Topic: TEEBEE MKIII problem with cv/gate-outs + Oberheim 6R has blackouts

Im having some problems with the cv/gates out of my TeeBee.. Normally the TeeBee should send cv/gate on channels 1, 2, 3 and cv/hertz on channel 4. But now it also sends hertz on channel 3 even after I tried resetting it.. Anyone experienced the same problem before?

Also my Oberheim 6R tends to skip notes in certain patches. I think it has to do something with the second voice but Im not sure.. Any 6R users who know this error?

thanks!

ps: Is there anyone with a dr-Bohm DD19 drummodule because I cant get mine controlled externally with midi?

TB or not TB

Re: TEEBEE MKIII problem with cv/gate-outs + Oberheim 6R has blackouts

how did you reset the teebee? sysex or programming from the front? there is a battery or something in there somewhere, mine doesn't remember its settings anymore so every time i start it up, i have to send it a small sequence from cubase..

rude66 wrote:

how did you reset the teebee? sysex or programming from the front? there is a battery or something in there somewhere, mine doesn't remember its settings anymore so every time i start it up, i have to send it a small sequence from cubase..

According to the manual you have to: switch the teebee on while holding the program button. Rotate the pots in setting 'left, right, left, right, left' & press program again.. I never used sysex so that cant be the problem but also I dont know if I can fix it with sysex. Do you know if I can fix it with cubase 2.0.5 on a 5300 mac? smile
Our livingroom became half studio because I couldnt stand watching those machines doing nothing any longer. I took me a few days to get everything in place and connected. I didnt managed to get everything working and in sync properly so thats quite frustrating..

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

Also my Oberheim 6R tends to skip notes in certain patches. I think it has to do something with the second voice but Im not sure.. Any 6R users who know this error?

Run the calibration command several times to see if you can pull the voice back into spec.  If that doesn't work open it up and try reseating the voice in its connector.  The final option is to get a new CEM chip.

Forax wrote:
Freek wrote:

Run the calibration command several times to see if you can pull the voice back into spec.  If that doesn't work open it up and try reseating the voice in its connector.  The final option is to get a new CEM chip.

thanks Forax, gonna try it tonight!

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

Our livingroom became half studio because I couldnt stand watching those machines doing nothing any longer. I took me a few days to get everything in place and connected. I didnt managed to get everything working and in sync properly so thats quite frustrating..

And we need pics....!>!!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

pic is a bit shabby but you get an impression smile

http://www.otherworlds.nl/pix/killtheconstructorkindofstudio.jpg

Erroraudio wrote:

And we need pics....!>!!

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

Im having some problems with the cv/gates out of my TeeBee.. Normally the TeeBee should send cv/gate on channels 1, 2, 3 and cv/hertz on channel 4. But now it also sends hertz on channel 3 even after I tried resetting it..

You've probably tried this, but if not:  try programming the setting you want instead of only resetting.
Maybe that will work ?
And btw my manual says the default setting for channel 1+2  is cv/gate and for channel 3+4 is inverted gate volt/hertz.
Not only channel 4.
But mine is a mark I, maybe the default settings are different on that one..

9 (edited by ClubMdM 2010-07-20 23:09:07)

I also have the first model TeeBee and afaik you can program each of the 4 outputs to your desire (inverted gate or not, V/Octave or V/Hertz, midi channel). It's all in the  program mode table & value table in the manual.

Btw, i also have a little problem with it: if i use it with my MS-10, it doen't track right; if i tune the MS on a low C and play the masterkeyboard upwards, it gets slightly more out of tune the higher i get. On MS-10's own keyboard this doesn't happen. Anybody recognize this?

To me programming that thing is one of the most stressful things in the studio, that sequence just drives you wild haha

Freek wrote:

Erroraudio wrote:

And we need pics....!>!!

OMG!!!111oneoneone.... Cool

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

you shouldn't have to reprogram the teebee all the time. besides, doing it with sysex is a hell of a lot easier too..

the tracking issue is very likely not the teebee.. have you tried it with one of the other cv outs on the machine?

mr pauli wrote:
Freek wrote:

Im having some problems with the cv/gates out of my TeeBee.. Normally the TeeBee should send cv/gate on channels 1, 2, 3 and cv/hertz on channel 4. But now it also sends hertz on channel 3 even after I tried resetting it..

You've probably tried this, but if not:  try programming the setting you want instead of only resetting.
Maybe that will work ?
And btw my manual says the default setting for channel 1+2  is cv/gate and for channel 3+4 is inverted gate volt/hertz.
Not only channel 4.
But mine is a mark I, maybe the default settings are different on that one..

yes Ill have a try with the panel programming because sysex isnt a option for now.. And yes you are right about channel 3 and 4 being inverted according to the manual. A bit strange because on the interface only channel 4 is marked as hertz.. So the TeeBee is OK I only need some new settings.

ClubMdM wrote:

Btw, i also have a little problem with it: if i use it with my MS-10, it doen't track right; if i tune the MS on a low C and play the masterkeyboard upwards, it gets slightly more out of tune the higher i get. On MS-10's own keyboard this doesn't happen. Anybody recognize this?

did you try another source to control the ms10? And do you have the same problem with machines controlled by cv/gate?

OMG!!!111oneoneone.... Cool

thanks! but it looks better when it works properly smile

rude66 wrote:

you shouldn't have to reprogram the teebee all the time. besides, doing it with sysex is a hell of a lot easier too..

Ill bring it with me soon, and maybe we should have a look at those batteries..

TB or not TB

ClubMdM wrote:

if i use it with my MS-10, it doen't track right; if i tune the MS on a low C and play the masterkeyboard upwards, it gets slightly more out of tune the higher i get. On MS-10's own keyboard this doesn't happen. Anybody recognize this?

I have about the same problem but with me it's the TeeBee itself that doesn't track right.
It get's more out of tune the higher i get....could it be there is a scaling potmeter inside???
The cv/gate channels seem to work fine.
With my Monotron it's absolutely precise.
With my Yamaha CS 15 it's a little less precise but not in the way you describe.
It's just a few keys that aren't precise, but i think it's the CS 15 i have to blame.

Freek wrote:

Erroraudio wrote:

And we need pics....!>!!

very nice studio freek!
how exactly do you access that synth way above the mixer?!?

worship the potentiometer.

screenvinylimage wrote:

very nice studio freek!

thanks, but its a temp solution and I dont have enough room now to hook up everything..

screenvinylimage wrote:

how exactly do you access that synth way above the mixer?!?

I guess it looks far away on the picture but its within reach.
maybe I can upload some better photos later on so you can actually see what instruments are on the picture  smile

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

thanks, but its a temp solution and I dont have enough room now to hook up everything..

i think that is a common issue found on this forum. smile

worship the potentiometer.

screenvinylimage wrote:
Freek wrote:

i think that is a common issue found on this forum. smile

I can always go Fruity Loops  hmm  wink

TB or not TB

Cheers for the tips guys. I'll look into it one of these days. I think i'll start with a big reset and if that won't work do some tests with the various outputs and perhaps open it up too. Btw, mine started acting strange (losing settings for instance) eversince there was a brutal power-cut in my crib

Ive managed to program the TeeBee with the front-panel so thats fixed..  smile

digital manuals can be found here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~syntecno/files.htm

TB or not TB

zie je nou wel?  tongue

rude66 wrote:

zie je nou wel?  tongue

smile

the Bohm machine is also running btw, it seems that it doesnt work when connected to the P.Rees thru-box..

TB or not TB

zie je nou wel? tongue

lol

TB or not TB

cpould be the thrubox.. some machines need a direct midi connection. i also have several machines that wont run after insert a splitter box.. the 909 is one of them..

rude66 wrote:

cpould be the thrubox.. some machines need a direct midi connection. i also have several machines that wont run after insert a splitter box.. the 909 is one of them..

I had that same problem before with the tb303. But now the Bohm is connected to the Sherman wich has 3 thru outs and that works.. So I guess Phillip Rees is just a dick wink
Still I think its weird, you would expect a thru box to send the original signal 1-on-1..

TB or not TB