Re: Should I buy...

diego wrote:

hi there,
sorry for insist but, i'm just about buying a Jupiter 4, and im not really confident.
Seller says it's in good condition (let's see, i'd be able to try it before buying, so..)
Price is 1200.  is any issue i'd need to be warned about this synth..?
forever thanks
diego

dunno about issues on the JP4 but all I can say about buying big analog synths: check every slider, pot, key, powercord, etc etc for malfunctions, errors, crackles, damaged plastics/cables, etc.. And try to check if it was opened/fixed before (check the screws) and or they used any contactsprays or other bad repairs..

good luck!

TB or not TB

Hi!
Check the oscillator scaling on all the 4 voice, tuning as well but that's less of an issue since you can retune it with the pots on the back, but it's a nice bargaining argument.

Check all sliders, pots and keys of course.  Memory too, save a patch, power down and up and see if it's still there.

check the arpeggiator, i've heard of a few that couldn't run internally, check the external clocking too if you can.

There are no typical faults I know of, they are somewhat reliable and easy to fix, good luck.

1200 euros seems to be lower than the eBay prices these days, 1200$ is a pretty good price.
The prices for these will likely go up following the Jupiter-8, but some people might tell you that they paid way less for theirs, including me.
It's still a bit of an oddball and can be found for less with some luck.

thanks alot for ur kind advices guys

a dbx II 128 for 75 ???

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

1,305 (edited by karl 2010-02-20 14:12:08)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … :MESELX:IT ?

dynacord eminent 100a + 3x s60 speaker cabinet for 150 euro
anyone any experience with the 100a? i used to own 4xs60 with an eminent 2  is the 100a the kinda the same? only in mixer form

1,307 (edited by stamba 2010-03-02 10:47:26)

What do you think of that MAM MB33 mkII for 180€ (shipping included)

http://stamba.free.fr/mb33mkii.jpg

1,308 (edited by Septicstudio 2010-03-02 14:29:45)

stamba wrote:

didnt have one myself, but I believe it is an okay unit.

for 180euro incl shipping you can go that wrong imo.
But I might have seem em a bit cheaper, but perhaps that has the do with the MK1/MK2

I know terratec released it also under a different name, and in the States it was released under another brand/model

1,309 (edited by olivier8 2010-03-02 14:36:30)

So did you buy it Karl??
i'm very curious about this "thing"

tascam m35 for 150E?

1,311 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-03-02 18:07:55)

labrat wrote:

tascam m35 for 150E?

Dunno... If it would be like half that price I would say go for it. Maybe the price is a bit on the steep side, but they are actually nice, and supposedly well build and easy to service if you know what you're doing.
Imo whether you should get it depends on what you want do with it. The eq is limited (only high and low) and routing is sparse. It could be a fun addition if you already own a more musical console and use it for summing, mulitracking or for warming up some sounds, or perhaps it could be a decent alternative to for instance those really tiny Behringer''s, Tapco's or Samson's, like for connecting some record players and cd players.
But if it's supposed to be your main studio console, I think you'd be better off spending a bit more on something more versatile and musical.

1,312 (edited by labrat 2010-03-03 00:23:43)

thanks!
don't have a console yet. will be my first one. indeed want something warm & make beats sound deep.

1,313 (edited by rockmanrock 2010-03-03 00:36:29)

stamba wrote:

Slightly overpriced I think.  I had one for a while, I bought it as an upgrade for my Freebass (MB33 Mk1) but ended up keeping the Freebass. Pluses - it has full MIDI control, built-in distortion, PWM, subosc, nice knobs.  Minuses - slightly cold, harsh sound compared to the Mk1, the PWM is a bit limited.

way to expensive stamba.... i buyed my fb383 and sold it for i think 60 euro,s not to long ago i had an option on buying 2 mbs for <150 (didnt do it cause i didnt had to much money)
i  like the sound of those machines aspecialy in combination with a cheap (or expensive) bbd delay..

should i buy : Philips Pro 12 Audio taperecorder for 30 or look for an other tape recorder??

That's an oldie, late 1960's... The 7" consumer brother of the Pro 36. I must admit, it will be in a horrible state with no spare parts anywhere to be found but I'd personally be tempted to push my luck and spend 30 euro on it. So I dunno if this makes sense but I'd do it but I wouldn't recommend it...

Brian Chinetti wrote:

That's an oldie, late 1960's... The 7" consumer brother of the Pro 36. I must admit, it will be in a horrible state with no spare parts anywhere to be found but I'd personally be tempted to push my luck and spend 30 euro on it. So I dunno if this makes sense but I'd do it but I wouldn't recommend it...

lol it should be in mint state ( museum staat zegt hij zelf) dont have experience wih taperecprders.... but is worth 30??

I really don't know. I do think if this machine was really top notch with no wear and malfunctions at all, it could easily sell for more.  But what do you personally expect it to do for 30 euro?

museum staat says nothing more than that is in original state....
That means, not serviced ever, not running and defect most likely.

It is just for display, that is what museum staat means...in other words, nice to look at, not to play with

should i get an Akai S3000 XL sampler? anybody ever fuck with one? pros, cons?

@ brian

well id like some different way of recording, i like to mess around with diffrent stuff. I think im just curious what it will sound like recording on an old tape machine.

@ septic

that isnt what i am waiting for at all tongue

Should I buy the Roland SVC-350 for 400eur?

pslayvins wrote:

should i get an Akai S3000 XL sampler? anybody ever fuck with one? pros, cons?

i would say no, because for a modern handy sampler it is too limitating and for that kinda oldscool-sound, you might want to get maybe, it is too neutral. if you would ask for a s950, i would say yes but not for the 3000 series. if you dont look for the 12bit oldschool sound, i would prefer an emu (ultra series). but the 3000 has a decent punch anyaways.
the bad thing about the 3000 series is, even if you declare an individual output, you´ll always have that instrument in the stereo mix, if i remeber correctly.

mekonin wrote:

Do it!

Nice price if it's in working condition.

mekonin wrote:

if it is in good shape, it is a bargain man... dont hesitate or someone else will buy it smile

I'll do it. I was saving for the new mixer (which I really need), but fuck it.