Re: new safety copy nico band, sensitive and more on a bad sounding mix

David Vunk wrote:

no the guys are untraceble   i tried  so.........

the artists can contact me  if........

hey david,
please tell me which artists are untracable, so i can start a digital shop and sell their productions in wav

argh why always flame to people who only contribute to the music / scene we seem to like here at this board. Some critism is ok but nobody needs to defend himself for putting certain pics on label?

Italo is dead and so are most of the artist I guess (except Den). Dont like it dont buy it.

David Vunk wrote:

no the guys are untraceble   i tried  so.........

the artists can contact me  if........

and of course Leonard Rosenman is dead R.I.P

54 (edited by Aftering 2010-01-10 17:21:36)

Cheap price, but a cheap sound that goes with it also.

BUT, for me there are other ways to do represses.

Saftey Copy's device is: "Music is here to be played, and not to die in collectorshands":

> Ok, so why are they pressing those records in a miserable sound quality?? You don't even catch 50% of the beauty of that song when listening to the harsh, bad copied Safety copy. "Driving" for exemple sounds like the worst mp3 you could find on the net! A track with tons of lows and a dark edge, that doesn't have any low on a record > ??
So if music is there to be played, there are other ways to play these songs in better quality then on the Safety release these days. We are in 2010!

> About their second part of the statement: "not to die in collectorshands" is just a strange way to attract people, if the meaning is to only repress 333 pieces of each record and also number them all to put the attention on it. Who do you gonna attract with a limited handnumbered edition of a record??? Yes, the collectors... But if your own records dies in there hands it's not of a big problem anymore I guess..

If Safety copy does a little more work to get the rights for each song, to get a good soundquality with the original masters and to arrange the things with the original artists, with much LOVE and RESPECT for this music, then Safety copy would have been a must..

But I have to admit, the new generation who buys his records through the net, doesn't care about the history of each record they listen to. They just buy it.. And only in the perspective of that new generation it is good that Safety Copy is there to learn them what great music was made during the 80's in Italy. Even if it is only in 333 pieces...  And I mean, only in that perspective, if we forget about all the rest for a moment..

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

when next safety copy?

Rademenes wrote:

when next safety copy?

i think - NOW -

are friends electric?

<show off mode>

let's see...

east wall.... check
signori della galassia... check
helen... check

the only i still have to cross paths with is blush

</show off mode>

http://www.flexx.be/item/safetycopy09/v … ety-copy-9

I don't have any of the records on the new one except Blush, hell yeah I'm gonna buy the other 3 for 9E!!

Can't let the songs fester in the collectors "dirty flats"

wink

update: i just got me the blush LP

had some loose change and decided to go for it.

so no need for the safety copy this time  tongue

The Blush LP is one of those that all the other tracks apart from "Lift Off" totally stink, kinda like a gypsy guiter version of Abba it sounds.

Even though you have them all, is the idea of Safety copy not to buy the 12" to play out to keep all your minty rare and expensive orignals "safely" in plastic sleeves at home?

lol

62 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2010-06-04 13:49:02)

i fail, i know

OTOH the mere sight of some of my rarer records would make many a collector here cry. when i think of mono band mr. crusoe for instance which i reduced from NM to a mere VG to VG+ in one year...
and then there's all the beer and shit that people tend to spill over one's records.

that stuff is there to be used as long as it's hot. in another 20 years nobody will give a rat's ass anymore anyways.

Im getting this. i really really really want helen witch and i really really need east wall. does this make me a witch?   hmm

it sound crap .......  i prefer good quality when i play music   still don't get it....

David Vunk wrote:

it sound crap .......  i prefer good quality when i play music   still don't get it....

how can you know it sounds crap? you never bought a SC if I remember right. And you did not listen to the new one, no?  wink 

I am happy with my bootleg smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Well who can afford the thousands of euros needed to buy all the rare italos they want?

Safety copy is the only way the majority of people can have and play these great tracks.

I own 4 of them and most of the tracks sound perfectly fine.

Ethically it's dubious, but as the famous Russian criminal tattoo says "I couldn't afford to have a conscience"

captain duran wrote:
David Vunk wrote:

how can you know it sounds crap? you never bought a SC if I remember right. And you did not listen to the new one, no?  wink 

I am happy with my bootleg smile

yo capt    everything coolex

i did listen to those things ......and heard dj's play those things

scott_neon wrote:

Well who can afford the thousands of euros needed to buy all the rare italos they want?

Safety copy is the only way the majority of people can have and play these great tracks.

that's nonsense

there's a lot of cd compilations like i love disco diamonds where you have those tracks in good quality and you can always download decent sounding mp3 if you do quick search in google

I meant on vinyl.