1 (edited by score100 2010-03-13 16:26:18)

Topic: Virgo - Virgo LP

MAN this gotta be the most mind-blowing house LP I EVER FUCKIN' HEARD!!!
and I've been only halfway through so far...

Anybody agree with me?

http://clone.nl/item16862.html

2 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2010-03-13 12:43:47)

Re: Virgo - Virgo LP

Yeah those tracks are awesome...freaking deep timeless classics
.Too bad they didn't put the vocal versions of In a vision and Do you know who you are on there (with really shy retarded vocals).
also
The press release on clone sais Ride and school hall have been released on this album only for the first time or something but that ain't true cause I have them on a 12" on TRAX since many years.

Also interesting
"Virgo are Merwyn Sanders and Eric Lewis. They also recorded as Ace & The Sandman and M.E. and shouldn’t be confused with the other Virgo of Vince Lawrence and co."

I always thought it was Marshall Jefferson or something, is Eric Lewis the brother of Joe R.Lewis?

yeah man, all time classic...had the Lp on Radical(played a couple of tracks of it at the Lamborambo thing we did at New Year Moritz wink  ). Was wondering how the remastering sounds, over 2 x vinyl has gotta be better than the single LP.

Let's get Dumb

Timeless long player, I too have the Radical Records version and was pondering wether to buy the re-issue or not, was hoping the inclusion of the rare vocal tracks as pointed out by Smackos but alas they weren' t on there. Hopefully Rushhour secured the rights for those forgotten gems...

dope release for sure.. it seems re-releasing chicago stuff is hot at the moment if you compare clone with rush hour
a good thing though

Vlam Aan

one of the thing's why it's worth buying this release @smackos,
is because on the backside there is a long article about the two guys who are NOT adonis & marshall jefferson, since it was actually an idea of the trax-boss Larry Shearman to call them Virgo on the release because they sounded similar and it would sell better that way.  tongue

timeless deepness

Vic20 wrote:

Hopefully Rushhour secured the rights for those forgotten gems...

Can't confirm you on that man, but on the backside it say's that the reason they didn't bring out anymore records after 92 was because Trax didn't, and that Larry still had like 20 copies of tracks of them that he didn't do anything with.
And that they never quit making music and still doing so today....

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT COULD MEAN.  yikes   yikes   yikes   yikes

interview here http://blog.bleep.com/

10 (edited by Forax 2010-03-13 18:49:55)

dont forget this one: http://www.gridface.com/features/merwyn_sanders.html

11 (edited by zip 2010-03-13 19:18:09)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Yeah those tracks are awesome...freaking deep timeless classics
.Too bad they didn't put the vocal versions of In a vision and Do you know who you are on there (with really shy retarded vocals).
also
The press release on clone sais Ride and school hall have been released on this album only for the first time or something but that ain't true cause I have them on a 12" on TRAX since many years.

Also interesting
"Virgo are Merwyn Sanders and Eric Lewis. They also recorded as Ace & The Sandman and M.E. and shouldn’t be confused with the other Virgo of Vince Lawrence and co."

I always thought it was Marshall Jefferson or something, is Eric Lewis the brother of Joe R.Lewis?

hey smackos, which trax release is with the retarded vocals? really want to hear that, anybody got an mp3 or something (or isn't it allowed to ask for that here, kick me in the nuts if I'm doing smth wrong....)

Ow I don't know if its on TRAX i got it on Radical records
http://www.discogs.com/Virgo-Do-You-Kno … ase/152265

thanks smackos, that JM is some weirdo interviewer btw

"JM: Who is your fan/customer base & do wish to expand that base and to what targeted audience? (Analyze this question thoroughly.)"

big_smile

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Also interesting

yeah same here, but wasn't it released under m.e. ...i mean ride and school hall..will check later when back home

15 (edited by Freek 2010-03-15 13:10:07)

TB or not TB

16 (edited by Freek 2010-03-15 13:09:52)

TB or not TB

17 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-03-15 13:20:51)

I really love this stuff. It's deep, simple, honest and beautiful. I.m.o. every single song is a timeless classic.

@Smackos: it is easier to think of this Virgo as Virgo Four. The Vince Lawrence Virgo is with Jefferson. Or maybe you're thinking about Jungle Wonz, which also has that kinda sound.  I always mix up these three...

hehe just ordered a 2nd hand copy of the original "do you know you are" 12". They might be repressed but it's just damn cool to have such a historic record from 89' in your house.  big_smile

19 (edited by xebeche 2010-03-16 19:01:17)

DumbBot wrote:

Was wondering how the remastering sounds, over 2 x vinyl has gotta be better than the single LP.

Is it for sure a re-master? anyone know

20 (edited by DumbBot 2010-03-17 11:35:25)

Well, according to Rush Hour...yea. I'd still like to know how it sounds in comparison to the orig. Lp, ...

http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=53009

Let's get Dumb

If it sais so why wouldn't it be? Is there some remastering scam going on?

Didn't you know? I heard all the old Legowelt on bunker represses now sounds crap.

that's because they're repressed from illegal flacs from bias

the Radical Records CD sounds good enough , im not sure how virgo virgo (rhtx1lp) web 2010 kouala
sounds but google and find out..

great record !!

.."this world`s a bubble"..