26 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2010-03-13 01:42:15)

Re: Why does new music suck almost as hard as bias?I

Bankie Phones wrote:
Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

@ Bankie Phones 20JFG were crap dj's when I saw them a couple of years ago tho.

I'm a crap DJ too so thats probably why I like them.  wink

But they have really exposed me to some newer music that I wouldn't have heard through any other means.

Oh no, I like some of the stuff they put up on their blog, their writing style is (was?) when talking about the tracks is nice. And I am no dj snob, you can mix ass backwards for all i care,  but their selection was not for me. Edit not representative of what they were putting on blog. Mind you maybe they are better now.

As for noise and related scenes/genres, the squat next to where I lived in paris had a sort of festival that had a really nice gamut of performers and sounds, stuff with casio keyboards through a complex amp setup, contact mikes on the ground, swallowing microphones, doesn't make for easy listening but it can be engaging.

Maiovvi wrote:
biotek wrote:

http://www.punainen.org/~biotek/hitlerfistfuck.mp3
Here's my latest piece.. true to the scene.

apply a bass boost.

Texture my friend. Texture.

maiovvis right- there really is much more to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbNj-Sg4GE

A good song is a good song.

It's just that I don't really like the polished sound of a lot of modern music, which holds me back listening to it more then once and thus not  appreciating a song for what it is.

cebteq wrote:
Maiovvi wrote:
biotek wrote:

http://www.punainen.org/~biotek/hitlerfistfuck.mp3
Here's my latest piece.. true to the scene.

apply a bass boost.

Texture my friend. Texture.

maiovvis right- there really is much more to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbNj-Sg4GE

I already apologised to Biotek for "doing a bias".

People are probably expecting a "yeah, well you just don't get it" style reply. I can't really do that. But perhaps someone else can be a dick about, hell, I don't know, how I really like Rush or something equally meaningless?

Kenzaburo wrote:

I like lots of new music, Clone puts out quality stuff and some of the current (deep) house stuff is great. For sure there's still creativity ..

deep house is a word that instantly makes me puke my whole life out. Everybody who does the so called "deep" house should be buried  deep in the ground alive. And clubs should be burned down.

Basically everything that needs a definition nowadays is market shit.

http://i39.tinypic.com/10zu5cp.jpg

Back in the days even commercial music was good sometimes.

The good stuff is there, but it's not on the surface and i'm sometimes just tired to dig through loads of crap to find one pearl.
E.g. i read about something that sounds promising, when i then check it out on Youtube it usually is crap.

Also i don't like the overproduced sound of most of todays music.
I can live without that lifeless, compressed to death and all character squeezed out sound, it gives me nothing.

who is the dude with the pineapple dreads above?

keep hackney crap

34 (edited by Kenzaburo 2010-03-13 14:24:28)

most complicated robot wrote:

deep house is a word that instantly makes me puke my whole life out. Everybody who does the so called "deep" house should be buried  deep in the ground alive. And clubs should be burned down.

Whatever, ok, let me rephrase: I like some of the current music. I like some clubs too, I don't think they should be burnt down. And what did those deep house producers do to you that you want to kill all of them? There's so much narrowmindeness in this forum sometimes I can't believe it. Maybe if you would open yourself to more than just stupid italo and tracks that sound like they are produced with cardbox speakers and a 70s tape deck you could enjoy more things ... Just saying  tongue

byron wrote:

who is the dude with the pineapple dreads above?

rugby player, right? at least looks like one..

New music rocks 

soon @ Clone

MenschMaschine wrote:

New music rocks 

soon @ Clone

have to agree (jay makes some fine new music, too smile )

and there's always good old music being unearthed

just cos mp3s are around doesn't mean you have to stop shopping - ebay and discogs have hurt that market more than mp3, because second hand shops are closing cos its wayyy cheaper to keep the stuff in storage and have a web page/pay pal.

new/old/new/old - it's always new the first time you hear it, then it's old.

there'll always be awful music, too. just ignore it. you'll never be lonely with internets.

cuties don't exert

I'm young

Kenzaburo wrote:
most complicated robot wrote:

Whatever, ok, let me rephrase: I like some of the current music. I like some clubs too, I don't think they should be burnt down. And what did those deep house producers do to you that you want to kill all of them? There's so much narrowmindeness in this forum sometimes I can't believe it. Maybe if you would open yourself to more than just stupid italo and tracks that sound like they are produced with cardbox speakers and a 70s tape deck you could enjoy more things ... Just saying  tongue

not narrowmindness, just pure hate, especially deep and soulful (what a mega crap !!!!). I'm not open and I'm not intended to be. And I'm not the forum.

Fair enough wink

i think with me the case is i am old, i dont care for new music too much, at least not enough to buy it or be at the recordstore three times a week to check everything like i used too.
also i used to buy almost only hip hop and hip hop all together to me is in some sort of disaster state, everything sucks and what is cool (if any) i guess i dont get to hear

all i buy now is soundtracks once in a while and i got some miami bass from discogs since that is nowhere to be found in a recordstore here anymore.

but that is also all old stuff.

bleh, i also only watch b&w movies lately, i must be in a nostalgic period

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Music is so much more accessible these days, but the amount of good music is pretty much the same as it's always been. Hence, the ratio of good music to music in general is much lower.

jayoverdose wrote:

i am old, i dont care for new music too much, all i buy is soundtracks and miami bass

This thread can't get any worse than this. You're a goner jay, deal with it..

It just is..

That pic above is me.

Strictly Rockaas

Clockwork wrote:
jayoverdose wrote:

i am old, i dont care for new music too much, all i buy is soundtracks and miami bass

You're a goner jay, deal with it..

In the world of music there is a place for everybody

http://www.goner-records.com/newsite/images/Goner-sky-sign-info.gif

haha but i still enjoy the old crap immensely

jay you want a hug?

Vlam Aan

no, a machine gun and a licence to kill

49 (edited by Nukubot 2010-03-19 00:09:40)

"new music" as in: "produced in the last couple of months" is a totally outdated principle, the only "new music" I am interested in is the new stuff I discover for myself

it doesn't matter if that music is produced 5 days, 3 months, 6 years or half a century ago

I still feel like a kid in a candyshop when I discover something new, which happens a lot actually

example?

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=175000

there's so much good music out there, it's crazy

+1 for Boomkat - I subscribe to their "14 tracks download" email and although I don't like all of it there's always a few gems to get you looking at a new (to you) artist and discovering new things through serendipity.

New music doesn't suck it's just that the older you get the bigger your musical encyclopedia becomes.  If you don't know somebodys influences then their music will sound new.  When I first saw Stereolab live in 94 I was blown away but when I bought some Neu! albums I realised a lot of it was copied.  I still listen to stereolab but they led me to buy Neu!, CAN, and Harmonia etc. which then led me to buy Eno and then early Roxy Music.