26 (edited by zora 2010-03-29 13:13:48)

Re: IFM on the brink of starvation

i think the problem is that most people think its free anyway, so why pay for it!? and i can perfectly understand this reason for not paying. i agree itd be good to give members some more incentives. but then.. what if its not there anymore? wouldnt you miss it? isnt that reason enough?
i dont even listen as much to ifm as i used to do when it was still cbs. but i feel that we are living in a world where the chances to get to listen to music we like are pretty limited and ifm is the best deliverer. to loose it would be disastrous. and to me thats worth sth.  so i donate some. not much more than a gesture of goodwill, im afraid, but on a regular basis. to give a little bit back of what i receive and also because i hope it helps to keep it going. and it does not hurt me, far from it.
so i would always recommend a small donation, cause even if its free you got to consider whats its worth for you and if you would whine if its gone.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

IFM should do what wikipedia did: put a meter on their page that showed how they needed and how much they got. then pple would really see what the need is and be more likely to donate.

and then a personal appeal from DJX, a real tear-jerker  tongue

heifetz wrote:

pay up or you start receiving his fingers in mail one by one starting tomorrow  yikes ...

29 (edited by zora 2010-03-29 13:27:40)

Godspill wrote:

Nah! Was planned some time ago. Nice location and I guess the line up has to be ready first before it will be posted.

wouldnt be amiss to at least announce that there will be sth in more than just one (rather unobtrusive) channel to make sure people can keep the dates free.

from ifm: http://intergalacticfm.com/component/co … 510-teaser
The IFM Micro Festival The Hague 28.05.10
Keep the last weekend of May free and get your ticket to The Hague for the Intergalactic FM Micro Festival Weekend.
28-30 May 2010.
More info will follow.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

black shape wrote:

the focus on the west coast sound turned me off. not that i think they should stop that, but it seemed to me that cbs was shut down so it could expand better, and then it was just the same old friends and family doing the same shows .

i'd not say it's as black and white. yes, there are mostly old shows, but on IFM1 you have WAD who joined and then my disco panonia show as of january this year. it was just a matter of asking and there was no problem in getting a slot. btw WAD and DP are not strictly WCS

heifetz wrote:

IFM should do what wikipedia did: put a meter on their page that showed how they needed and how much they got. then pple would really see what the need is and be more likely to donate.

yeah, a meter would help - it's pretty common on a lot of forums. if they feel uncomfortable revealing exact sums they could just have a percentage bar

cuties don't exert

YAS wrote:
black shape wrote:

the focus on the west coast sound turned me off. not that i think they should stop that, but it seemed to me that cbs was shut down so it could expand better, and then it was just the same old friends and family doing the same shows .

i'd not say it's as black and white. yes, there are mostly old shows, but on IFM1 you have WAD who joined and then my disco panonia show as of january this year. it was just a matter of asking and there was no problem in getting a slot. btw WAD and DP are not strictly WCS

i want to hear black shape drop science on his own show   big_smile true facts

cuties don't exert

Old subscription canceled and new subscription amount doubled.
Lets keep this bitch floating

heifetz wrote:

IFM should do what wikipedia did: put a meter on their page that showed how they needed and how much they got.

They are working on it as we speak

my last 50 euro donation was somehow taken from my PayPal account without me knowing, I got no response when I asked what happend so no donating from me anymore..

TB or not TB

im interested to know just how much money we are talking about here, although I understand if thats confidential. can someone tell me was CBS or IFM ever commercially sponsored?

also, to get more donors it helps if you break it down to achievable targets:

ie We need 100 euros from 1000 robots to reach our target of 100,000 euros

so for one packet of cigarettes and a pint per month you help keep IFM alive  smile

karamanga wrote:

also, to get more donors it helps if you break it down to achievable targets

The lowest amount is 5 euro a month....how much lower can it get?

Freek wrote:

my last 50 euro donation was somehow taken from my PayPal account without me knowing, I got no response when I asked what happend so no donating from me anymore..

Paypal doesnt start paying out of itself imo....never seen that happen and I use it allot..
Also, if your unhappy about a donation you made IFM allows you to cancel the donation till 6 weeks after the payment was made so you could easely get it back.

MenschMaschine wrote:
Freek wrote:

Paypal doesnt start paying out of itself imo....never seen that happen and I use it allot..
Also, if your unhappy about a donation you made IFM allows you to cancel the donation till 6 weeks after the payment was made so you could easely get it back.

well at first I didnt mind that much, I assumed it maybe was an error (and I dont recall I agreed with any form of 'auto-contribution' after my first PayPal donation).. thats why I send an email asking what happend. Nobody took effort to respond (untill now 'in public') so I'm done with that..

TB or not TB

ps, maybe an idea: keep streams free and get not only users but also listeners to pay/contribute for downloading on robotdj.net

TB or not TB

To bad it turned out this way.

Just be happy without donating then, its not compulsory

MenschMaschine wrote:

To bad it turned out this way.

Just be happy without donating then, its not compulsory

Ill keep on donating muzak for SEER and most of my cash goes to records so I still contribute a bit at the end smile

TB or not TB

MenschMaschine wrote:
karamanga wrote:

also, to get more donors it helps if you break it down to achievable targets

The lowest amount is 5 euro a month....how much lower can it get?

hey dude. i don't mean achievable as in a lower amount for people (i think 5 euros is as low as it should go!), i mean achievable as in everyone can see that even a small individual contribution can collectively add up and make a difference  wink

cebteq wrote:

ifm should start a massive campaign to recruit some fresh blood, maybe send some scouts on the internet to encourage new music.  more support for new acts

*young bot salutes in solitude*
I know that hardly anyone of my friends of same age is into ifm,
and I'm doing my best to tell them about it. Actually from the people I've shown it too most of em liked it and some became even regular listeners. Thing is most of them know I-F as a dj and some viewlexx classics, but hardly anything about ifm.

Then again it's way too tiresome make people understand that not only bloody beetrots and kitsune vicemag-shite is "electro", and that techno is not only primitive 4/4 music made by paul kalkbrenner and spun by ricardo villalobos.  lol

The Top 100's that CBS had must have been an excellent way to attract new listeners.
How many robots did first hear about CBS after stumbling over the top 100 on the web?

More listeners = more cash (if some of them starts to donate + more listeners/visitors could mean more cash from ads)

Top 100 might not seem like a very fresh idea anymore (how many times can you do the same thing?)
But IFM should try to think of other similar ways to boost their brand.

IFM is the coolest radio station in the galaxy, question is how to make all the galaxy know that...and pay for the service...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

45 (edited by score100 2010-03-29 16:30:05)

while we're already at the suggestion's: I really miss the clone top 10. The cool thing about radio is that it's live and up-to-date when it comes to shows, and therefore something news-like as the clone top 10 just had that cool 'radio'-feeling that you couldn't get from downloading shows.

related note:

more live stream shows would be nice

cuties don't exert

And the lame city council of the hague should finally support intergalactic fm!!! mad

There is still plenty of room in the programming for live shows so bring it on...also prerecorded shows are very welcome ofcourse

ytz wrote:

related note:

more live stream shows would be nice

ditto! the best shows were those ones where IFX got people in to chat for a couple hours and to play some of their own stuff and also to play the music that had influenced them over the years. the ones with rude66, dj overdose and fred ventura were a fascinating listen. so i'd love to hear more of those and there must be loads of people still left to interview!

i'll also take out a subscription next month. i didn't have much time to listen over the past 5 or 6 months due to having 2 jobs, but that should hopefully be over as of this weekend...

i absolutely hate the thought of the site not being there...

I will donate as soon as I get money. Soon, hopefully.
I had to cancel my subscription because I have no job right now.

IFM is very important to me. Nothing to complain about, imo.
Thanks for the hard work to keep it alive.