Re: Should I buy...

I am working on a trade with someone that will trade either a Tascam M-3500, Ramsa WR-T820b, or a Mackie 32 8 for a high end stereo and a few bits of synth and sampler gear i have lying around, any recomendations on which way to go between these three consoles?

yeah boyeee

Can't you demo them before you decide? Cause besides the overall sound the state of the consoles matters as well. I don't know how many channels the Tascam has, but personally I'd focus on the Tascam and the Ramsa. If If I remember well the Ramsa has only or mostly unbalanced RCA connectors, so maybe soldering new cables is already a let down. If unbalanced is a worry, don't go for the Tascam either. But personally I have no doubt that both the Tascam and the Ramsa will sound better than the Mackie. Perhaps more noisy, but we call that charm over here big_smile

MACurious wrote:

Roland SDE-2000 Delay
What would you pay for it?

I wouldnt pay that much, but as far I can see on the net its a pretty cool device because it has more controls than similar machines and it has CV-mod control..
I guess its worth at least 100 something... (maybe everything below 100 is a nice deal + early dig delays have a nasty sound smile )

TB or not TB

@ Brian, thx for the advive!  Just curious if a mixer was used for "here I come" and "doing it", those are my jamz!

yeah boyeee

1,405 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2010-04-13 22:24:12)

I used a D&R 900 before, we mixed Texas Brooklyn Heaven and the Garden on it. I have been looking at a Tascam 3500/3700 myself, Danny has a 3700 that I really liked when we used it for some of our collaborations. But since my 900 burned I needed a mixer quickly and didn't have the cash for a Tascam (the 3500 goes for more than 1000 euro here), so I settled for a D&R Dayner. It needed some work so all in all cost me only 500 and two days of soldering.
I think a Dayner might be more expensive in the US, Americans seem to appreciate them better than the Dutch. But if that Tascam is in a acceptable state and your trade is good for you, I think you'll have a very fine desk. Come to think, the guy I bought my Dayner from sold it cause he loved his 3500.

The Ramsa I don't know. When I shopped for that cheap mixer I did come across another Ramsa that I couldn't find info on, but on my search I did come across some very positive user reviews on the t820b you're looking at. You could check out the gearslutz forum, you'll find users of both the Tascam and Ramsa there (and Mackie's obviously, it is a popular mixer).

I tested the ramsa t802b and the mackie 32 8. was excited about the 3  band sweepable eqs and the hyped  pre's of the ramsa, but what I found was an ol dinosaur that had nice upper midrange and kind of sweet highs, but let the lower frequencies just fall apart, loads of rca connectors on the back (adapters are cheap tho) only 2 effects sends and nice bit of noise to wash all over that.  Some robots will probably band together with pitchforks and torches and run me outta town for saying this, but the mackie just sends grandpa ramsa to the nursing home.  fat kicks and bass bounced in and out of that board without wasting any time and didn't have to swim in a bunch of noise and can be routed, grouped and sent  in ways limited by your imagination.  I've only owned mixers less than 1/3 its size, so my whole room is about to be re-arranged, but its time for some spring cleaning in my studio/studio apt anyway- also made out with an echo audiofire 12 and some snakes to hook up to my daw

yeah boyeee

That's too bad about that Ramsa. The lack of low is probably because uses rca's and I think it's a sign for a recap. So the Mackie it is huh? That's the good thing about demoing, it really is the only way to decide what is good for you. Good luck with it!

I found a Roland SH-09 in a second hand shop and the owner is selling it for her son. He wants 600€ for it, which i think is too much. It looks almost mint and she told me it was fully functional and it's never really been used.
How much would you say it's worth? i need some guidelines for my negotiation plan

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

That's definitely too much. Average price I'd say is around 350-400 euros but they can be had for as little as 250. Do an ebay search on completed items and show her that maybe.

thanks ssm, that's a good idea

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

should i give away my poly 800 reverse keys for TR707?
i hardly use the poly since it have annoying midi problem

the 707 is probably the most fun drummachine for live use evar. but then again, uuh reverse keys, I think you could get two 707's from that if you'd sell it online.

really? someone offered me 220$ for the poly 800 what is the value of reverse keys?

nixxon wrote:

I found a Roland SH-09 in a second hand shop and the owner is selling it for her son. He wants 600€ for it, which i think is too much. It looks almost mint and she told me it was fully functional and it's never really been used.
How much would you say it's worth? i need some guidelines for my negotiation plan

HA HA HA Danske priser FTF. Hvis du får den for 300€ så har du gjort et godt køb, 400€ er ok men så skal den også være super mint.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Mule Driver wrote:

really? someone offered me 220$ for the poly 800 what is the value of reverse keys?

reverse keys = $ in my book.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

a friend of mine sold revkeys poly800 for $150 about a year ago

lärm macht spass!

I don't think the reverse keys add so much value. Maybe you can get a few bucks more, but really not a lot, not 2 707s worth, unless someone gets really carried away hitting the bid button. I think over here Poly 800's are maybe 150 euro, whilst lately 707's go for a bit more than that. I think if both are in good condition you have a fair trade.

a roland re 3 digital space echo for 50 euro?

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

ProjectGenocide wrote:

a roland re 3 digital space echo for 50 euro?

sounds like a fair price, maybe you can sell it with some profit and buy something real wink

TB or not TB

lol  lol  you think its that bad?

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

Should I buy an Yamaha RX-11?

What would you pay for a 14U SKB ATA case? Looks like they're in good condition. Guy has a 10U and 14U.

I don't want to make an insulting offer. But I'm not paying anything more than 50% new.

How much should I pay for an AKAI ASQ-10?

What typical fault should I look for?

...a MOSLAB FILTER BANK 914 module? a.t.m. 150eurix.

and what about a Jupiter 4? How much one of these are worth in your territory?