1 (edited by Leo Slayer 2010-08-10 11:49:12)

Topic: Beheading John the Baptist August 29th Manchester

Beheading John the Baptist August 29th Manchester

http://www.breviary.net/images/johnbaptistbeheading6.jpg

If you observe how men die, you would see that the death of a man usually resembles his sin. As it is written: "For all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (St. Matthew 26:52). Every sin is a knife and men usually are slain by that sin which they most readily committed. An example of this is given to us by Salome, the foul daughter of Herodias who asked for and received from Herod the head of John the Baptist on a platter. Living in Spain in the town of Lerida with the exiled Herod and Herodias, Salome set out one day across the frozen river Sikaris. The ice broke and she fell into the water up to her neck. Icebergs squeezed around her neck and she wiggled, dancing with her feet in the water as she once danced at the court of Herod. However, she was unable either to raise herself up or to drown until a sharp piece of ice severed her head. The water carried her body away and her head was brought to Herodias on a platter as was the head of John the Baptist at one time. Behold how terrible a death resembles the sin committed.

All Day Disco Crusade
Manchester

Soup Kitchen
31-33 Spear Street
Manchester M1 1DF

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Re: Beheading John the Baptist August 29th Manchester

yis mate

Same weekend as Mardi gras get your hot pants looked out.

any more details Andy??

5 (edited by meschi 2010-07-08 09:32:48)

If its not gonna cost me much to get to manchester, Im in.
Ok, looks like its pittance to get up. Need somewhere to rest my head though Andy, whats every other cunt up tae?

Gentleman. Looks like this date is unlikely to go ahead (pardon the pun) as there is an all dayer on and I havent been able to get a venue finalised.  Im down this weekend and will try and get something arranged btu possibly need to shift dates. Apologies. I had hoped to moved by this date too.

no worries brother. shout me when you know.
P.

Speaking to some venues this weekend.

Looks like a goer.  big_smile

any joy with the venues?

Mr Inserted has secured the Soup Kitchen.

Times etc etc etc To be confirmed. Its my Manchester induction that weekend.  big_smile

Gutting to be missing this. It should be a lot of fun. Hope your move goes nice and smoothly Andy.