Topic: Tascam M-2516/2524

anybody got some expirience with one of these? any good?

i could get one of those for free (in good shape) so i might just pick it up anyways, but just curious if there are some opinions floating around..

Re: Tascam M-2516/2524

good mixer for the price.. warm sound maybe a little muddy or woolly.  nice eq for electronic music.. the swept mids can almost be like bandpass filters.  lots of features but I had some problem with mine picking up radio interference even with quality cables and RF chokes, so I ultimately ditched it.. might just be my location though as I can see several broadcast towers from my window.

3 (edited by Echolot 2010-04-08 01:39:00)

Re: Tascam M-2516/2524

thanks for the input..

i also read that the mic pre's are not the best (but i don't need them that often anyway, its basically just about synths etc.), and that it tends to distort easily because it doesn't have much headroom..

at the moment i have a studiomaster mixdown 16-4-8. wich i really like somehow, but it also got a lot of problems, high noise floor, scratchy pots/faders.. caps are also most likely still original from the 80's.. (->fucked up i guess)..

the other one's running smoothly.. i guess ill just have to try it out and see if i like the sound. will pick it up tomorrow

edit: and about the radio towers, i don't see any around.. so.. should be save.. i hope smile
but of course not cool if it tends to pick up unwanted stuff.