Re: Should I buy...

Septicstudio wrote:
mekonin wrote:

Should I buy the Roland SVC-350 for 400eur?

if it is in good shape, it is a bargain man... dont hesitate or someone else will buy it smile

GO GO GO!!! Its the king... Fuck a good mixer if you have vocodervocals done with the SVC-350 it will be an instant hit!

lol

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

selling my evolver
im kinda done with ableton @ leat id like to sequence with hardware again so; akai mpc2000 for 350? good price or is it to high?

remco

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

just 2000 or 2000xl? 350 (euros?) seems reasonable, but i would maybe hold out for a 2000xl with the memory upgrade and output expansion.  it might be a little more, but you never know, maybe not- people are dropping their mpc's for pretty cheap lately.

its just 2000 and yes euros i mainly wanna use it as sequencer but hey maybe gonna sampel with it to wink

a regular 2000 for 350 euroids - meh.  maybe if its loaded.  not an unreasonable price, but you could totally find one cheaper.  i would still recommend an xl over a regular 2000 though.  i've had both, bought the 2000 new, switched to the xl when it came out, much nicer.

saw some cheaper but they had things like damaged jogwheel or screen
what are the advantages of the xl on the 2000?

ok you where right dequal gonna get the xl on monday

cool!  yeah, i can't remember all the differences between the 2000 and xl anymore, it's been awhile.  nothing drastic i don't think, just little things that add up to making life much easier.

Great i cant wait.
really kinda excited bout getting a decent hardware sequencer again. i like the possibilties of sequencing with ableton but stil it is so boring.....

Should I buy a Creamware Prodyssey?

00101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00000000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00101110

depends on the price i think....if you'd buy it new i would save some money and buy an arp or teisco 110f
Or dont you care about vintage and are in for the midi?

midi is nice but not essential. I haven't heard much about the teisco before. How much do they go for on Ebay?

00101000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00000000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00101110

hmm im not sure they used to be quiet affordable. but since prices are rising like mad. i really not dare to say

I have a chance to get an SH-1, I've never heard one in person, how does it compare to the 101 or SH-2? or even my beloved JP-4?
I love the looks of the SH-1, how's the sound?

I have sh-1 and it's really basic but great... I love how it sounds, the sub osc is a beast. but if you already have an sh-2 i'm not sure that sh-1 is what you need.

lärm macht spass!

Very vintage. Not neutral like a 101, more like a SH-09 but way crazier. HP filter is nuts. If the price is right it would have a space in your rig.

I have a chance to buy a ARP ODYSSEY MK I for 1.650 euro. I dont have the money but these things are so rare around here!!! Is it an ok price? An should I take out a second mortgage ;-) ?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Erroraudio wrote:

I have a chance to buy a ARP ODYSSEY MK I for 1.650 euro. I dont have the money but these things are so rare around here!!! Is it an ok price? An should I take out a second mortgage ;-) ?

if it looks like this one...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FMBJEkaC8Lw/R7J5qYEgPBI/AAAAAAAAO_A/1xnqCMiWswU/s400/f1d5_1.JPG

yeah smile

the price is ok, be sure to ask of it has been serviced recently and all works how it should as it stated on the factoryspecs
Depends also on CV/gate mods it has etc...

Dont know which one of the 3 are the most reliable (mk1/mk2/mk3)

Roland R-8 scratched front panel - $50 - seems like a good price but i really don't know much about the machine at all and it doesn't seem the dude has any of the cards. are these easy to find? how much do they go for? saw a couple on eBay kind of expensive.. $50+ might be a steal of a deal but i don't know. helppp me out. thanks !  big_smile

cloud9 wrote:

Roland R-8 scratched front panel - $50 - seems like a good price but i really don't know much about the machine at all and it doesn't seem the dude has any of the cards. are these easy to find? how much do they go for? saw a couple on eBay kind of expensive.. $50+ might be a steal of a deal but i don't know. helppp me out. thanks !  big_smile

50 is pretty cheap, the R8 is a pretty powerfull digidrum compared to al lot of similar machines.. I guess for 50 its worth a try

TB or not TB

I like my R8M, although i only have one poor card. The cards can get very expensive, especially the most sought after Electronic (808) and Dance (909). But the R8 is cool even w/o the cards and for that price i would take it.

Cool. Thanks for the input guys. Looks like i'll hopefully be picking this  up later tonight.  smile

the guy who sold me his mks-7 mailed me. he wants to buy it back from me for the same price i bought it.
the mks 7 has the famous voice problems so i think ill do it (since its workles in my rack now)
think im gonna buy back a nord rack 2x or nord rack modular.... not really sure wich of the to i prefer. dont like the idea of depent on my laptop to create new patches so thats a big con on the modular.

anybody has more pros/cons on these two?

^
I owned the micro modular and was committed to making patches at first but in the end it wasnt very fun. I like to jam while im editing patches so i couldn't get it into my workflow. much more powerful than the nord lead and extremely flexible (can be a filter box, chord synth-sequecner, acid box, best live vocoder etc)

Then i came across a great deal on a nord lead 1 rack and i love it. making sounds is soo easy and its always in tune. the sound is okay and i kind of like it. reminds me of a cross between old sequential and 80s roland  but with some modern "twists" and, of course, some of the "warmth" sucked out.

nord lead 2 is supposed to sound a cleaner because of better DACs, but you get 16 voices, 4 part multitimbral, and 4 inv outs. also they fixed some dumb things fro mthe first one like it has a "hold" button for the arp, drum programs and some other distortion effect. I used one during several psychedelic rock jams when i was in college.

hope that helps.

"yeah yeah thats right"

hummmzz
im still not shure
maybe im going for the modular then i dont have to look further for a vocoder and there are lots of option and when i dont have inspiration on making tracks i can make patches. and its 100km closer to my home then the nord lead