Topic: 1.5 TB hdd monged out?

So, why does a 1.5 TB hdd pretend to be a 465,78gb hdd with a 0k fat partition after a windows reinstall? .. I get the feeling this is something really noobish that ive run into before but i cant get it to work even in another computer. I bet it's something silly as fuck.

edit: (doygh, should be TB ofcourse)

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

2 (edited by acidcat 2010-01-27 05:29:04)

Re: 1.5 TB hdd monged out?

sounds really weird to be honest... is this a new/old hdd? does it show up as a generic HDD in windows or does it recognize the model of the HDD?

0k partition doesnt sound very promising..kind of makes me think the disk is failing and it has to 'record' what is not good. but i cant say this for certain.

have you tried to run defragment and see what going on? you could also try lower level utilities outside of windows like sysinternals or spinrite

was tired when i posted, should be TB ofcourse

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

What file system are you using? FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS? There are limits as to how big a FAT16 or FAT32 partition can be.

It could also be related to a recovery partition that is automatically created on some ver. of Windows. However, this shouldnt be more than like 60 GB.

0K FAT partition might really be unpartitioned space that is simply not being calculated correctly. I dunno.

you need to install linux

It should be NTFS.. It's like its only recognizing one platter or something

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Here's a discussion about your problem. At least your not alone:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/24727 … 31500341as

Planet of Cevo

i think it's broken, get the new one.