Re: World Cup thread

mushaden wrote:

RSA is pretty good on the counterattack and long balls...

Domenech should have included Benzema, though I don't know how much he would have helped.

Domenech he is a major joke. His team selections (squads) are a bloody joke .
He has no clue about tactics and always picks the wrong style of play at the wrong time. It'll be nice to see how Blanc runs the team after this tourney

Uruguay disappointed too, thought they are much more stronger.

not thinking past sunday at the moment, hoping for a draw. Go the socceroos!

USA! USA! USA! big_smile

excited about tonight's game...

No world cup would be complete without an English goalkeeping blunder - go USA! big_smile

Tim Howard is class

aye, fucking man of the match for that guy!

really happy with the draw, i wouldn't have been able to stomach the media splurgefest that would have resulted if england (and particularly peter crouch) had scored in the final 10 minutes. to be fair, they really were looking like they might score in the 2nd half...

yeah, very well done by howard. amazing the english team couldn't win from a country like USA.. not very promising for the rest of their stay here..

England involved in the worst match of the tournament so far. Big surprise.

imo the vuvuzelas are great. it sounds like tony conrad is playing his violin at every game....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1YdE5FW60[/youtube]

cuties don't exert

oh and after two days i'm bored. no good matches. argentina nigeria was ok,,,, for a while  neutral

cuties don't exert

i thought the england game was good - maybe it was just because i was so tense from wanting america to hold out for the draw?

the argentina game was completely rank rotten though...

We probably have to wait for NL and Spain to get an attractive game on. I fell asleep during both England - VS and the Uruguay - whatever game.

Mr. Maximal wrote:

We probably have to wait for NL and Spain to get an attractive game on. I fell asleep during both England - VS and the Uruguay - whatever game.

England vs. USA was a good game, not boring at all, they could easily score more but they didn`t. I`m sooo excited about the german game today. Can`t wait to see them schoolin the aussies. wink

argentina will win the world cup

I have £20 on Argentina, looking good so far

woo usa! i thought it was a pretty good match.. only one ive been able to watch thus far and now serbia and ghana..

yay for USA and yay for Ghana

Well, that was embarrassing...

ha!

^^ sorry dude!

but i have to say, it was a nice game, and good to see ghana winning...

hopefully germany will put on a good show for us tonight!

seems like the aussies have 2 good teams to fight out of the group against. both start with G

serbia really started playing good football once they were down to 10 men... and then the unfortunate handball...

oh well... it is nice to see an african team win though ... on to germany and australia  smile

Ghana were great! (with all due respect to mekonin)

Klasnic was really disappointing. Serbia only started to play when Kuzmanovic came on.... the handball was idiotic though.

cuties don't exert

holland's group is full of fun teams. Eto'o is always good value, Japan like to ping it about and the Danes always seem to make it through the groups somehow... I expect the Dutch to get 9 points tho

cuties don't exert

first time in years that i really enjoyed to watch the germans play football! gut gemacht!

@QoB KLAPF

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell