captain duran wrote:

http://www.huge.id.au/Images/Homer_on_Uruguay.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soTdbGXI … re=related
big_smile

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Re: World Cup thread

deeeeutschland deutschland u:ber alles !!!!!!!!!

lärm macht spass!

Striiiiiiiiiike !!!!!!  big_smile  big_smile

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

nothing seals it like a 4:0 loss. Pressure is on Germany now to make it 4:0 in the next 2 games!

Congrats Holland. Congrats Deutschland.
What a match today. A massacre, a blitzkrieg. Maradona was mocking us 'cause we lost yesterday. Now it's our turn. Each german goal was heavily celebrated here. Vuvuzelas roaring, people screaming, fireworks. Beautiful!
Schweinsteiger is playing a lot! Amazing performance in this Cup. The title of best player must be his.

Thank you GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

407 (edited by Agence Internationale 2010-07-03 18:22:55)

now i'm really for a holland-spain final...
though Germany plays a really nice football, it's physically impossible for a french to support them
"football: a game that involve 11 players by team, and where germany always win" (Larousse dictionnary 1986)

wow, sehr gut!!!

Maradona you fool.

Milito and Samuel on the bench.  Zanetti and Cambiasso stay at home.

Argentina's defence was finally showed up by a good team.  It was written in the wind.

At least they went out without fighting or a red card for once.

Zubeldia wrote:

If somebody handles it on the line to stop it from going in in the very last minute of the game, a red card is no use to the other side. Fair enough they have to score the subsequent penalty, but that's 50/50. Awarding  a goal and a sending the player off would eliminate this kind of cheating in future anyway, perhaps he might try and throw his body at it instead.

I agree, BUT.. you can't implement a rule change like that, you cant always be certain that the ball is going into the goal.

Where do you draw the line?  By giving a goal without the ball going into the net, you are going against the very essence of the game.  I sometime feel sorry for FIFA, because players have no sportsmanship anymore, it would be hard to find solutions to these problems without destroying the game that is already the most popular in the world

411 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-07-03 18:37:23)

ramos wrote:
Zubeldia wrote:

If somebody handles it on the line to stop it from going in in the very last minute of the game, a red card is no use to the other side. Fair enough they have to score the subsequent penalty, but that's 50/50. Awarding  a goal and a sending the player off would eliminate this kind of cheating in future anyway, perhaps he might try and throw his body at it instead.

I agree, BUT.. you can't implement a rule change like that, you cant always be certain that the ball is going into the goal.

Where do you draw the line?  By giving a goal without the ball going into the net, you are going against the very essence of the game.  I sometime feel sorry for FIFA, because players have no sportsmanship anymore, it would be hard to find solutions to these problems without destroying the game that is already the most popular in the world

i do not think Í wrote that (arabot did..), i responded to that wink

Only thing that's needed now is a goalline camera, nothing else.

congrats to ze germanz btw, although i would've liked argentina to win it..

Ik zie de bui al hangen dat word NL tegen Duitsland als in '74

Strictly Rockaas

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2010/06/26/uruguay584.jpg
http://www.liquidpoker.net/user_pictures/ce00f.ORLY_Mexican.jpg

cuties don't exert

all the teams that made this far are crap. what a disappointing world cup 2010!! no style whatsoever.

heifetz wrote:

all the teams that made this far are crap. what a disappointing world cup 2010!! no style whatsoever.

I dont know anything about football, but I lately saw Argentina got kicked ass by the Germans and they played pretty fair and good.
Same counts for the Dutch in the 2nd half against Brazil...

Strictly Rockaas

heifetz wrote:

are you kidding?  Germany have been brilliant, the rest of the teams have been poor I agree.
This is the most entertaining German side since, since forever.

ramos wrote:

x2

cuties don't exert

Very good Germany & Netherland teams
Not impressive Spain
Ultra-overrated Argentina
Dissapointing Brazil
Shameless cheating Uruguay
But very entertaining games since the 1/4th  cool

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/4e3f60bb_1fc4_01f9.jpg

ytz wrote:
ramos wrote:

x2

yeah, first time really satisfied since 1990

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

miravalles wrote:

Congrats Holland. Congrats Deutschland.
What a match today. A massacre, a blitzkrieg. Maradona was mocking us 'cause we lost yesterday. Now it's our turn. Each german goal was heavily celebrated here. Vuvuzelas roaring, people screaming, fireworks. Beautiful!
Schweinsteiger is playing a lot! Amazing performance in this Cup. The title of best player must be his.

Good to know! Thx 4 ur support!  Germany, at last a reaaaaal football team, no superstars, less ego, less talk. just a proper team. go on.

heifetz wrote:

Hatas gonna hate! Hatas our motivation.

If we had won that match, today I wouldn't have to work. Unfortunately, life is back to normal down here.
I love Holland very much, but i'll have to go for Uruguay. We are neighbours and Loco Abreu, the author of the last goal (crazy!), plays in my team here in Rio. Go Uruguay!
By the way, heve you seen that chick from Paraguay? She promised shed would get naked in the middle of a public square in Paraguay if the team went on to the semifinals. Well, Paraguay's back home already, but she's still taking her clothes off.
She was advertising a men's deodorant brand on her boobs! Man, marketing and advertising have gone too far. Have you seen that case with the dutch girls advertising some beer? They were doing what they call "ambush marketing". I still don't quite get it. What beer were they advertising? If I were a girl I'd never sell ad space on my boobs.
http://aeiou.expresso.pt/users/0/14/larissa-riquelme-desesperou-com-a-derrot-bcb7.jpg

424 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2010-07-06 16:16:36)

miravalles wrote:

Well, Paraguay's back home already, but she's still taking her clothes off.

http://aeiou.expresso.pt/users/0/14/larissa-riquelme-desesperou-com-a-derrot-bcb7.jpg

Oef! Glad to read that she's so flexible.

Am I the only one (that is not from Holland)who doesn't want Holland to be world champion? I've seen all their games and they were just horrible, mostly borring and uninspired, even against Brazil they were only "good" in the second half, they were nowhere in the 1st half. Germany has been awesome so far, amazing football and they really play as a team. I hope the win the World Cup.

"A Real Music Hater"

i want spain to win. germany probably will.

uruguay could give the dutch a fright if they take it for granted...

cuties don't exert