Topic: MPC 2000 turns Nord's volume up for no reason

Hello,

I already posted this inside the MPC Forums (mpc-forums.com), but so far, no one answered me. Perhaps there aren't many synth users but mostly sample users, I don't know... but maybe someone here can help me?

I have an MPC 2000 and I use it together with a Nord Rack 2. Most of the time, everything works fine, but sometimes the MPC seems to arbitrarliy send MIDI data to the Nord, telling him to put the volume of the current patch up to the maximum.

My initial Nord patch is a plain sawtooth patch with its Gain knob centered, and I often use that for playing around. Now sometimes it happens that I play the sequence, stop it, and when I hit the "play" button again, the volume of that patch has suddenly doubled. Of course I haven't programmed any such MIDI events. When I re-select the patch during play, eveything is back to normal again.

Has anybody else had this problem? So far I haven't found a way to reproduce, it just occurs from time to time...

Re: MPC 2000 turns Nord's volume up for no reason

dirty knobs on the mpc? my masterkeyboard does this, a cheapo crappy thing that has 16 midi controller knobs that are so dirty they send out arbitrary midi control data.

if you have a softeware sequencer or even just a pc, you can record the mpc's midi signal and see what it sends out. it may be that the mpoc sends a general midi volume controller message too.. analyze and you will know.. you can also use something like midi-ox to analyze your data stream..

hmm. 

Maybe a midi filter thing?

Can you set the Nord to ignore CC messages? That's what i'd try first if it's annoying you. Then see what exactly the MPC is saying to Nord to turn the volume up.

5 (edited by ZeHa 2010-06-20 12:05:19)

Thanks, I'll see if I can analyze the MIDI data. Sadly, I have to wait until it occurs again, because as I said, I haven't found a way to reproduce that so far.
Can anybody recommend a good MIDI analyzer program?

@ cupcake: It's possible to ignore that, but I have it turned on because some of my sequences have to control filter knobs and so on wink