76 (edited by DumbBot 2010-06-13 21:47:26)

Re: World Cup thread

Who'd have thought zee germans would light up the tournament?...bravo Germany, big_smile

Edit:...altho the Australians did have Craig Moore in defense...he was bad when he play for rangers 20 years ago lol

Let's get Dumb

tragic, how embarrasment for the soccaroos. I have no hope for them against Ghana either, if the continue at this quality.

hey hey win... suprisingly good match tonight

lets hope germany can keep it up like this... schlaaaaaand!!

Queen Of Blood wrote:

first time in years that i really enjoyed to watch the germans play football! gut gemacht!

excellent start for Die Mannschaft.. congratz!
(my wife = happy > she's a fan of Philipp Lahm... can't blame her, this guy is almost mr. perfect)
Serbia was disappointing, so was France on Friday..
South Korea can surprise (again) if they keep playing with that energy (Greeks were lame though)
If I merely judge the teams on the 'way' they play the game I hope Spain or Argentina take the cup, but I also hope an African team (Cameroon?) can surpass themselves.. 
btw: I don't think France will make it without our retired genius friend below

http://i45.tinypic.com/rw86qv.jpg

teknob wrote:

tragic, how embarrasment for the soccaroos. I have no hope for them against Ghana either, if the continue at this quality.

not too embarrassing ...just germany is a great team... and then also the red card that maybe should have been a yellow..

anyway germany look to be another contender for world cup finalists even w/o ballack

no, I'm sorry cloud9, Germany are great, sure, but Australia played at quality not worthy of World Cup. Hopefully this is a wake-up call, to the coach also. Bresciano, Kewell on the Bench?! WTF

teknob wrote:

t Australia played at quality not worthy of World Cup

yes we were terrible. The paers down here have dubbed them the 'shockeroos'. There are many reasons- old squad, a lack of match fitness, but ultimately I think Verbeek's a poor manager. Last night was not the time to experiment - Cahill is not a striker, and Garcia instead of Bresciano is insanity..

I think we will bounce back, but no Cahill against Ghana is a serious blow. That was no red card, not in a million years. Thems the breaks I guess.

No one realistically thought we could beat Germany. Might do ok against serbia, seeing as NZ beat them in a friendly a few weeks ago.

Unlikely we will progress.

really enjoyed the germans yesterday. It was simply fun to see them play. The aussies had some good moments too. But in the end germany was much stronger.
It was the most interesting game of the rounds til now.

Let`s see what the dutchies and italos will bring us tonight.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

I'm actually getting a little nervous for the game only 1.5 hrs to go.

My support goes out to my two sweepstakes teams!!

http://www.auburn.wednet.edu/amhs/resource/Japan_flag.gifhttp://www.psp.gatech.edu/fleet/sites/Tyler_Jackson/australia-flag.jpg

shit... Lets hope Japan can pull it out the bag to batter cameroon... big_smile

was away over the weekend with no access to internet so a bit late in posting but ha fucking ha to england.
the sound of a festival collectively groaning could be heard for miles around the isle of wight
(while an irishman was smiling ear to ear)

keep hackney crap

maradona was a good choice for argentina coach because of his personality. he's not gonna be reading up on tactics, he'll just wing it (and snort some cocaina) and thus the team tactics will be very hard to guess in advance. this along with the best players = teh win.

the first Vuvuzela filters:

http://audionewsroom.blogspot.com/2010/ … cworx.html

byron wrote:

was away over the weekend with no access to internet so a bit late in posting but ha fucking ha to england.
the sound of a festival collectively groaning could be heard for miles around the isle of wight
(while an irishman was smiling ear to ear)

Byron!
you might be able to help with this...

we are trying to watch the world cup in work, but have computers that javascript is disabled and websense that doesn't allow us onto streaming sites.

With IFM, I just put the radio URL into media player and it works... is there any way round this for tv or radio of the world cup?

Fred vom Jupiter wrote:

the first Vuvuzela filters:

http://audionewsroom.blogspot.com/2010/ … cworx.html

Nice!

Some sort of vuvuzela filtering's already in use by some broadcasters. Here in Brazil there's a huge difference between the different TV channels that broadcast the matches. In some, the vuvuzelas are really loud while in others it's considerably attenuated.

Yes! 2-0

meschi wrote:

Byron!
you might be able to help with this...

we are trying to watch the world cup in work, but have computers that javascript is disabled and websense that doesn't allow us onto streaming sites.

With IFM, I just put the radio URL into media player and it works... is there any way round this for tv or radio of the world cup?

sorry dude, we just go to the pub and order a beer.
that's how we watch football in our shop

keep hackney crap

shit!
TfL sucks that way. We can;t even have unopened alcohol on the premises without informing management... bastards.

yes Japan! go yerself!

1-0

missed the holland game cause of work - here's hoping for a german style goal fest from the italians tonight! big_smile

yeah im also curious how the italians gonna play...

i would count on more broken shinpads then goals.. can still be a good match though.

ita 0-1 par
go paraguay! smile

Hoping Paraguay do well overall for Cabanas

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/6/14/1276528128335/Holland-v-Denmark-008.jpg

cuties don't exert