Topic: Analog flanger recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good analog flanger.  I've got a Boss RBF10 but it's a bit tame.  I'm thinking of the Electroharmonix flanger hoax but has anyone used it?

Re: Analog flanger recommendations

I have the Roland SBF-325 and quite like it...

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Very nice but I've not seen any come up for sale in a while and also out of my price range.

flanger hoax I would love to test that one, looks like a great versatile unit to me.

good standalone analogue flangers that arent mainly designed for guitars etc arent that much around

The SBF325 is a great one too. But as Koova said, not found that easy and mostly overpriced these days. 300-350 is a good price. But I think they go for a lot more these days. I saw last a SPH315 (the phaser version ) for a mere 1000 euro sad

Those old dynacords perhaps?

Newly made (rack)flangers arent much around I think..
Only as a DSP code on multifx or so....

Ny choice would be the EHX Flanger hoax, or even better a assembled Jurgen Haible Storm of the Tide flanger. That is a winner on all ronts, but you must DIY it or let it made built.
http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/so … mtide.html
http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/sost_prototype_1.jpg

I totally recommend the EHX Electric Mistress.

Jurgen Haible Storm of the Tide looks good but my soldering skills are very basic and if it didn't work I wouldn't have a clue how to find what parts I'd messed up/burnt out.

Does the Electric Mistress do uncontrolled feedbacky weirdness?

7 (edited by Fotoplastikon 2010-02-01 17:14:26)

Septicstudio wrote:

Those old dynacords perhaps?

Yeah. Dynacord TAM19/21 (TAM means Time Axis Manipulation).
I would recommend them. I'm using TAM21. It's the most weird flanger I've ever used. Gorgeous!
It has even envelope follower function.

EDIT
Here's german description with mp3 demo:
http://forum.keyboards.de/forum/Artikel … 6&ID=0

+1 w/ Maiovvi on the electric mistress. i tried out the flanger hoax and thought there were a bunch of knobs that really didn't add or subtract from it sounding like just a regular old flanger (w/ added price of course)

it gets any normal "weirdness" flanger sound you might want to get imo.

worship the potentiometer.

I actually think the RBF is really good. I'm using two of them as a stereo device, synced to each other and it's hard to imagine a deeper and werider flange sound... O other models: I've heard excellent stories on the MAM analog flanger, but it's rare, even on eBay.

AKA Jujumen...

I had a RBF but ditched it because it was too tame.. maybe it sounds better in stereo

I really like the RBF on hats but it doesn't seem to have enough feedback to go into extreme self oscillation.

12 (edited by Septicstudio 2010-02-08 09:53:21)

there is also the A/DA flanger (pedal) is also a very good one...vintage and rare...that should be the summun in analogue flanging pedals.

ehx deluxe electric mistress or ehx polychorus (aka echoflanger)

lärm macht spass!

Theres a Bel BF20 on e-bay for

Ibanez made some really cool flangers too!

TB or not TB