26 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2010-06-09 17:11:16)

Re: Elections (Holland)

Thats how it goes, no matter what you vote. I just did and it made me feel o so slightly good aboot meself.

Obi1r wrote:

But whatever 'wing' will be formed, politicians are still dutch people... some things wont change like:
Most Dutch are soft people with a big mouth, listening to themselves and not showing much interest. When it comes to action they tend to take a step back and stick together talking and argue a lot while time passes by and we all grow older then finally a soft solution is implemented but with terrible timing. Then it starts all over again...

Let's quote myself before you guys do smile For the same reason we never be soccer champions. Simply because most Dutch lack resilience or elasticity... we play very good technically but when we are overpowered we withdraw and dont fight. So sorry... the Dutch won't ever be world champion soccer. Thats what I predict

Strictly Rockaas

I don't know that much about Dutch politics but I assume that Geert Wilders' Freedom Party being the third party with 24 seats is not a good thing... Besides I don't even like the word 'freedom' when associated to a political side (we have our own freedom party laying around here in Italy since 1994).

Well put Geert's party in the cabinet.
3 months later it will fall and people know they voted on a club of morons and criminals.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

and criminals

now im no pvv voter, having said that, this is just pure george w. bush type of talk

hoi!

who won? is it good news or bad news?

cuties don't exert

mono-poly wrote:

3 months later it will fall and people know they voted on a club of morons and criminals.

paradox of liberal democracy is that you also have to accept parties you don't like.

ytz wrote:

who won? is it good news or bad news?

http://nos.nl/dossier/141463-nederland- … b/46/live/

Quite a shock.

"Are you loving?"

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
mono-poly wrote:

paradox of liberal democracy is that you also have to accept parties you don't like.

I do accept he got a lot off votes.
And i really hope he gets into the cabinet formation.
Because he aint got proper people to do that so it will fail in a few months like the balkenende ones.
Do you think he got kosher/proper people for that?

silver wrote:

and criminals

now im no pvv voter, having said that, this is just pure george w. bush type of talk

Niks gehoord over die Kosher pvv-er zeker?

http://www.joop.nl/politiek/detail/arti … apenbezit/

mono-poly wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
mono-poly wrote:

I do accept he got a lot off votes.
And i really hope he gets into the cabinet formation.
Because he aint got proper people to do that so it will fail in a few months like the balkenende ones.
Do you think he got kosher/proper people for that?

I don't know. I didn't do any research in the PVV and it's politicians.

The sight of the celebrating PVV was revolting. That party seems to consist of lowlifes (tokkies). Those retards governing the country will almost certainly lead to new elections within 6 months. And I suppose that is a good thing.

fingers crossed for a vvd, pvda, GL and d66/sp coalition. anything but vvd, cda, pvv..

or else, as said (just like the former lpf), pvv will cancel itself out after a few months 'governing'

Most important: no more Christians in the government. LET EM BURNNNNN IN HELL

Mr. Maximal wrote:

Most important: no more Christians in the government. LET EM BURNNNNN IN HELL

very big chance its gonna be: VVD, PVV, CDA... so you have: conservatives (fake liberals), facist zionists and more rightwing christian/zionists.. Im afraid we are the ones burning in their hell..

TB or not TB

We burn in the hell of our government, thats right. But in which degree is more important to me... in order to survive and live happily ever after big_smile But seriously, we live in a country that takes very high tax over their citizens, in fact we belong somewhere at the top ranking of the whole world. Now given that, I like is a strong government that takes control if things that are not right. I want a government that do no not spend a lot of money, cause it is my money and yours. At least I want a government that dont make too many fuck ups.. And exactly based on these arguments the majority of the Dutch voted right, too say we dont want this no more.
Now an ideal government does probably not exist, but the latest purple one was pretty far from ideal... spilled massive amounts of wasted money. Waiting far too long to take actions, and putting problems under the carpet like they are not there. Time now demands a stable and strong government, formation now is quite difficult, but hopefully they are smart and come up with something stable and solid...

Strictly Rockaas

Obi1r wrote:

We burn in the hell of our government, thats right. But in which degree is more important to me... in order to survive and live happily ever after big_smile But seriously, we live in a country that takes very high tax over their citizens, in fact we belong somewhere at the top ranking of the whole world. Now given that, I like is a strong government that takes control if things that are not right. I want a government that do no not spend a lot of money, cause it is my money and yours. At least I want a government that dont make too many fuck ups.. And exactly based on these arguments the majority of the Dutch voted right, too say we dont want this no more.
Now an ideal government does probably not exist, but the latest purple one was pretty far from ideal... spilled massive amounts of wasted money. Waiting far too long to take actions, and putting problems under the carpet like they are not there. Time now demands a stable and strong government, formation now is quite difficult, but hopefully they are smart and come up with something stable and solid...

maybe you should have a look at the link Ive posted before about 'begrotingstekorten', it clearly shows that rightwing governments are the biggest spenders and creators of depts. And about taxes; for multinationals (like Shell, etc) NL has some of the lowest tax rates in the world and I dont think that will change with VVD or CDA... so whats your point?

TB or not TB

yes, it is all about the money right... not a single word about taking away freedom bit by bit and human rights flushed through the toilet.

and yes, pvv, cda is a guarantee for a fuck-up free government..

i apologise for my cinicysm.

Multinationals do not vote, citizens are... thats my point. They are the ones who pay. I know Holland is tax haven for all kind of companies... even U2 and the Rolling Stones have their 'headquarter' here. A lot of money is made here in the 'service' sector, and it will stay that way.
My point is, if a government is not 'satisfactory' to the majority of the people, that is always bad. Then you get an election outcome like we just had. In my opinion it is better if the majority of the people have at least some faith in their government and trust... only then a country can be really 'succesfull'. But we are pretty far away from that situation. If things get extreme a coup is not unrealistic, but here in Holland a coup in unthinkable bacause mainly soft cheese cake citizens live here. Luckily I am half Spanish big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

the dumbest thing you can do is to call the people who voted pvv morons and their party racists or criminals. they are not, and if 1 1/2 million people voted for them, they must have done something right or adress problems no one else adresses. personally, i think they have some good points and some bad points, some good guiys and some they should get rid of.

they did get a lot of credibility from me when they were the only party who didn't go along in the mass hysteria about global warming this winter, and played a very active role in asking questions in parliament the others didn't want to hear.

they are also not a right wing party, a lot of their economic views are closer to the far left than anything else. that will also make it hard for them to be a government party: the left parties don't waqnt them because of their views on immigration, and the right parties will have problems with some of their economic standpoints.

i'd be in favour of 'paars'too (no fucking christians, yes..)but not if it includes groen links with their ''solutions'' for a better environment....

Let my jobless uneducated neighbor find out that the party he voted for will make him pay more rent so that house 'owners' can continue to pay the interest over their artificially high mortgage for the next 30 years. That his vote will make him pay more for the health care he abuses fully. That he can forget about his debt restructuring and dept pardon, that he can forget about his unemployment money and his subsidized home.

Let my girlfriend's colleague find out that the party she voted for is in favor of the age measures in the AOW, not against it as she seriously thought. Let her find out that the party she voted for will make sure her kids can forget about a decent, affordable higher education. She won't be able to afford their education, not after the party she voted for cut her managing job at the hospital. Not to put that money back in first line healthcare she has worked in for 15 years, but to spend it on companies that give 100 times her year income away as bonuses. Like that bank, that sold her a mortgage she can't afford for a house she technically will never own.

Let's it all happen, so we can get this over with, and they can vote more consciously next time.

i think the holland election is a sign of things to come, europe is falling apart

personal greed is now in vogue, it seems

Ruud they are racists and criminals.
And people who vote on them are full of envy, greed and fear.
And i happy voted for Groen Links.

really have to agree with brian and mono on this

rude66 wrote:

if 1 1/2 million people voted for them, they must have done something right or adress problems no one else adresses. personally, i think they have some good points and some bad points, some good guys and some they should get rid of.

that's the biggest problem i have with political parties like the pvv; it looks like they are adressing problems nobody else does, but they are just playing into the fears of the mass public, who only read the telegraaf and watch sbs6, who spread and breed fear and populism (and stupidity in general) themselves. it's so easy to shout that there is so much wrong in the Netherlands, and yelling some unrealistic nonsense to get into the papers.

Best example was in of the debates broadcasted, when they were talking about healthcare. Wilders said he's going to put 10.000 (i believe it was...) extra jobs into healthcare. Who's going to pay for that then? and where are you going to find those 10.000 nurses etc. and he wants to give them a huge pay raise...
unless it comes out of the bankers' bonusses, i don't see this (or any of his so-called 'solutions') really happening.

if this vvd, cda, pvv coalition really happens, we (in my line of work and lifestyle) can start to order our emigration papers...