Re: World Cup thread

I was surprised yesterday all the way.

germany had no luck, really a strange game, but still interesting. not good for my nerves though  tongue

USA had my sympathy, they made a good game then. I felt with them as the 3rd strike did not counted.

England vs Algeria was the play of the day. also the fastest so far, Algeria played very cool combi`s and did good jobs to take off the ball so often, very well but no goal. the "Über-Mannschaft" England was not in their best mood I think. I had no fav in the game first, but I think Algeria did it.
Now they should keep a bit more silent in the UK (yellow) press, it hurts to see what is on there again everyday. esp. the attacks against germany are so oldfashioned  roll  they show it here on Tv and everybody is headshaking.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Cheers En-ger-lund for serving up a real turd of a game....just one more performance like that plz, then all those pundits & press muppets who had already had England through to the Quarter finals...can choke on it during the early flight home lol

Altho i dont know what's worse....the press/media gushing all over England & how they are gonna win the cup, or the self pitying WHINE when they get found out. plz go home so i can enjoy the rest of the tournament

Let's get Dumb

captain duran wrote:

Now they should keep a bit more silent in the UK (yellow) press

That should be 'English' press.

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

iamelectron wrote:
captain duran wrote:

Now they should keep a bit more silent in the UK (yellow) press

That should be 'English' press.

yep

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

155 (edited by jacderida 2010-06-19 10:29:21)

DumbBot wrote:

Cheers En-ger-lund for serving up a real turd of a game....just one more performance like that plz, then all those pundits & press muppets who had already had England through to the Quarter finals...can choke on it during the early flight home lol t

that's the absolute worst thing about it, the arrogance of them (or rather the english media) assigning themselves the same sort of prestige as the likes of teams such as brazil, italy, germany etc.. the furthest that they've been since 1990 is the quarter finals, and they didn't even qualify for Euro  2008. then the coach and players will be crucified in the media for not delivering... 1966 was 44 years ago lads...

the dream of them going out in the first round is 1 step closer to being realised big_smile

jap - i couldn't really care less about the actual analysis tbh, i just hate the arrogance of lineker and shearer when it comes to all things england smile.

the holland vs japan game pre match analysis opens with 10 minutes dedicated to last night's game, and after the break we're going to catch up with the latest at camp england... roll

football(team)`s comin home...lol

second time i fell asleep during the england game. christ. those boys manage to be funny *and* boring.

the usa were so unlucky with adu's disallowed goal. good to see they don't take themselves as seriously as england either:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEyhdpaRuug[/youtube]

cuties don't exert

159 (edited by kirmes 2010-06-19 13:16:59)

gooo japan! banzai!

hmmm...holland.......do we have another paper tiger here??

what an unlucky moment for australia,
red card and penalty kick because of an not intended hand play

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

unfortunate for the aussies but the rules state that once a goalscoring opportunity has been denied by a player with his hands, a red card should be given as well as a penalty.

hey word on the grapevine says that anelka has been expelled from the french squad and maybe more to follow!

keep hackney crap

Denmark! exciting match.

discogs sales 

Jiiihaaa!! still hope for denmark

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

both my nationalities won today \o/ (nl & dk)

hoi!

Affelay needs to finish better when he comes on for NL.

Really unfortunate result for Australia! they played well even with 10 men (seemed like they had more possession overall even).

Altho the Dutch are through....i really havn't been impressed, paper tiger indeed. Nice to see Paul Le Guen continuing to fail in his attempts at football management at Cameroon lol

Let's get Dumb

van der vaart: "we played like the germans, and the germans played like us"

cuties don't exert

ytz wrote:

If he really said that it's the oneliner of the event so far!

so far all the big teams played shite, and I'm pleasantly surprised how much better the other ones got.
Mexico - amazing team play, fast moves and good goals
Japan - Tbh I found them to be faster, more creative and technically better than holland, to bad they're just too many unexperienced players.

I wonder what Maradonna's plan b is if the argentinians ever get a goal by an opponent, from impression he seems tactically as versatile as ummm...someone who only enjoy's winning and will be crying like a schoolboy when things look a little different?

anyway I'm for japan and mexico now. smile

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
ytz wrote:

If he really said that it's the oneliner of the event so far!

saw it here

cuties don't exert

What a performance from Ryan Nelsen!  I'm so happy for New Zealand. Glad to see a shite Italy team have to work incredibly hard just to qualify from their group. Looks like they will only get 2nd place at best now which would mean a probable 2nd round against Holland. Tastey!

Also Smith did a nice job and ofcourse the goalie.

a world cup full of surprises. good matches are rare, but I am still fascinated...  neutral

the french team is go on strike now. (the rumours say the mood is on zero, one team manager left already, directly after Anelka)
italy = a bit lame.
NZ did their best result ever. Switzerland the same. Also USA.
t.b.c.

funny somehow...

discogs sales 

silver wrote:

feel sad for USA, they showed some extremely good sportsmanship even though they "arent a favourite on paper"
they deserved that 3-2 instead of the 2-2 they got

captain duran wrote:

USA had my sympathy, they made a good game then. I felt with them as the 3rd strike did not counted.

USA USA USA

you know the drill right!? the referee zooms into the flock of seagulls wrestling for position right before the kick is taken.
and this red thing down there cost the yanks their 3rd goal. sure it's rough, but with this one  they took it to american football. the slovenian central defender sure wasn't given a hug there was he? heh, so much about the good sportsmanship. the first half slovenia owned the game, total massacre, usa cought up in the second half (i admit, slovenian defense sucks), was a roalercoaster, for me at least. and for a change in that game the referee saw what was happening, he sure was generous with them yellow cards, to slovenians mostly.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1197/usgame1blogspan.jpg

sooooooo... slovenia won't last long anymore anyway, but what i'm saying is ... S-LOVE-N-I-A !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-0Ih8p422A[/youtube]

i can barely recognise freddy adu now he's gone through puberty

cuties don't exert