Re: TEEBEE MKIII problem with cv/gate-outs + Oberheim 6R has blackouts

i guess it depends if its passive or active. there is some kind of small amount of power on there somewhere, and passive splitting can divide that.. something active like the sherman won't..

rude66 wrote:

i guess it depends if its passive or active. there is some kind of small amount of power on there somewhere, and passive splitting can divide that.. something active like the sherman won't..

the Philip Rees is powered by a 9v battery, other instruments like the Paia and 6r pick up the midi data without problems so far. Midi can be a bitch, thats why I always preferred analog signals and sync. If you want to take it to another level you cant do without unfortunately. I guess I just have to deal with it..

TB or not TB

strange that if it uses 9v, it doesn't 'boost' the midi signal. i guess then it is a bad design.. but you cal also buy older midi patchbays and stuff really cheap.. i found my motu midi express on queens day for 5 euro..

rude66 wrote:

strange that if it uses 9v, it doesn't 'boost' the midi signal. i guess then it is a bad design.. but you cal also buy older midi patchbays and stuff really cheap.. i found my motu midi express on queens day for 5 euro..

Im gonna change my whole midi-setup and sequence as soon as I have my studio-space back again. Im also checking options for multitracking/recording. Maybe you and Mantonio can advice me a bit when Im getting started?

TB or not TB