Topic: Elections (Holland)

The day before...

Feeling like a "very floating voter" (erg zwevende kiezer), like many, which also has something to it (lekker zweven ;-). Like no party is completely right but all a bit. Meanwhile watching the chitchat on t.v. Amazed I'm still able to watch this! Wonder how I'll think at the end of the day...

How about it bots?

"Are you loving?"

Re: Elections (Holland)

time to pick your masters robots.  get out the vote!

Floating voters tune in to ifm 3!! big_smile

What happened to those Dutch fascists who were everywhere 5 years ago? Didn't their leader die or something?

cuties don't exert

4 (edited by Scarface 2010-06-08 19:04:38)

ytz wrote:

Floating voters

On second thought "Hovering voter" would be a more accurate translation from "zwevende kiezer" b.t.w. wink

http://www.finkbuilt.com/static/images/articles/hover1.jpg

edit: Or "vloater" maybe. smile

"Are you loving?"

ytz wrote:

What happened to those Dutch fascists who were everywhere 5 years ago? Didn't their leader die or something?

You mean Pim Fortuyn? Yes he died (was killed) some years ago and his party died a slow but surely death.

http://gillesdeplancke.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pim-fortuyn.jpg

Now we got Geert Wilders which you can't completely compare with Pim Fortuyn b.t.w. but he got about the same anti-islamic points of view. He's quite popular here amongst some people.

http://weblogs.nrc.nl/besteartikel2009/files/2009/12/wilders.jpg

"Are you loving?"

I wouldnt say Fortuyn was a fascist, Wilders though...comes closer.

7 (edited by Scarface 2010-06-08 19:34:50)

Wouldn't say Fortuyn was a fascist (he had extreme points of view on the islam though) also but I thought ytz was refering to him as the "Dutch fascists who were everywhere 5 years ago. Didn't their leader die or something?". I'm now reading on wikipedia that Fortuyn was killed in 2002 (time goes faster than you think) which is 8 years ago so he probably not means him but Wilders.

"Are you loving?"

8 (edited by ytz 2010-06-08 20:26:46)

No, the bald guy was right. Yeah I thought he was killed by his own guys.

Remember the story caused a bit of a stir in the UK. At the same time there was Haider in Austria (and Le Pen did something high profile I can't quite remember) and people were worried that fascism was spreading over Europe post-9/11.

Are any Dutch robots voting this year?

cuties don't exert

ytz wrote:

Yeah I thought he was killed by his own guys.

No, he was killed by Volkert van der Graaf. Not, one of his own guys, but a member of a animal/environmentalrights-group (not political party). He was killed 9 days before the elections in 2002.

"Are you loving?"

I'll vote

Yeah, me to tongue

Me too (burgelijke plicht enzo).

"Are you loving?"

Yeah gonna vote tomorow.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Imma vote after wurk

sunday we have elections in Belgium, but i'm still doubting between 2 parties...

16 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-06-09 10:04:58)

did have some doubts between voting D66 ('liberal' democrats) or groenlinks (greens), but going for the green people tonight.

Don't really care for the exact outcome, as long as there is a left majority.

We need proper legislation (and legalisation) on a number of things; euthanasia. abortion, dope being decriminalised/legalised, cheap rental appartments, education, healthcare availability etc.

Since WW II we have had left wing government, since then we have all those thing you name. Why are you convinced only left wing can improve things like cheap rental appartments, education, healthcare availability? Left orientated government proved over the years are incapable of improving those things (like endless debating over this and getting even more people involved who want to have a saying)
I think because of this they are the ones who probably will suffer...
But hey that's what I think... I don't care left or right. Sometimes the good way to establish something or getting the right answer is right wing, sometimes left wing. But explain that to the majority of narrow minded people with tunnel view.

Strictly Rockaas

Agreed Obi1

if you don't vote, you can't complain. if you still complain, start your own party.

Holland's a liberal paradise, though?  big_smile

cuties don't exert

the ticket collectors on their trains are fascists

keep hackney crap

Obi1r wrote:

Since WW II we have had left wing government, since then we have all those thing you name. .

thats no really true, we hardly had any left wing gouvernment.. maybe central/leftwing but mostly centre/rightwing. Imo CDA isnt left..

http://www.sargasso.nl/wp-content/pix/tekort_l.jpg

and for the foreigners who think NL is still a tolerant/liberal country: we are doing our best turn back the clock 70 years or so...  hmm

TB or not TB

23 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-06-09 13:31:36)

Obi1r wrote:

But explain that to the majority of narrow minded people with tunnel view.

who tend to vote right wing...  tongue

have to agree with Freek on the left wing governments we supposedly had (?), and the so-called 'liberal netherlands'. when the government we have had for the last eight years got everything they wanted, this country would be even more repressive and ignorant then it already is becoming atm.

The most beautiful bit (and awful at the same time) of the current campaign, was a photo of the current prime minister (christian, conservative, right wing), wearing a 'fuck drugs' t-shirt, while drinking a beer with some people from a big village in Holland with the countries highest percentage of inbreeding, incest and cocain use...

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlands … reldoorlog

TB or not TB

You might not agree that since WW II we mostly had left wing... but think again.
I think you have to agree these basic 'left wing' characteristics have been pretty strong in Holland:
Providing more 'power' to the economic weak,
Suspicious to capitalism,
Pretty strong governmental influence to balance welfare for everyone,
Care for environmental ecology,
Change of society through emancipation by women,
Fighting discrimination and support of ethnic minority,
Discarding traditional laws with a suppressing tendency (as abortion).

But whatever 'wing' will be formed, politicians are still dutch people... some things wont change like:
Most Dutch are soft people with a big mouth, listening to themselves and not showing much interest. When it comes to action they tend to take a step back and stick together talking and argue a lot while time passes by and we all grow older then finally a soft solution is implemented but with terrible timing. Then it starts all over again...

Strictly Rockaas