Re: Melt! festival 09

ellen allien and hell dj sets were good in some bits. royksopp also excellent, yes.

Couldn't believe !!! didn't play ANYTHING from "Louden up Now", their best work

Animal Collective was real nice at dour!
Best after Gong.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

@ teknob, yes - I needed a break while Aphex Twin was playing, because I was on my feets since morning and I felt a bit like an old daddy in the end. so I took place near a crane with a good view. sorry. the rain sucked. and the sound was bombastic! A shame I forgot my earplugs in the tent, so I was not so happy with the tissue, better than nothing. But it was another reason why I left earlier from the crowd.

saturday (my free day) I met some berliners and I joined some of the indie / electro bands as well. First concert was Wedding Present - I never saw them playing live, and I thought it was nice. Filthy Dukes were surprisingly not bad. Mediengruppe, Bloc Party, Aninmal Collective were really not my thing, but it was okay just to have some fun with my dudes, but maybe it was just because of my friends` weed.    I liked DJ Hell at the Big Wheel.
sunday was not much to do, so I checked out some of the bands too, mostly a few songs only. Shir Khan, Glasvegas, Polarkreis 18  -  and UK heroes Oasis.
I was so happy that there was some space in the car for me to take me back home in the same night. otherwise I planned to go home monday afternoon / evening. But festival life is heavy, even if I had some more comfort (warm water, real toilets, shower, nice catering) in the backstage area. I am still in recorvering modus, hehe.
was nice to meet you guys. I am sure we will meet somewhere soon again.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

captain duran wrote:

But festival life is heavy, even if I had some more comfort (warm water, real toilets, shower, nice catering) in the backstage area. I am still in recorvering modus, hehe.

Oh no, that's terrible wink But we didn't slum it too much either, on saturday we did a cultural trip to Bauhaus Dessau. They also had real toilets, warm water and good food. I must find out where they have the staff showers for next year.

captain duran wrote:

First concert was Wedding Present - I never saw them playing live, and I thought it was nice.

wow, they are still performing? i used to love those guys in the 80's.
their 'ukrainian folk sessions' recorded for john peel was amazing. well at least it was back then. must try and dig it out and see how it stands against time.

they also did a cool lp called 'seamonsters', produced by steve albini.
was a major departure from the frenetic pace of 'bizarro' which had all those crazy velvets style guitar workouts at the end of each track

glad you enjoyed them capitan

keep hackney crap

@ byron

I know only a few older tracks and I enjoyed their performance as it sounded very classic indiepop/rock. good tracks, good sound, simply perfect. I am happy I took the time to check it out.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Im a bit surprised about Tiga too, I liked the set...shame that they already stopped at 2am on sunday night...so we went to the sleepless floor and joined some drug addicts dancing to minimal beats...brrr
but then we saw like 30 random people doing a garbage-can-drum-session or something...they took like 20 garbage cans in front of the entrance and then did an hour of improvised drum beats....really really weird but somehow it rocked, hehe

yeah, the sleepless floor is the strangest place at Ferropolis. I wasnt there this time... just walked by and was scared a bit, hehe.

discogs sales 

It's good you've enjoyed the festival.

Line-up looks always the same. The favorite artists from Spex, Groove and Intro.

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

i've been there too and had a great party. really entertaining line-up. mostly i liked fever ray and whithest boy alive. but it was too full at some concerts. and i think most people were from spain this year wink

really? I thought there was lots of english. really young english

many english and dutch people...

english and dutch and spanish wink

anyone at the melt festival this year?

nah, it sold out

no, I am not working this year. Not so unhappy about... I am too old for festival excess. big_smile

But Dani is there, she`ll care for the superstars again, I will take Henry, the dog, while she is in Ferropolis.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/3/l_319d49c0891849a5b83d002af2c5aa5e.jpg

discogs sales