Re: Why does new music suck almost as hard as bias?I

music was way better in the old days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZwOvCkqqk

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QjOz1djkL._SS500_.jpg

even nostalgia isnt what it used to be, damn

never cared much for luv but flip fluitketel rocks my world though, it could have been on the thriller album.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

there's plenty of cool new stuff coming out these days. you just have to search for it, like in the old days. things were NOT better in the 70's, 80's and 90's in that matter, 99% of music made was always crap.

blue maquina: the 80's in the US was shit like huey lewis & the news. big haired ladies singing power ballads. crappy glam metal from LA by idiots in spandex trousers. billy joel. hall & oates. there was as much trash then as there was now.. believe me. same for the 70's.

and jay, quit wining. i'm older than you, if i can find good new stuff, you can.. big_smile

@asteroid
which record collection? I don't have any tongue
and, I would gladly go back in time (if I had a time machine), being 20 years old in 1970...

81 (edited by jayoverdose 2010-03-23 02:28:36)

@rude - yeah............................................................................................................... your old hehehehe

rude66 wrote:

the 80's in the US was shit like huey lewis & the news. big haired ladies singing power ballads. crappy glam metal from LA by idiots in spandex trousers. billy joel. hall & oates. there was as much trash then as there was now.. believe me. same for the 70's.

Rude.... i cant go for that. No can do.

Hall & Oates and Billy Joel were (are) way better than most autotune crap on the radio now, not?

84 (edited by MACurious 2010-03-23 18:01:00)

rude66 wrote:

the 80's in the US was shit like huey lewis & the news. big haired ladies singing power ballads. crappy glam metal from LA by idiots in spandex trousers. billy joel. hall & oates. there was as much trash then as there was now..

I say even big haired ladies singing power ballads and idiots in spandex are way cooler than the autotune crap and stupid "superstar" girls shit we have to deal with today. At least the lame stuff in the 80's still was funny!
Like it was said before, in the 80's even commercial music was sometimes good. Something that is very rare nowadays.

Some good music i recently came across is Little Dragon (Album: Machine Dreams).

MACurious wrote:

I say even big haired ladies singing power ballads and idiots in spandex are way cooler than the autotune crap and stupid "superstar" girls shit we have to deal with today.

don't forget to mention the guys with the big chest hair, I miss them as well  big_smile

Pop/commercial music has always been crap, the motives of the music business have always been poor, there's nothing new here.

Pop music is no fifferent than any niche underground scene like cbs.  Someone tells you what to listen to and you obey.   Record companies are just much better at it

Kenzaburo wrote:

Pop/commercial music has always been crap, the motives of the music business have always been poor, there's nothing new here.

What about e.g. Michael Jackson? Was the Thriller album crap? Or Human League, Depeche Mode, the whole synthpop thing and countless other commercial successful and imo great music? Heck, even the early Madonna stuff was cool!

89 (edited by black shape 2010-03-24 09:47:15)

put it like this, its relative.

maybe mj is good, but to many motown was dead when it was jackson 5 etc.

generally if you are bored, it because you are boring. same with new music.
maybe it's YOU who has run out of ideas so just listen to the same old records over and over to reassure yourself

90 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-03-24 10:18:10)

I think people will always and only appreciate the music they listened to in their early teens most. At that age music is most meaningful, it addresses to everything adolescent. After that all new music becomes pointless. That's also partially why there's always retro trends, some 15 years after their adolesence people tend to get more sentimental about their teens and they are an interesting target group because they have jobs and money and they are close to settling down so they like to be young one more time before they turn into their parents. Parents who, btw, also only truly love the music from their teens.

i personally hate most of the music that i listened to when i was a teenager (during the mid 90s):
radiohead, nirvana, smashing pumpkins... *pukes*

big_smile

didn't get into electronic music till i was about 18/19 or so, but since have never looked back!

Brian Chinetti wrote:

I think people will always and only appreciate the music they listened to in their early teens most. At that age music is most meaningful, it addresses to everything adolescent. After that all new music becomes pointless. That's also partially why there's always retro trends, some 15 years after their adolesence people tend to get more sentimental about their teens and they are an interesting target group because they have jobs and money and they are close to settling down so they like to be young one more time before they turn into their parents. Parents who, btw, also only truly love the music from their teens.

I'm looking forward to ten years from now when the current youth will be spending loads of money on autotuned-model-singers collectors items.

Mr. Maximal wrote:

I'm looking forward to ten years from now when the current youth will be spending loads of money on autotuned-model-singers collectors items.

no your not

The future does look bleak.

imo people supporting this whole italo revival are the last ones to judge about new stuff sucking.. give me a fat break!

TB or not TB

ps:  tongue

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

imo people supporting this whole italo revival are the last ones to judge about new stuff sucking.. give me a fat break!

lol

E-Activity 004 out now: https://clone.nl/item29652.html

E-Activism

98 (edited by Kenzaburo 2010-03-24 18:53:34)

You're right though, italo is very much pop music and more often than not was made only with dollars (or Italian liras) in mind! Most of the stuff is so cheesy, and has a fabricated "personality" singing, very much like nowadays, just the sounds are made with synthesizers so it sounds kinda cool to you but the musical content is the same as with any pop music .. Nothing bad in liking it though, just saying that it's not really different!

Jap the Lad wrote:

If I can I prefer to let the dust settle on current/new releases.  Every week I am bombarded with emails from rubadub/boomkat/interstellarsounds etc. telling me how every release is amazing and worth buying.  I've made many foolish purchases and will probably never listen again to some records that sounded good on first listen but over time I've realised I just don't like.

You are dead right to let the dust settle on them too.

What I'm finding at the moment is because of these websites & mail outs all bigging up the same shit everybody has the same records. Good or not. Lazy cunts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VB_uz6G … re=related Can we kill him? big_smile