Topic: The complete Rm1x Thread

i was sure we had such post but couldn't find it.
and since once again i dust off my RM1x and start working on it i sure i gonna have many questions
so let's begin with few basic issues.

1.can a voice i edited can be save under a new name?
2. can the click/metronome sound can be mute? (i have drum pattern and the click is annoying)
3. is it possible to transpose only one track? (or should i rerecord it in higher octave?)

do you ever use the step recording mode? (just wonder)

smile

thanks

Re: The complete Rm1x Thread

1) no there is no individual memory location for patches, the patches are "saved" realtime with the pattern so there is no need to save patches i guess

2) Yes go to utility system and change click mode to off or rec only

3) Yes go to patch mode and use the note shift you can transpose individual tracks

Step, sometimes mostly for hihat patterns of stupid synthesizer arppegio riffs

Just borrowed one of a guy at work so this topic will be handy!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

@ smackos: thanks

another question smile
i try to explain myself as clear as possible
switching between sections during play mode, is there anyway to switch it on time. mean, play section A till the end then switch to B. what happen now is, at the moment i press B it changing to B. i can lunch it on time but i guess that during live session it's a source for troubles.
hope you can dig my question

no one have an answer for that?
or maybe i wasn't clear enough?

Mule Driver wrote:

no one have an answer for that?
or maybe i wasn't clear enough?

Utility -> System -> Pattern Quantize

Page 132 in the manual:

Pattern Quantize 1, 1/16 Sets the quantize value for pattern switching during playback. When
set to “1” patterns (sections) will always switch on the first beat of
the measure during playback. When “1/16” is selected patterns (sections)
can be switched on any 16th beat during playback.

great thanks man!

9 (edited by Mule Driver 2010-04-28 18:38:48)

rockmanrock wrote:

Utility -> System -> Pattern Quantize

Page 132 in the manual:

Pattern Quantize 1, 1/16 Sets the quantize value for pattern switching during playback. When
set to “1” patterns (sections) will always switch on the first beat of
the measure during playback. When “1/16” is selected patterns (sections)
can be switched on any 16th beat during playback.

bummer, it works only for switching between sections, but not for switching between styles

working on a live set i guess i'll have to build few songs on the same style, any other idea

EDIT: working on the same style is useless, since the mutes are stay at the same position, when switching sections.
when changing styles the mutes stays the way you left them.
hmm

hope it's ok to ask,
how do you play live with the RM1x?
how do you switch songs and keep the beat? or maybe you don't give a f**k about it?

Its not that bad the transistion? Never had a problem with it, especially if you throw in some delay.... but if you want to be real tight use another machine as the master, I use a drummachine, electribe or even other RM1X then it should be pretty tight.

will try to slave it to another machine.
thanks

My rm1x does not remember the voice changes i make in the user-environment. This is bugging me for quite a while now, since i can't find the solution to this problem and it's nowhere to be found.. I thought that it had something to do with the internal battery being empty, but rm1x should give a certain message when that's the case. Is it a defect? Some mysterious OS bug? If anybody could shed some light on this i would be very grateful

@clubmdm
sounds like a bug... but i'm not expert

Thanks i'll keep checking for solution

ClubMdM - turn off memory protect in page 1 of the utility menu.

As for song transitions, the more voices that change between 2 styles, the bigger the hiccup. You can't really expect a synth from '98 to instantly change 16 voice settings instantly.

One option would be to have a couple of final song sections that do some interim voice changes that make the current style closer to the next style. To do this, when you save a user phrase you can embed a new voice in the user phrase - or you could do manual midi program-changes.

In any case, read the clunky manual folks:

www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/RM1xE1.pdf

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

thanks sneakthief
must say that hiccups happen even when there's small change in 1 voice,
i'll try what you suggested

besides, it's good to have you back sneak thief , haven't seen you around lately

Thanks for thinking along Sneakthief, but memory protect was off

cool i did as you suggested sneakthief, still have tiny hiccups here and there but it's much more smooth now.
tonight i'm having my first solo gig in 4 years. let see how it will work.

Mule Driver - good luck on your solo gig! playing live is always a blast.

btw, there are barely any hiccups (if at all) when only driving external synths.

ClubMdM - that's realllly weird. are you sure you're in the user patterns and not the presets? take a pic of your rm1x screen and post it here.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

[off topic]well, the sound check went great, but the gig didn't happened at the end, thanks to the police[/off topic]

RS7000 question

Anyone know of software that can extract samples/midi files from rs7000 saved data files? I remember Brian Ch. posted a link for some program that may have done it back on the cbs forum. I just can't remember what it was called or how it worked exactly.

It's called Awave: http://www.fmjsoft.com/

I believe the freeware version is already fine for it but I haven't used it in years.

Thanks Brian, now just to find a pc computer to use it with. If it works like I hope, I be able to completely switch over to the MPC and sell the big ol' RS