Topic: 29-5 Clone Labelnight, New York

Clone Records will hit New York on 29th of May 2010!

Clone Room
Alden Tyrell (live)
Legowelt (live)
Serge (dj)

Galaxie Room
Justin Miller (DFA)
Jacques Renault (DFA/Runaway)
Lovefingers (ESP Institute)

Club: Coco66

Re: 29-5 Clone Labelnight, New York

Lekker bezig Dion

Sogar die gr

will be there

Pity best dj of clone crew wont be playing.

I think somebody has to keep an eye on the shop....

nice party!

baz wrote:

nice party!

you know who im talking about wink

7 (edited by Dion 2010-03-31 21:51:43)

Don't you worry, there are about 3 other Clone-parties coming up in NY in 2010 smile

@ Willem: dank, we zijn er erg blij mee!

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
baz wrote:

nice party!

you know who im talking about wink

cool

Three other parties? Do tell!!!

thants.

This weekend! Looking forward.. big_smile

First time seeing Alden Tyrell  and it was amazing. Packet Night, new york surprised me and i loved it.

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

what's a "Packet Night"?

13 (edited by Marco Tulio Thrash 2010-06-02 00:32:33)

I'm sad, the sound was not good in my view. Melodies drowned out by the bass kinda like 50% of the music drowned. Tyrell pretty much played the same set as he did in Paris 5 years ago and Legowelt sounded miles better at Public Assembly in December 09 and that's saying something ... at least his Electronic Adventurer style of playing kept the night going. Serge opened strong too.

Sorry to be so critical

Of course the bass and kicks are pronounced in club setting and they should be because they are the most important elements for the dancing crowd, but I don't know, I wasn't there so maybe the sound was indeed bad ..

I have to agree with everything MTT said. Muddled lows and distorted highs and nothing in the middle...I tried moving around to get better sound, to no avail.

I was impressed with the turnout though.

dude...or your ears suck..or the oundsystem sucked....but it  must have been your ears i guess....i did 4 old tracks out of 14..
as if i would give a fuck...but the thing here is...if u dont like stuff..then do it yourself if you think you can do better..thats what made us do our thing..but if the best u can do is to complain......thats pretty pathetic..... .sorry to be so critical;

hah...for once i couldnt resist to give my opinion...but..im happy that there's forums like this where ppl finally can make their voice heard for in normal life ppl dont give a shit about em...

It must be my ears then. sorry

ehr.. now sweat...the booz made me do it..shouldnt have said what i said tho;))...fuckin beers

i've played (dj'ed)  at coco66 a few times. the sound has always sucked. not a knock against the music or the people. i still had a lot of fun that night. and like i said, it's rare to get a turnout like that.

anyway, it was nice meeting you there. had a wicked hangover at my grandmas 95th bday the next day.

I think this is a good excuse to pick up some more records by Alden and Legowelt to hear what I missed out.  lol

Nice to see Dez, Lara, Speculator, Nightline and D. Clapp there.

@Dez: yeah meant to ask about how it went.

there is no excuse for clubs having a crap sound system in 2010. but as an artist, theres not much you can do about it.. ive even had it where the soundcheck sounded fine, but the show itself was horrible..

wen are these next clone parties in ny? will be makin my way over there soon i believe