Re: World Cup thread

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

How can you say something like that? It sucks so hard that we aren't qualified, a World Cup is always something special. We have very descent players but somehow they can't play together, I hope this will change in the near future.

I also hope that! Really! But a qualifcation for Belgium now on this World Cup would have been dramatic, and very boring to look at, like there 15 to 20 last games..

All the players are very good individually, but they have to learn to play together, get some experience, get a better team spirit and they need a leader on the field, like a Wilmots. Our Belgium just doesn't have that right now, and switching trainer every 6 months won't change anything to that.     

So, at this time, I really prefer to see another team being qualified for this tournament and enjoy football, rather then go on with this Belgian disaster, like the last 2 or 3 years where we only made our self ridiculous on a grass field..

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

Je team steun je in goeie en kwade dagen

"A Real Music Hater"

1 Holland
2 Argentina
3 Spain
4 USA

Cameroon beats Italy in second round
North Korea come in second in their group

I'm sure I'll have to eat every one of these words hehe

It would probably be bad if Holland won the World Cup the first time it's in Africa haha.  Good thing France won't do anything

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

Not really shure about that. That does make me think more about a "wedding promise" rather then a football believing... 
They had plenty of time enough to work on that Belgian team the last years, and prepare it for such an important event as the World Cup where an whole nation is behind it. So, no excuse here, if our team was not good enough for qualification, then it must let it's place to the teams that were..

At the end, The World Cup must be a nice thing to look at with good playing teams, beers and friends.. We don't need newspapers full of crap and reasons why our team did it so bad (again) on this World Cup. wink 

Just my point of view about it..

Fridge is full of bear, barbecue sauce and chips, so let's go on with this  smile

Real gold cannot be seen or even touched, it has to be listened & felt with the heart..

got serbia in the work's sweepstake, so i'm officially going for them...

Aftering wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

Not really shure about that. That does make me think more about a "wedding promise" rather then a football believing...

Football is stronger than marriage  smile I think you are a succes supporter tbh.

"A Real Music Hater"

I've bought a Uruguay top for this tournament (sexy strip) and they'll be the team I'm supporting. Well, them and Argentina. I love Uruguay for their almost disgusting loyatly to being a bunch of brutal, hacking cunts coupled with little bit of flair every once in a while. I'd also like to see Chile and any of the African teams do well.

The last 2 world cups have been shit in a shit decade. Here's hoping that this decade brings a series of World Cups as good as the ones in the '90s.

It was all about '94 for me though - Baggio, Hagi, Batistuta, Stoichkov, Bergkamp, Romario.  The game has sadly changed irreversibly for the worst - particularly exemplified by the more physical and less technical Brazil and Argentina sides currently on display.

33 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-06-10 12:50:27)

in retrospect i only hope v. persie doesn't hurt his left foot and we get lots of free kicks on the edge of the box... and see some good football in general.

I predict Italy is going to suck (yes, as usual but this time without winning big_smile).
I'm all for Holland this year (hope Robben is going to make it) and I'm curious about what kind of football England will play with Capello as a coach.

35 (edited by Aftering 2010-06-10 13:52:48)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

I think you are a succes supporter tbh.

Well, everybody's free to have his thoughts my friend wink But ok, who isn't "succes supporter" if there are nearly only succes teams in this tournament? So you are supportering Honduras? Or a succes team like Germany for exemple?     

For me football is just some nice entertainement. To end about it here, I hope the Belgium team will get better soon, so that they can bring us back some nice entertainment as before. In the meantime I will enjoy those who can, that's about it.  wink

To get back on the more interesting main toppic, I heared that North Korea (as a Dictature), had to rent a complete fanteam to supporter them on this World Cup, because the citizens are not allowed to leave there country. Pretty funny..

Scotland, Scotland, Scotland....

aahm, oh, wait, they are too bad to play in the worldcup.... doh!
sad

Jamaica wins the worldcup, Holland goes home after the first rounds

Strictly Rockaas

Saw one of Scotland's last games for qualification, and they played ver nicely. Unfortunate that they are not qualificated, because they really deserved it to be in the WC

I'm going for:

1. Holland
2. Argentina
3. Mexico

these Vuvuzelas suck so fucking hard. They aren't a real South African tradition and destroy they whole stadium atmosphere.
No more goal roars or fan chants, just this monotone. I don't know why the FIFA had no guts to ban them. In fear of being called racist? Maybe they just have a Vuvuzela factory in china.

41 (edited by miravalles 2010-06-11 16:52:25)

Those horns are incredible. The stadium sounds like a bee hive. It's unstoppable!
They do suck.

yeah those are quite annoying... I hope the TV networks can block them out

43 (edited by Guyver 303 2010-06-11 18:07:07)

miravalles wrote:

Those horns are incredible. The stadium sounds like a bee hive. It's unstoppable!
They do suck.

Yeah, crazy hum.

On another note.
Fuck ITV as well and its shite commentary. Desailly hasn't got decent enough English to add any form of insight and Andy Townsend is a fucking joke.

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

hive sound ftw

yeah, those horns are pretty irritating! now lets see if suarez in the national team of uruguay scores as much as for ajax in the national competition..

Aftering wrote:

Saw one of Scotland's last games for qualification, and they played ver nicely. Unfortunate that they are not qualificated, because they really deserved it to be in the WC

Ireland as well.  hmm

mute the tv, put a record on.

47 (edited by Check Mate 2010-06-11 20:26:18)

Zubeldia wrote:

mute the tv, put a record on.

Yeah, i.e. this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbA-yBkurM[/youtube]

big_smile

Though there seems to be much less noise in the second game. I think it might be only really bad when South Africa plays.

Welcome to the Future...

or this one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWYPe-AezDU[/youtube]

WTF!!

At least it'd fit the France - Uruguay game which was also just "hiving" or better "droning" along !

Cheers,

Welcome to the Future...

RSA is pretty good on the counterattack and long balls...

Domenech should have included Benzema, though I don't know how much he would have helped.