Re: Paris

hey subk,too bad i read this too late,wd have been cool to catch up & share a beer or two.

dont know if you finally attended the gig but i did.

rard & the disco duo zaltan & raph rocked the stage as usual but fuck, it was really empty.

i dont understand how batofar & hardrock striker made their promo but i hardly never saw this boat so desertic.
was cool to see tako in the surroundings !

hey noctambulo, that makes two of us for responding late.  yeah it would've been super nice to hang but alas, i was with my brother who's kind of a handful tongue  it was his last night and he didn't want to go hear disco so we compromised by listening to jazz in some old revolution-era prison/caveau, which was very "david lynchian" .....

also @ agence, i can't thank you enough for the arts et metiers tip.  i spent two days there looking at everything.  i really recommend it for anyone visiting paris with a penchant for technology and machines history, and they had lots of old recording devices for the sound trivia enthusiasts!  i loved these old school "decks"  haha.  brilliant.

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs151.snc1/5610_120933419924_576484924_2199413_4641133_n.jpg

everything but the kitchen synchotron

Not responding to anybody in particular, but I went to Paris last month and had some amazing food. I would highly recommend these 2 restaurants:

Breizh Cafe (near center of Paris)
www.breizhcafe.com
109 Rue Vieille du Temple
75003 Paris, France
01 42 72 13 77

Cafe Constant (near Eiffel Tower)
www.cafeconstant.com
139 Rue Saint-Dominique
75007 Paris, France
09 75 82 08 07

And if you're for some reason southeast of the center, check out this bakery:

Grégoire
69, Rue Monge,
75005 Paris, France
01 43 31 27 29

They had the most mind-blowingly delicious egg tarts.

i know the restaurants but i'll def try this bakery, thx for the tip dude !

Holà !
I'm going to Paris next week (25-27) to see exhibitions with my (art) students !
Est-ce qu'il y a une petite soirée à ces dates ??

dans l'ombre du vendredi 13

Off April 19th til 22nd Any top tips bots. Its a shame its midweek so I guess no parties!

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Hey robots! I'm in Paris with my mother and 2 younger brothers. We've eaten at the 2 above recommended restaurants I've eaten in before, but for some reason or another they were very average. Perhaps it's the tourist season and waiters and cooks are less enthusiastic or my 2 younger brothers look terribly touristy, but we've just had no luck with the food, which is really disappointing.

Could any robots recommend some restaurants for us? Even bakeries would be great.

Thanks

there are plenty...
a selection of brasserie:

Chantefable, avenue Gambetta, 20th district
Bistrot du Peintre, avenue Ledru-Rollin, 11th district  (perfect if you go shopping in Paris best record shop, Bimbo Tower)
La Cordonnerie, rue saint roch, 1st district
Le boeuf couronné, avenue jaures, 19th district
etc, etc, etc

Thanks for your quick response Agence! I didn't think I'd get any replies this quick. I'll definitely check out your recommendations (including Bimbo Tower). smile

Wepler at Place de Clichy is good for seafood

Le Coude Fou is really nice in Marais

Thanks Technicolor. We'll probably give Le Coude Fou a try since it's near Notre Dame. I've forgotten my mother isn't as young as she once was. Walking long distances is something he hasn't done in years!

I took my mother there too when she came to visit, so it's mom-friendly smile

38 (edited by humangigz 2010-06-29 16:01:49)

Try "La forge" in the 5th district, for traditional and generous food, you know like "Carré d'agneau" or "rognons au vin rouge" their sea food is also very recommandable really fine and tasty

In the 14th you can try also "Le 14 Juillet" that is a  Bistrot/restaurant, with a more lively atmosphere

Also there's, of course, Le Basilic Montmartre at 3, rue Lepic. It's the place they used as the exterior of the bar in the movie Amelie. Great food, and not so pricey, or as touristy as you'd think.

40 (edited by David2010 2010-07-24 13:07:25)

hey,,,,,,,,
My son and I are hoping to travel by Eurostar to Paris Nord, we understand that we can get to Fontenay-sous-Bois by train and we have been told to travel to the next station after Paris Nord, get off, cross the line and get a train to Fontenay-sous-Bois which should take around 20 minutes. Is this correct or does anyone have any better instructions? This is our first journey to France so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
free download

can anybody suggest some good (secondhand)recordstore in paris? Or a good fleamarket on saturday?
going there this weekend

The Arts et Metiers was great.. I can also recommend this little bar I found in the Latin Quarter for a quiet drink or two http://www.curioparlor.com/ great

I fly to Paris tomorrow. I have to wait until 7pm until the people I'm staying with finish work. I get in to the city around 4pm. recommendations for things to do. 2nd Hand Record Shops that I can spend hours going through everything much appreciated.

44 (edited by Technicolor 2011-10-26 11:48:30)

Don't miss out on getting a falafel in the jewish quarters, Marais smile

Groove Store was my favourite store. You can find real gems there cheap. They get in old chicago stuff by the box, and then sell it all for a flat €9. (Or at least this was the the case when I was living there, but it was three years ago). This isn't really in the city centre, though. Otherwise try My Electro Kitchen, 60 rue Quincanpoix (Métro Rambuteau / Les Halles). Not really a lot of electro, and mostly new records.

Cheers Techni. Looks like I have a ton of time to kill. Everyone I know has a job. This is weird to me  yikes

Also you have the Centre Pompidou just around the corner. It's the best modern art collection in the world, so you can't go wrong! smile

Going to Paris for New Years Eve!! Will be there 28 dec - 4 jan. Any parties then? Should I bring my record bag? big_smile

bump

Will be spending some time here in April. Medium to low budget trip with wife. Any tips on good restaurants, cafes where we can get a decent meal? I.e. no tourist traps with high prices for crap food & shit service.. just quality, uncomplicated food with a nice atmosphere.

Kind of depends on where you'll be staying. La Coupole and Wepler are two good seafood places. Le Coud Fou in Marais used to be good, but it's been a few years since I was there now.

Thanks for the tips, we love seafood. We'll be in the center, i have no idea what it's called, Cite? Right by the island in the river. So i guess the tourist area?