Re: Updating the forum

should also add that the ifm forum is really nicely integrated with all the other ifm services - including chat (cebteq cannot escape)

cuties don't exert

152 (edited by Technicolor 2010-08-02 21:30:31)

Well then, maybe a total migration is the best way to go?

Edit: provided that all of the threads from here are migrated too. I don't like the idea of an elitist forum "dedicated to music only", as the IFM forum was until now. The music is what ties us all together, that will never change, but the forum acts as a living area, where we can explore each others interest and see WHAT ELSE we have in common.

153 (edited by DumbBot 2010-08-03 18:47:11)

Yes, if ifm wanted a forum...there is a ready-made one right here....the ifm forum is not even half a forum, it half an idea..its half arsed. I am certainly not compelled to post on it, its dull as hell. Bad idea.

Let's get Dumb

Nobody ask you to post on it, just dont if you dont want to.

IFM Forum is not created to take over the R4R forum, its just a way to improve communication regarding IFM related things.
So tell everyone what you are smoking, drinking and eating here, or post your guilty pleasures.
Tracklists, questions regarding shows or IFM partynews for instance can be found there

155 (edited by DumbBot 2010-08-03 21:12:47)

I wasn't expecting a handwritten invitation mensch.....forums are also for posting opinions, mine still stands.

i can't see the logic, it improves nothing.

Let's get Dumb

DumbBot wrote:

.forums are also for posting opinions, mine still stands.

Sure, wasnt my intention to criticise your opinion.

MenschMaschine wrote:

Nobody ask you to post on it, just dont if you dont want to.

IFM Forum is not created to take over the R4R forum, its just a way to improve communication regarding IFM related things.

I think this is the heart of the matter. I think what we are going for is that we can't see how this is improving communication. I now have to visit TWO forums for what I used to be able to do in one. That's not improvement for the user. I can see how they would want to have more overview over the information pertaining to IFM though. I just don't like idea of splitting it up. Bad enough that there was a split between radio and forum, now the forum is splitting? What is this strategy, Divide and conquer? tongue

not all of us are members of IFM

159 (edited by MenschMaschine 2010-08-03 22:28:07)

Technicolor wrote:

I think what we are going for is that we can't see how this is improving communication. I now have to visit TWO forums for what I used to be able to do in one. That's not improvement for the user.

Most of the information, ideas or questions regarding IFM that are posted here dont reach IFM HQ.
So the improvement in communication might not be noticed instantly by users of this forum as you allready say.
But the improvement will mostly be noticed by IFM itself

http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~miles/images/i-has-minions.jpg

cebteq wrote:

http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~miles/images/i-has-minions.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/315hloh.jpg

cuties don't exert

cebteq wrote:

not all of us are members of IFM

and not all ifm members are here..

all we need is a ploy to force them to come over

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire/content/images/2008/09/25/blackadder_baldrick_203x152.jpg

thats right, this calls for a cunning plan.. lol

http://www.chessville.com/misc/History/PastPawns/images/PP2.GIF

still no chance in opening the IFM section on R4R? As far as I can see know the closing only worked counter-productive and didnt made any sense..

TB or not TB

Freek: It's part of the style wink

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Im currently busy with improving the IFM website so things will work way smoother and stuff will be more clear regarding communication of shows, parties and more.
IFM stuff on R4R is on hold for the moment untill decided how stuff is gonna be communicated concerning IFM information. IFM and R4R are basicly serving the same people so the last thing we want is to have double stuff etc. and keep each others visitors away (dont think it works like that) but ok. This is what we agreed.  At the moment its a bit inconvenient I admit. We planned to have the IFM website updated before the end of this year and changes on r4r will follow.
Ill keep you guys updated.

BMX wrote:

Freek: It's part of the style wink

smile

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Im currently busy with improving the IFM website so things will work way smoother and stuff will be more clear regarding communication of shows, parties and more.
IFM stuff on R4R is on hold for the moment untill decided how stuff is gonna be communicated concerning IFM information. IFM and R4R are basicly serving the same people so the last thing we want is to have double stuff etc. and keep each others visitors away (dont think it works like that) but ok. This is what we agreed.  At the moment its a bit inconvenient I admit. We planned to have the IFM website updated before the end of this year and changes on r4r will follow.
Ill keep you guys updated.

thanks!

TB or not TB