51 (edited by meschi 2010-07-23 10:00:09)

Re: Health and Fitness

no certainly not, Im not disputing anything the film is trying to put across, I just didnt like the film, thats all. I love the idea that vitamins can cure the world and its largely unknown because its largely untaught. I love the idea that this film tries to portray...
the only thing I don't like, is the film itself and the way it tried to force its ideas upon you...

'it is for a great deal your responsebility what you shove inside your mouth but if you eat & drink consciously you are able to prevent illnesses'

I totally agree with this.

smile

Don't have an action plan as yet, watched the film late last night and just up today, but would like to look further into it. Not trying to 'reinvent the wheel' just trying to discover how it works.

meschi, maybe we have to bear in mind this documentairy was aimed mainly for the people in the U.S. Well, at least that's how it appeared to me, as Europeans we might prefer a little different approach. But nevertheless, one of the most interesting docu's I've seen lately (and important too).
Sorry if I was a little harsch on you wink
Another thing, since this docu is 77minutes, I think they did a prety good job to keep things interesting all the way.
I didn't felt 'now I've seen enough and quit before the end'...  so big thumbs up.

Strictly Rockaas

yeah, suppose, Im not used to being shouted at through the tele haha.

"sorry if I was a little harsh on you"
no of course man, its all good smile

Like I said, interesting ideas, but they could have been put across soooo much better. Nevermind, I had double helping of sushi today, so its helped a little wink

I must admit to do very little for my fitness neutral

from time to time I play table-tennis with a buddy
think it is the most ingenious and fastest ball sport and it does it for me!!!
i love those top spin fights playing meters behind the table very lot...best thing is the Timo Boll shout "SHAW" when i win such a rally smile

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

55 (edited by like-a-kim 2010-08-03 11:01:07)

my "tools" for this year's football season..

http://i29.tinypic.com/2m5h6ky.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/rrmadj.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/6zlemt.jpg

in the game for 22 years now (last 11 years in the A team - amateur level > ca. 3 times/week)..
still love this sport with heart and soul despite its immense popularity, the fair amount of morons on a pitch, the occasional injury (I already have the ankles of an old man), etc... 
the pros still outwin the cons, so I signed up for another year ... we have ambition to end up in the first three

56 (edited by ytz 2010-08-03 12:21:43)

@like-a-kim
what position you play?

cuties don't exert

the only sport i like is swimming in the mediterranean. but i live too far from there so no sports for me  hmm i used to go biking a lot but i got totally bored of it.

ytz wrote:

@like-a-kim
what position you play?

(attacking or central) midfielder
but i don't score a lot  smile
maybe this year?

20 goals at least or the transfer list for you  tongue

cuties don't exert

60 (edited by like-a-kim 2010-08-03 14:30:05)

My maximum is 6 if I remember correct.
but I'm a real teamplayer, not the lazy nr. 10 type ... and I can play music in the teamcafé afterwards
that should be enough to prolong my contract  smile

like-a-kim wrote:

then you're good enough for De Rode Duivels

"A Real Music Hater"

62 (edited by ytz 2010-08-03 16:01:56)

like-a-kim wrote:

but I'm a real teamplayer, not the lazy nr. 10 type ... and I can play music in the teamcafé afterwards
that should be enough to prolong my contract  smile

haha, i feel you

i play billy bremner style defensive midfield -  centre midfield is the hardest position to play i think, you need to be a jack of all trades

edit. with all the wear and tear you put your body through i don't think football really counts as health and fitness. maybe it's a good cardio workout, but that's it.

cuties don't exert

im into capoeira - 5-6 years of training and still counting....

A Musica....A Musica Na Capoeira Eu Axe....A musica Na Capoeira Eu Todo

Im down about a stone and a half since i've started running... feeling really good. Lost 4 inches on my waist and up 4 notches on my belt, down from a large to a medium... need a new wardrobe wink

running, bicycling, cross-country skiing, swimming...those types of cardio exercises are the best way to lose some extra weight....only problem is persistence....i could use some running, but can never get myself to start smile....so i got cross-country simulation machine at home, which i dont use big_smile....anyway, as long as u dont stop running, or any other cardio-type exercise, u will live long and prosperous smile

i ran my first 8k last night - the back of my knee is feeling a bit sore today, hopefully it'll be fine with a days rest.

i'm the same meschi, rapidly shedding the pounds which was really my motivation for doing the 10k. should hopefully be even more leaner in another month when the run comes around smile.

Tin Man wrote:

running, bicycling, cross-country skiing, swimming...those types of cardio exercises are the best way to lose some extra weight....only problem is persistence....i could use some running, but can never get myself to start smile....so i got cross-country simulation machine at home, which i dont use big_smile....anyway, as long as u dont stop running, or any other cardio-type exercise, u will live long and prosperous smile

i heard some advice recently regarding this situation where they used running as an example. went something like... don't say to yourself that you must go for a run, just say you will be outside tomorrow with your running shoes on. it's a smaller commitment and the run is much less intimidating from that position.

thats actually a good advice....makes u think smile

the problem with me is that i have the will and time, but i hate running solo....any1 wanna join? smile

i dont mean to sound like a know-it-all, but when it comes to cardio, the best kind of results are made when u change pace, no mater what kind of exercise u do...when u go to the gym, all those running tracks and other types of fellow machines can give u random programs that, from time to time, change elevation and, in that way, create different kinds of pressure on your body...

dont get me wrong, running 8k or 10k is great, but the same results, or even better, that u get by running the same way all the time, can be made in far less time, if u change your pace...

it maybe sounds easy to say it, but its a bit hard to do it....it takes time to get to that level, but the way u guys are going is good, so just keep on running smile

ronin wrote:
Tin Man wrote:

i heard some advice recently regarding this situation where they used running as an example. went something like... don't say to yourself that you must go for a run, just say you will be outside tomorrow with your running shoes on. it's a smaller commitment and the run is much less intimidating from that position.

thanks for the advice, i'll gonna pick that up when back to work, i'll just bring my training clothes with me to work and go by the gym on my way back home smile

70 (edited by Obi1r 2010-08-05 15:32:31)

Almost every day I'm outside with running shoes on, but unless I am chased by a bunch of cariboo's I wont run
And I am complete fine with this

Strictly Rockaas

oh man, so I did pretty well in the triathalon and even beat the youngest and most athletic kid in my group.  i heard the VP punking him about it cuz this guy has massive ego  and i put a dent in it

meschi - long time no speak! how's your prep going? you still set to run next sunday?

i'm consistently doing 8k now, and i ran 8k last night. my plan before the run is to do 8k this thursday, 9k this saturday, 10k on monday, back down to 8 on wednesday, then a little 4k on friday just to keep my legs active.

then it's the big day on sunday big_smile

73 (edited by meschi 2010-08-25 11:33:47)

yeah, lookin forward to it...
Prep is going well, ran 6.4k last night, couldve kept running, but I done a fast 5k the day before so taking it easy on my legs.

My plan is to rest today, do a really fast 4 k on Thursday, a 6.4k (4 miles) on Friday and an 8k on Saturday, rest Sunday, Monday, 9k on Tuesday, 6.4k on Wednesday and a 4k on Tuesday... then rest until Sunday morning 10k.

My original plan was to hit 10k before the race, but fuck it. smile

Also seem to keep losing weight which is nice. Only another half a stone to go until Im in my recommended weight bracket, and that'll be me nearly lost 3 stone this year... feelin good!

cool man, good stuff! all sounding good.

it's actually annoying how early it is in the morning, but i guess it's to ensure as little disruption as possible to the city?

i'm losing weight too - lost 19 pounds so far to get bang on 13 stone. i also want to lose at least another half stone to get back down to about 12 st 4/5lbs, which was the weight i was at the beginning of 2009. i could lose a little more weight than that i think, but it started to become real difficult for me - would take a lot of hardcore dieting and probably doing resistance training to get much below that.

but fuck it, 12stone 4/5 is low enough. can't wait to get down to my ideal weight, i'm gonna keep the running up so that i can eat like a beast and not worry about the weight gain big_smile

haha, once I get down down to my ideal weight, between 10/11 stone, Im gonna have a massive scran party, with ghee baths and chocolate face masks. Donuts the size of vinyl so I can stick em on my turntables and eat them off the rotating tray. Nutella buckets with pizza crunch dips! oh aye!!