Topic: Has anyone got a 606 with Analogue Solutions mods?

Has anyone got the analogue Solutions "Click / Noise Source / HiHat Source Outputs" mods on their TR 606 and if so is the click voltage enough to trigger the clock on an analogue step sequencer?

Re: Has anyone got a 606 with Analogue Solutions mods?

Koova wrote:

Has anyone got the analogue Solutions "Click / Noise Source / HiHat Source Outputs" mods on their TR 606 and if so is the click voltage enough to trigger the clock on an analogue step sequencer?

Don't have the mod, but why don't you use the LT/HT trigger outs for the sequencer?

I want to be able use the LT/HT at the same time as triggering the sequencer.  The click output is the timing pulse of the 606 which should be 16th's but I don't know if it's going to be high enough to clock the sequencer.

I personally wouldn't stab my 606 just to get a clock out of it, since there are so many other ways to trigger stuff smile But of course that's just me. I have to admit though, that it would make the machine a powerful little box for live situations.

I don't have these mods on mine but I have the single outs and the break out box done by Analogue Solutions.
If you consider to get the mods done then I can only advise not to go to Analogue Solutions. I'm sorry to say that they did a very bad and unprofessional job on my 606..... apart from bleed problems the whole machine now looks like shit....

Thanks for that.  I was going to send my 606 to Analogue Solutions but I won't bother now.

7 (edited by SSM v3 2010-05-14 16:42:18)

If you were feeling extravagant maybe you could get this one: http://www.thebeast.co.uk/606/index.html Bit over the top maybe but it does look pretty awesome...

I keep hearing the worst things about that company.

This one looks very nice.

http://www.thebeast.co.uk/beast606rack-sn001/01.jpg

Julian the guy who does that mod used/maybe still does, post on the nofuture forums.
What did you hear about the company? He seemed to know what he was talking about.

Ooh sorry, I didn't notice the post between mine and SSM's, I mean to say that Analogue Solutions have an awful reputation

I've sent some emails to Analogue Solutions and he doesn't come across as very helpful so I think I'll give him a miss.

I've met Julian "The Beast" and he's a nice bloke (a big fan of Drexciya & Aux 88) and he only lives a few miles away from me.  I think I'll approach Julian and see if he can mod the 606 with the individual outs and the "click" out.