Re: World Cup thread

you know i wasn't even goin' to watch uruguay/ghana but i just couldn't take my eyes off of the screen, what a game!!!! congrats to u.r.gay but i still hope the netherlands will knock them out smile

lärm macht spass!

Uruguay are an annoying team. Did not like that game, Ghana should have gone through

Yeah Suarez is quite a fucker, hope the Dutch crush them

Tha arrogance of the argentinians without quite the skill to back it up

I would've done what Suarez did.  Last minute of the game, semi final at stake - it is simply instinctive and essential.  I feel for Ghana though, they played a courageous game and were so unlucky to lose.

Grudging respect to Uruguay, it takes a real streak of evil to win like this

Jap the Lad wrote:

I would've done what Suarez did.  Last minute of the game, semi final at stake - it is simply instinctive and essential.  I feel for Ghana though, they played a courageous game and were so unlucky to lose.

Would you celebrate in the manner Suarez did as well? Dignified... hmm

horrible, a shame, but what a thriller

theres always next year

cebteq wrote:

theres always next year

sad

cuties don't exert

386 (edited by mushaden 2010-07-03 00:12:06)

I mean it would probably be instinctive for most people to handle like that in that circumstance, but there was also the diving (throughout the tournament for him), so to me those together tip the scale.  And, arabot is right... keeping a low profile after that would be the respectable thing to do.

But I'm pulling for The Oranje so I can't talk about diving  lol

teknob wrote:

Tha arrogance of the argentinians without quite the skill to back it up

they know how to cheat the same though

keep hackney crap

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qu43s5.jpg

It just is..

^^ pig of a man

arabot wrote:
Jap the Lad wrote:

Would you celebrate in the manner Suarez did as well? Dignified... hmm

To be fair I didn't see him do that.  sad  That's certainly not a beahviour of thought or feeling but instead greed. Maybe he will mature as he grows older as he is only 23.

ghana won in my mind. Those urgays were wankers

The crazy thing is he could end up scoring the winner in the Final. Wouldn't that be some advert for the game!

Apparently he was on Forlan's shoulders waving his hands (of God) around at the end as well. I suppose hardly surprising due to the stakes involved and how much it means to each nation but it still fundamentally is cheating that reigns supreme. I can't think of any other sport that allows cheating blatantly to win games like football does. No wonder there's so few sportsmen out there now.

If somebody handles it on the line to stop it from going in in the very last minute of the game, a red card is no use to the other side. Fair enough they have to score the subsequent penalty, but that's 50/50. Awarding  a goal and a sending the player off would eliminate this kind of cheating in future anyway, perhaps he might try and throw his body at it instead.

Or perhaps I'm being too soft. Perhaps the flaws in football, the opportunities to cheat and to prosper make football the game it is...but I doubt it.

For me a few rule changes in future might help eliminate the darker side to the sport.

393 (edited by cebteq 2010-07-03 09:25:12)

http://thesoccerroom.com/?p=12940

http://www.huge.id.au/Images/Homer_on_Uruguay.gif

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Nice for Uruguay !
And i think what Suarez did will become as legendary as Maradona's "hand of god" ! wink

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

arabot wrote:

If somebody handles it on the line to stop it from going in in the very last minute of the game, a red card is no use to the other side. Fair enough they have to score the subsequent penalty, but that's 50/50. Awarding  a goal and a sending the player off would eliminate this kind of cheating in future anyway, perhaps he might try and throw his body at it instead.

Or perhaps I'm being too soft. Perhaps the flaws in football, the opportunities to cheat and to prosper make football the game it is...but I doubt it.

I agree with you on Saurez and his cheating personality, but in South American football that's more rule then exception. Wouldn't you be/become that way if you would actually get cheered at for diving and getting a penalty kick for your team?

But then again, I think 90% of the non-african players left in this wc would've scored that penalty kick...

Let's see if an Uruguayan kicks Robben's head clean off with a typical South-American flying tackle  big_smile

Suarez was man of the match, no doubt. Besides I think it was a dive that resulted Ghanas last minute free kick.

i hear you

I still don't get how anyone with no Uruguayan relation could support anything else than Ghana...
now this is the game so awaited, really don't know who to support or make a bet...

The way people are talking it's like no-one got themselves sent off for the good of the team before.

Gyan bottled it. He's scored every other penalty he's taken for Ghana. And Ghana shouldn't have had that free kick in the first place, so....

50/50 in the justice stakes

cuties don't exert

ehehehehe

lärm macht spass!