21 17:14:01)

what a pity, i planed to fly on 19th of dezember for 4 weeks - but had to cancel it due to some job problems.
maybe i can go in february - but then we miss each other.
Prinsen said it all (mostly):

"check out the juice bar in Chapora, near the crossroad with the tree. Funny characters and the best juice in the world you will find there."

definitely right. but sometimes its a bit dark there - i dont want to know how the whole russians there are earning their money... and better order the juice without sugar - otherwise you will get a sugar overdose ...

"Go to Arambol, nice place, check out the banyon tree and in the nearby jungle and the people who inhabit it."

its a nice place, but too much packed with esoteric hippies - talking about yoga, column cleaning and eye reading the whole day is getting on my nerves ...

"Vagator/Anjuna = party"

if you like trance, then check the HILL TOPP partys (especially on sylvester) and the day partys at CURLEYS and SHIVA VALLEY (every 2nd day). the NINE BAR was a nice place but now its a bit too much packed with indian tourists...
in anjuna the fleamarket is of course a classic.
good for breakfast and stuff:
GERMAN BAKERY / MANGO SHADE / ORANGE BOOM

the best beaches:

CANDOLIM
ASVEM (the best, near MORJIM)

try to visit OLD GOA for some culture ...

i hate soccer

oh i forgot:

if you are in PAOLEM: dont stay too long, its full of tourists - you will not catch the "real goa vibe" there (although its beautiful there).
go to AGONDA (next to paolem) for 2 days and then go direction ANJUNA / VAGATOR

i hate soccer

thanks for the tips guys. never ventured away from south goa except for two days interior, checking out water falls and elephants.

no i tell a lie, we did go to baga for a saturday night market. that place is pure horror show. people in football tops drinking in british pubs. i've never understood that, long way to travel to do the same shit on a friday night

hey dolce, i didn't read your last post but we ended up in agonda anyway. absolute bliss, far from the maddening crowd, smoking charis

next time i will stay longer and start further south, trivendrum. do the backwaters in kerala and as prinsen recommended, hang out in gokarna with the hippies who have fled from goa

keep hackney crap

just came back from india 2 weeks. stayed mostly in panvel at a friends farm house. pure decompression nature jungle mountains .

went to goa for few days stayed in ashwem most then we went up a bit outside goa past arambol and kerry crossed a ferry to a place they called paradise beach . no tourists no hippies only fishermen in the morning and only 1 hotel way down on the other side. scene was amazing, perfect beach in front forest behind, full coconut tree fueling our fire through the night . i never released so much as there.

i was told best time to go to goa is feb / march, rates and tourists/police tension are 4 times less . seems last years murder has put a major clamp on things this season as far as parties go. still the nature trip did it for me big time

youre right z1000: the places behind arambol is still pure magic - but how long? the plans to built a new airport in that region are going further and further - i hope that the building of that new airport (mainly for russians) will go on so slowly as the building of the MORJIM bridge (this bridge took YEARS - before that you had to choose a small boat to come to MORJIM).
about the murder story: you mean the girl who was raped and killed in SOUTH ANJUNA? this was in 2008 - and only in that season this case had some consequences to the situation in GOA.
last year it was the terrorist attack in BOMBAY which influenced the situation ...
i hope to visit GOA end of february ... only 3 weeks this time ...

i hate soccer

i dont know when. they only refered to it the scarlett murder or something like that. since it made a lot of noise in international media they didn't want it to affect tourism so they started cracking down on parties / drugs. and of course its the locals who paid the price. even now we went to one place that was russian owned and they treated my friend who was local like scum so we made noise and got kicked out .. onto a beautiful beach :0/

i heard about the airport and for sure its gonna commercialize things even more. it seems to be moving towards an indian ibiza blow your whistle . but theres always gonna be the other side. i heard about one place that also starts with a go cant remember but apparently thats where the whole movement started before shifting to goa? my friend wanted to take me there but not enough time

i heard a lot of talk about how it used to be and how the good old days and this and that but i was 300% satisfied. its a beautiful place. but there are so many places in india i heard about that are also .

have you been to nepal? i went to a festival last year somewhere in the hills of kathmandhu . i couldn't even speak when i saw the sun come up. this year i was gonna play there but the main organizer died a month before and festival got cancelled

one thing though i learned was don't drink the local water!! i was good about it the whole trip but on the bus ride back from goa we stopped somewhere for food and i washed it down with a cup of water. i figured if i lasted this long with the food i'm super man . 6 days later i'm still pissing out my ass :0

yep, how the russians are behaving in GOA (and perhaps in the rest of the world) is another story. fact is that most of the locals are hating the russians - even when the are bringing cash in that area. many locals are telling: "ok, the israelis were sometimes bad - but in comparsion to the russians they were angels ..." (only a few israelis left in GOA / anjuna)

i hate soccer

13 (edited by Mitel' 2010-12-02 02:24:18)

hey, dolcevita, stop your paranoia and give me your address i will send you an atom bomb ))
As i know, russians are wholy occupated Morjim beach. And as i know, not  locals straight hate them, but bureaucrats which are afraid of total russian Goa invasion and kicking up a  fuss.  Meanwhile, i am  like most of russians hate these anthropocentric guys.. ((  Another fact i know - Goa became food for worms long ago.. and if you are looking for the true freedom place, it's not there.

sorry to say but i just returned from goa. and i am no paranotic guy. but  stupid topless russian girls treating the locals like shit are getting on my nerves ... sorry but this is a fact. another fact is: of course not all but i would say 70 percent of the russians in goa are rednecks - same as the brits in baga IMO ... and they are the only ones still buying those ugly "trance wear" that really NOBODY else would buy anymore .. so they are perfect cash cows for the western sellers...
sad  bring back the old spirit

i hate soccer

nightmare  yikes

Hope there is some old spirit left because I'm planning to go there next month to check it out! smile

i was in Goa about 10 years ago- i remember meeting some random peeps there when i arrived and they referred me to some locals who rented me an 800 cc bike for $18 a week. never rode a bike before that but learned the hard way - almost killed myself about 50 times.
eventually, everyone goes north for a bit to escape the parties in Arambol. nice and quiet with great beaches.
very curious to see how the parties/music has changed since then.

That would be a great way to see some of the country. I rented a scooter in Malaysia as well (and do drive a motorbike at home) so hope I can do something like that, that would be awesome!

go to indonesia an travel from jakarta down to bali/lombok.
beautifull trip, affordable and no goa gil.

yeah, I'll exchange my ticket for anther one again (after Egypt tongue)

Already been to Malaysia so have seen that region, now we go to India smile

the techhouse scene has now entered goa.
in asvem/morjim you can hear german cocoon-DJs paying ...

i hate soccer

shit... well, wanna see the place anyway but thinking about renting a motorbike to explore the more quiet places...

For some images of Goa today, check the video I made of our trip:
http://www.tunnel-radio.nl/newspress/?p=549

nice video & photos, baz!
i know most of these places - unfortunately i missed goa this year ...
and your girlfriend was also driving a bullet?
not bad!
i love enfield.

i hate soccer

Tnx man, yeah familiar places no doubt (surroundings of Anjuna and Vagator mostly in Goa and of course the "main tourist attraction cities" along the coast but we had good fun!
That Bullet pic was just taken for our granddad who is an Harley driver (he loved it wink) but she didn't drive it. I got her to drive a scooter at least (what was a big victory already wink)