Re: These New Puritans

yeah its strange: we are saying that HOT CHIP is becoming worser and worser,

and the press is saying that they are becoming better and better !!!

i have read this in EVERY mag

i hate soccer

27 (edited by ytz 2010-02-05 13:47:01)

They are getting more and more 'up tempo'. Maybe that's the reason?

Or they got a new press agent. I don't know... Music press is really conservative. They are rarely- if ever - willing to stick their necks out for this or that band unless they know their readership gives a shit (or they're friends with the band).

edit: or it could just be an attempt to justify sleeping on their early stuff

cuties don't exert

dolcevita wrote:

so maybe you are a stalinist and has problems with every mainstream/band music? if not, tell me just ONE band/project at the moment which you like! would be cool to know whats your taste ...

Hm, I love Glass Candy's Beat Box album. But apart from that, there's not much new stuff I like. Three or four tracks by The Knife, but then, that's it, I'd say. Whenever I check out new stuff on Youtube I end up laughing/crying, e.g. Hot Chip, These New Puritans, Vampire Weekend etc.

Whatever, most of us are registered over here because they love that old stuff, no? We don't need that new stuff, death to the new! wink

i love old and new stuff

i hate soccer

while we're talking about the pop end of the music spectrum, does anyone here like fever ray?

i saw them live last summer and they were... rubbish. sadly. or rather, they were just average; no idea what the fuss is about. in fact, there's a whole new wave of synth pop thing going on in the british charts - la roux, little boots, etc. - this scene is even getting play at optimo. don't know much about any of the artists.

cuties don't exert

and what about the "old" new old school?
the last album by ZOOT WOMAN was really nice big_smile

i hate soccer