Re: IFM Demo contest 2010

cebteq wrote:

released by the artist?  i guess that counts... everyone is doing it

only way to be kult is not to release at all tongue

good luck everyone!

GREETZ!

Deep in the Pacific Cascade mountain range an ancient race awakens.  They once fed on the meat of sapiens and neanderthals; the only competition was the native Grizzly bear.  Due to environmental chromosomal abnormalities the bears all became gay.
Deprived, the so called 'big foot' people came out of hiding and are now seeking fame on the IFM demo contest.

Melkur wrote:

Deep in the Pacific Cascade mountain range an ancient race awakens.  They once fed on the meat of sapiens and neanderthals; the only competition was the native Grizzly bear.  Due to environmental chromosomal abnormalities the bears all became gay.
Deprived, the so called 'big foot' people came out of hiding and are now seeking fame on the IFM demo contest.

what kind of drugs are you on?

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:
Melkur wrote:

sasquatchian gay bear acid.

im gonna enter. dont use my ms20 enough, this will be a good excuse.

I did a beatz thing.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

cebteq wrote:

I'm going to submit 5 minutes of stand-up comedy

quality

cuties don't exert

Melkur wrote:
kuczera wrote:
Melkur wrote:

sasquatchian gay bear acid.

me want

cuties don't exert

What ever hapenned to the creme release that was promised to the top 10 or so?

After winning the contest I have never even received any replies to my e-mails to Ferenc, not even a simple 'congratulations now f*** off'. Its so sad to see such disrespect from people I had respect for, for so many years of my life. Very sad. I hope the winners of this contest actually get something out of it besides 'eternal fame' or at least a space invader smile

Try mailing TLR instead? I guess it's on his table really. I understand you are disappointed tho.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

i don't remember what was said last year for the winner but as i can see for this year's contest nothing is mentioned. if nothing, it should be fun listining to some new tracks

Rudi wrote:

After winning the contest I have never even received any replies to my e-mails to Ferenc, not even a simple 'congratulations now f*** off'. Its so sad to see such disrespect from people I had respect for, for so many years of my life. Very sad. I hope the winners of this contest actually get something out of it besides 'eternal fame' or at least a space invader smile

"Thats how it goes"

Ferenc mailed me last year about the top 10 tracks...here are his words:
" there's problems with some tracks regarding putting them out. i dont think i'm gonna burn my hands on it."

Rudi wrote:

as Mr. Maximal said "thats how it goes"

its their own radio and they do what they want. as you see last year the shredder was very hungry and the Alex Akers track was not in the top 10 but the voting points said something else. they said they were so drunk while counting the points neutral
think whatever you want. i had fun while listening to the tracks all the people had done and i hope that for this year too.
you have done a great job with your tracks. get in contact with  "Radio Cosmos" guys. iam sure they will put out your winning song.
i hope legowelt is often in the jury. he is a nice character for that.

Frisbee is my passion

+1 Legowelt is a great judge, critical but encouraging too

Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

+1 Legowelt is a great judge, critical but encouraging too

yup

Frisbee is my passion

seriously lame way to treat the artists. contest will be still ace fun i guess.

44 (edited by sL 2010-05-03 01:41:35)

score100 wrote:

seriously lame way to treat the artists. contest will be still ace fun i guess.

i guess too

Frisbee is my passion

IFM isn't like a huge corp. ... I just see the competition as something bringing robots together on the wireless for some good times. After that if (smallish) labels want to put something out that's a different thing. For me the demo contest isn't like Pop Idol shit where you leave with contract in hand and a solid cocaine cock in your ass.

So Demo Contest is more like show and tell with beer and wine.

A small IFM prize would be nice tho (a Smackos mug?) or even an endorsement like a badge to put on your website "IFM New Talent of the Year"  lol

Oef, one day left ..

Sogar die gr

gonna compete willem? I'm gonna see if it's possible to make a track tonight, but I doubt it wink

Not me, but there are some Eastside Arctic Boogie folks that were interested to enter .. I'm affraid I have to kick their asses ultrahard to make it in time ;-)

Sogar die gr

i hope there will be some clown donk tracks ! big_smile

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Submitted our track yesterday... last year, our submission wasn't playable, the CD player gave up, so the shredder took over wink I hope this year we'll have a bit more luck